• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did it!

TGPiJceh.jpg

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
My main problem with my European Extreme MGS3 run is the bosses, I guess my combat skills aren't good enough.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I think Rose and Jack is the only traditional "off into the sunset" movie romance in the series. The others are a bit more realistic in the series in the sense that characters hook up, break things off, and move on afterwards. Snake might have been infatuated with Holly for a time, then went on to Meryl, then probably had flings with other people before and after that, never getting too close.

Nvzman

So because of all the MGS2 Platinum talk that went on earlier in this thread, I tried the VR missions for the first time.
All I have to say is:
FUCK THE FIRST PERSON MISSIONS.

Sub_Level

So because of all the MGS2 Platinum talk that went on earlier in this thread, I tried the VR missions for the first time.
All I have to say is:
FUCK THE FIRST PERSON MISSIONS.

I actually liked those. But if you dont like them I have some good news for you: Only regular Raiden and regular Snake have those types of missions. None of the other characters do. So only 10 fps missions total.

The bad news is that those are easy compared to the horrors that wait ahead.

Nvzman

I actually liked those. But if you dont like them I have some good news for you: Only regular Raiden and regular Snake have those types of missions. None of the other characters do. So only 10 fps missions total.

The bad news is that those are easy compared to the horrors that wait ahead.

I was fine with mostly everything else so far (I'm about 75% thru Snake's missions, and I tried 2 sneaking missions of Plisken Snake and Raiden), it's just the dated controls for the FPS missions + the lack of radar (for Snake at least, I didn't try Raiden's yet) makes it really infuriating for me.

Also the number of characters/costumes make me wish they kept that planned 2-player versus mode.

JayEH

Ok so I'm replaying MGS4 and I got to the part where you meet Eva. I forgot about how she has really dumb lines about how FPS games are training children to become soldiers and stuff. Ehh...First off that's a dumb point, second this isn't the right game to push that message Kojima.

Sub_Level

I was fine with mostly everything else so far (I'm about 75% thru Snake's missions, and I tried 2 sneaking missions of Plisken Snake and Raiden), it's just the dated controls for the FPS missions + the lack of radar (for Snake at least, I didn't try Raiden's yet) makes it really infuriating for me.

Also the number of characters/costumes make me wish they kept that planned 2-player versus mode.

Have you done Variety Mode yet? Photography?

Sub_Level

If you can help it, don't use youtube for help on how to beat certain levels unless you absolutely, absolutely cannot beat it. Part of the fun is figuring out the solution on your own. This type of stealth is almost like a puzzle.

Even some of the regular Snake variety missions may give you a hard time.

Nvzman

If you can help it, don't use youtube for help on how to beat certain levels unless you absolutely, absolutely cannot beat it. Part of the fun is figuring out the solution on your own. This type of stealth is almost like a puzzle.

Even some of the regular Snake variety missions may give you a hard time.
Oh yeah, I'm aware. I find the elimination missions to be the most fun to do.
Are Snake's missions harder than Raiden's?

Sub_Level

The difficulty for each character can be roughly equated to the actual difficulty selection in the main game.

Raiden - Easy
Snake, Ninja Raiden, X Raiden - Normal
Pliskin, Tuxedo Snake - Hard
MGS1 Snake - Extreme

Sub_Level

Nope, but threedog has been doing extensive story + extra streams daily now.

I imagine there should be one more marathon this year. For Christmas they are doing MGS3 with Snake Santa outfit.

Nvzman

The difficulty for each character can be roughly equated to the actual difficulty selection in the main game.

Raiden - Easy
Snake, Ninja Raiden, X Raiden - Normal
Pliskin, Tuxedo Snake - Hard
MGS1 Snake - Extreme
OK then. Now I know it won't be a pain doing Raiden's missions.

Sub_Level

OK then. Now I know it won't be a pain doing Raiden's missions.

You'll also get a break from Variety Missions. Only Snake and Raiden have 7. The rest only have 2 or 3.

The bad news is you have to do the Weapon missions five different times (Raiden + 4 Snakes). Those can be a slog to get through and keep getting more and more demanding. I really love the Alternative modes. Elimination, like you said, and also Bomb Disposal mode.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I once tried getting the MGS2 Plat, but got bored halfway though the missions. I should try again.

Nvzman

You'll also get a break from Variety Missions. Only Snake and Raiden have 7. The rest only have 2 or 3.

The bad news is you have to do the Weapon missions five different times (Raiden + 4 Snakes). Those can be a slog to get through and keep getting more and more demanding. I really love the Alternative modes. Elimination, like you said, and also Bomb Disposal mode.
Yeah, I dunno why but I really enjoy playing as Snake but I get bored playing as Raiden.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
So I spent 2 hours playing VR Missions and barely made a dent, got though most of Ninja Raiden's and Snake's, yet there's still MGS1, Tuxedo, Plisken, plus whatever Raiden I'm missing.
It never ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom