• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Deimos

I wouldn't call the shrapnel a retcon since we don't really know what happened to BB during this time period. Kojima can add all the random crap he wants as long as BB returns to the same state he was in MG. If the shrapnel is still there in a remake, then it would definitely be a retcon.

Technically, the robot arm isn't a retcon either, but I'm going to consider it one since it was never implied that BB had a prosthetic arm in MG.

Palpable

I'm telling you, he spilled coffee on it or something and now he's trying to sweep it under the rug. I'm on to you Tora.

Plottwist: All MGS Gaf getting free Diamond Dogs shirts and that's why Tora is taking so long!
:(

More than likely. It cost me $60 to print and ship it to Tora. :(

Oh, by the way look what came in today:

10440814_10152785702456285_4643428827662035225_n.jpg

10313557_10152785702491285_4234508067649766216_n.jpg

10325277_10152785702516285_2927318598549729734_n.jpg

You probably said it before but did Tora ever pm you saying he even got it? We should get free stuff though, I'm not sure why, but we should.

Also, sweet Metal Gear Ray. Thing's a fucking monster.

Palpable

You probably said it before but did Tora ever pm you saying he even got it? We should get free stuff though, I'm not sure why, but we should.

Also, sweet Metal Gear Ray. Thing's a fucking monster.

Thanks. Yeah he said he got it during TGS and was trying to find out how best to send it to Kojima.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
omg omg omg I did the second tengu battle and the 20 rays in one segment. I timed my ray fight and it was under 12 minutes. That was the greatest battle in my entire mgs career. Using my 8th and final save for the chokehold + final solidus boss battle.

edit: ^That is an amazing picture.

dc89

Just listening to the MGS1 sound track. When Rex's Lair starts I can not resist the urge to let a "ZOOOM". What a track that is.
Anyone got a single piece of MGS music they love?

JayEH

Good job Sublevel! You've done what I probably never will lol. I'm working on a foxhound rank for MGS3 but it ain't going so hot.

i think this theme is a solid replacement for the original mgs theme that gregson-williams made famous with mgs2. i hope there's a reworked version as the TPP theme

I too hope so but I'm confident that it will be used in TPP because it appeared in GZ.
It's a shame that the arrival of Morpho only triggers music in the main mission.

Two in particular have been my favorite:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTvFs7ku34

This one really gets the blood pumping. It to me perfectly imbues that "chase scene" music feel. The bongo's and the snare phrasings really give momentum/inertia to this alert theme as well as this next one.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7mM-XXlNI

I'm not gonna use the word epic since it's been tainted to death by the internet but this track is explosive. To me it has always instilled a sense of urgency that encapsulates the corridor encounter.

Harry G. Williams I sure hope you've taken inspiration from Fela Kuti for the africa sections in V. Cuz if not, I know what I'll be using for the helicopter theme.

Skullface

Two in particular have been my favorite:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxTvFs7ku34

This one really gets the blood pumping. It to me perfectly imbues that "chase scene" music feel. The bongo's and the snare phrasings really give momentum/inertia to this alert theme as well as this next one.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7mM-XXlNI

I'm not gonna use the word epic since it's been tainted to death by the internet but this track is explosive. To me it has always instilled a sense of urgency that encapsulates the corridor encounter.

Harry G. Williams I sure hope you've taken inspiration from Fela Kuti for the africa sections in V. Cuz if not, I know what I'll be using for the helicopter theme.

Fela Kuti? I'm genuinely impressed. I learned about him watching a documentary on Ginger Baker. I've never heard the name outside of that documentary( not counting my own research ). I'm just curious, how do you know of him? I know he's tremendously influential, but he's definitely an obscure name.

Fela Kuti? I'm genuinely impressed. I learned about him watching a documentary on Ginger Baker. I've never heard the name outside of that documentary( not counting my own research ). I'm just curious, how do you know of him? I know he's tremendously influential, but he's definitely an obscure name.

I usually encounter new music through human interaction but this instance was one of those cool exceptions. I first discovered Fela Kuti through a radio station in gta IV called IF99 along with some other afrofunk artists like Manu Dibango (he's the guy that Michael Jackson got mama say mama sa mama ko sa from. it's from a song called Soul Makossa).

So I live in Louisiana and we have a city in the deep south called Lafayette where they hold an annual music festival around July called Festival International. I got to see (one of) Fela Kuti's sons, Seun, who headlined the festival and it was incredible. His band was on par and his dancer's shook their asses on a tribal level of twerkitude.

I told myself that If I ever decide to stream a phantom pain playthrough in africa, I'd edit in the song "zombie" from Fela's album expensive shit....i think.

poodpick

Anyone know how to get 100% on ground zeroes?

I've done all the trials
S rank on every mission normal and hard
18/18 cassette tapes
9/9 xof patches
both quizzes

Game still says im on 99%

Skullface

I usually encounter new music through human interaction but this instance was one of those cool exceptions. I first discovered Fela Kuti through a radio station in gta IV called IF99 along with some other afrofunk artists like Manu Dibango (he's the guy that Michael Jackson got mama say mama sa mama ko sa from. it's from a song called Soul Makossa).

So I live in Louisiana and we have a city in the deep south called Lafayette where they hold an annual music festival around July called Festival International. I got to see (one of) Fela Kuti's sons, Seun, who headlined the festival and it was incredible. His band was on par and his dancer's shook their asses on a tribal level of twerkitude.

I told myself that If I ever decide to stream a phantom pain playthrough in africa, I'd edit in the song "zombie" from Fela's album expensive shit....i think.

Nice. I'm familiar with Lafayette. I used to work for an FTD affiliate which involved me arranging floral deliveries across the world. I learned to hate Lafayette after an experience where a floral shop delivered dead flowers to a black persons funeral because they hated blacks. I was left to deal with the customer service end... I'm sure that's not representative of the whole city, but it stuck out in my mind.

Unrelated, but Gus Fring just spoke at my school. It was amazing.

Edit: You should check out that documentary I saw btw. It's called "Beware of Mr.Baker". I hope Ginger needs know introduction.. The most interesting part of his story was how he went to Africa after Blind Faith broke up, and how he hooked up with Fela. He got mixed up with some bad dudes that tried to hijack Fela's studio and he left town with bullets whizzing past his head. Interesting story of Britbong in Africa.

does peace walker HD gets on sale frequently on the PSN ?
it's the only one I haven't played and I heard it's pretty important to understand GZ and TPP, if possible wanna play it before GZ is out on PC

I wanted to play it on my PSP but when I actually started playing, the horror
locked at 20fps

s8Q0rXL.gif

Speaking of 100%ing Ground Zeroes, I just did it myself. I was pretty late to playing this but overall, I really enjoyed. Story was a bit eeeh but the gameplay was top notch. I'm pretty excited for The Phantom Pain if I wasn't already. Also, the reflex thing sucks. Glad I can turn it off.

Now I have every Metal Gear trophy except for Rising DLC. Why is that DLC still not free in Europe anyway? Isn't it free everywhere else?

JayEH

How far are you into it?

I'm have a on again, off again relationship with it lol but I think I'm at the ocelot unit right now? Either that or the ocelot fight, can't remember.

Anyone know how to get 100% on ground zeroes?

I've done all the trials
S rank on every mission normal and hard
18/18 cassette tapes
9/9 xof patches
both quizzes

Game still says im on 99%

I assume you have all the trophies? That seems like a missing trial but I have no clue. Did you replay all missions on hard?
does peace walker HD gets on sale frequently on the PSN ?
it's the only one I haven't played and I heard it's pretty important to understand GZ and TPP, if possible wanna play it before GZ is out on PC

I wanted to play it on my PSP but when I actually started playing, the horror
locked at 20fps

It was on sale a couple of weeks ago and it seems to be on sale every few months

poodpick

oops I forgot to s-rank the jamais vu mission :D

Can't wait to 100% the pc version. I hope it looks like the early e3 demonstrations or we can at least decrease the pop-in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom