• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Sgblues

You know there really should have been a mode where you can go through the game bare handed and zandatsu mode made it that you throw fist of the north star type punches and have enemies exploded into bloody bits, plus having throw counters
like in the last Sam fight
would have been nice as well.

Yeah I know its not the focus of the game and nor is being bare handed as good or as damaging as having your sword but it would still be cool.

Nemesis_

What a frustrating disaster this fight is
Thanks Platinum for destroying a great level with this crap.

It's not even that bad, you must be playing not so good. >_> I can get both the bosses in that level down pretty quickly. Maybe upgrade your stuff?

Anyone got any hints or tips on how to get 1st Rank on any of the following missions?

VR Mission 18
VR Mission 19

???

REALLY needing this help if anyone can give it. >_> Like how to insta kill those hammer heavy cyborgs perhaps

Fight against Mistral and Monsoon again....

Edit: holy shit you have to fight them all again if you die? WHAT THE FUCK??

That is not the end of the level. It is a pretty long level, actually. I think that part probably should have been near the end of the game though,
I mean you just fought Monsoon like 30 minutes ago lol, why so soon? I understand doing a boss gauntlet with those two but it makes little sense to do it in chapter 4.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I just got my pre-order edition early and the Grey Fox DLC won't redeem.

Keeps saying - "There is a problem with the offer associated with this code."

Anyone else had the problem? Wondering if it's due to being a UK code and the game isn't officially released until tomorrow.

jett

D-Member
It's not even that bad, you must be playing not so good. >_> I can get both the bosses in that level down pretty quickly. Maybe upgrade your stuff?

REALLY needing this help if anyone can give it. >_> Like how to insta kill those hammer heavy cyborgs perhaps

Use the pincer blades, charged especially.

Mr. RHC

Finally got it! It's hard to say, but it's time to Leave You All Behiiiinnnnd.... and then come back to discuss the game. :p

Also love the old school download code for Gray Fox costume!

monome

Anyone else had the problem? Wondering if it's due to being a UK code and the game isn't officially released until tomorrow.

same here, Euroland

I redeemed my Gray Fox code no problem, but the Inferno Armour code from the Steelbook doesn't appear to work yet.

mine worked

McNum

Looking forward to getting this game tomorrow. Tried to keep myself mostly unspoiled so far, only know some of the whos and whats to fight, but not how to do it. Which is close enough. Well, except for the parts in the demo, I know those very well.

Is there anything I should know going from demo to full game? I understand that demo Raiden is actually pretty powerful when it comes to upgrades, right? He has the dodge, the launcher, the air blast, the spinning move, air parry and so on. They're all upgrades in the full game, right?

Wonder if I should give the demo one more run or just wait until tomorrow.

Nemesis_

Use the pincer blades, charged especially.

I try to, but on this particular level there are two hammer dudes and one dog. It's crazy, if you charge the blades then by the time you're done SOMETHING else in the level has taken you down.

TP

Finally finished the game, pretty good 9/10 it's ok

But I have a question

In the full game I can't cancel the blade mode pauses that sometimes occur as fast as I could in the demo.

An example would be stealth kills. It the demo I can trigger the stealth kill and cancel the rest of the slow motion by tapping blade mode. I can do it in the full game too but it's a bit slower and the target for zandatsu shows up, unlike in the demo.

So is there an upgrade I need for that cancel to happen faster or was it changed in the final game?

Slair

Just received my UK limited edition in the mail, yet to play it, but is anyone having a problem with the DLC code for the White Armour on PSN? I wont work.

duckroll

Cleared Chapter 1. Fantastic game. It's everything I wanted out of a Raiden action game. As I play, I feel something RISING in my pants. Apt title.

strobogo

Banned
I wish this game was 700 hours. I'd play them all happily. This is the most fun I've had playing a game since the N64 Christmas.

Nemesis_

Nope...I'm beginning to think it's a timed PS3 exclusive.

It's definitely here for me.

L4kcqzf.jpg

deim0s

You know there really should have been a mode where you can go through the game bare handed and zandatsu mode made it that you throw fist of the north star type punches and have enemies exploded into bloody bits, plus having throw counters
like in the last Sam fight
would have been nice as well.

Yeah I know its not the focus of the game and nor is being bare handed as good or as damaging as having your sword but it would still be cool.

Was thinking if it'll be cool or balanced enough for a random chance to be disarmed and use your bare hands in a while till you pick it up again. Raiden also has a tac knife in his sheathe... Could've used it as well. Maybe next game.

It's definitely here for me.

L4kcqzf.jpg

Still didn't work for me last night =/ Inferno armor worked just fine though.

Beat the game last night on normal and it was fairly easy. Loved it. Excited to start it back up on hard.

Sam and LQ-84i DLC?!? Hell yeahhhh. Hopefully it won't be like the VR missions where 360 owners get screwed..

Zafir

Same issue with my code. Also from the UK. Must not have been activated yet.

Revven

Do the costumes/skins work in the cutscenes as well or no? Haven't unlocked any to try it hence my asking.

Gonna dive into it some more later today though!

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
SHIPPED. Yes. Was touch and go there for a while. Tomorrow, motherfuckers. CUT WHAT I WILL.

Bedlam

Same problems with the Grey Fox Code here. I'm in Germany. Hurry up, Konami! Your game is out.

Btw, surprised by the numerous references to Germany in the game. Mostly weird stuff in the codec conversations. I have never heard of factory sightseeing tours before. So no, they aren't as popular here as the game might make you believe. ;)

deim0s

Looking forward to getting this game tomorrow. Tried to keep myself mostly unspoiled so far, only know some of the whos and whats to fight, but not how to do it. Which is close enough. Well, except for the parts in the demo, I know those very well.

Is there anything I should know going from demo to full game? I understand that demo Raiden is actually pretty powerful when it comes to upgrades, right? He has the dodge, the launcher, the air blast, the spinning move, air parry and so on. They're all upgrades in the full game, right?

Wonder if I should give the demo one more run or just wait until tomorrow.

Three things, parry/block, dodge attack, and free blade mode. ;)

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Wearing Suit+Murasama Blade like a fucking boss.

Are there any disadvantages whatsoever to the Murasama Blade? It just feels like a faster HF blade in general.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
The more I play of this game on the second play through, the more I realize how fucking brilliant it is. I am in disbelief of how fun Rising is.

And maybe I'm wrong here, but I think this game is really, really pretty. It's mostly the art that does it, but seeing all this shit happening at 60fps makes my gear rise.

Revven

On man, the Mistral boss fight... That music...

This fucking game, man.

I'm actually so glad I started on Hard.

Same here, Mistral was an AWESOME and satisfying boss. Fighting Mistral reminded me so much of how No More Heroes' boss fights are structured. Conversation between protag and boss + kickass music with awesome boss patterns you need to figure out. So good.

And on Hard there is actual challengeeeeee.

I try to, but on this particular level there are two hammer dudes and one dog. It's crazy, if you charge the blades then by the time you're done SOMETHING else in the level has taken you down.

The dog gets owned for free by the slide + follow-up bound, and the launcher tends to stun/launch his ass as well leading into more damage

You can run past the first dog and he won't even come down until you've dealt with the Hammer Bros and Swordmasters as I call them. You can deal with the swordmasters first, as the Hammer BRos are slow. You can run across the area behind the dog platform and they can't touch you, while you're battling the Sword guys. You can deal with them however you want, but the Perfect Parry tends to break them pretty thoroughly for the Zandetsu QTE. After that, Hammer guys are slow, so you can just charge up the Pincers and wait for them to get in range, fuck them up for free.

Then it's all about tackling the dogs. Blade mode cancel if you have to, not too terribly difficult.

edit: Actually, here's a pretty good video strat for that level, although he doesn't use the Pincers like I did

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Wearing Suit+Murasama Blade like a fucking boss.

Are there any disadvantages whatsoever to the Murasama Blade? It just feels like a faster HF blade in general.

I think it is actually just better, I did some really inconclusive testing on regular cyborgs (the first fight in R01) with a muramasa +5 str vs a maxed out HF blade. Just spamming square on hard difficulty, the muramasa seems to kill them in 16 hits vs 21 with the HF blade. But by no means is this definitive, I probably didn't account for all variables.

Also, after really looking hard at that command list, the people who say MGR combat is really shallow or isn't as deep might find themselves relatively surprised. The only thing I wish is that you could AT LEAST switch your unique weapon on and off. The stunning sai seem to be the most helpful on very hard but goddamn it do the suck massive cock for actually killing anything.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Now that I've figured out parrying, I am UNSTOPPABLE!!! Ripper Mode + Parrying = I will fuck your shit up.

Man, I forgot Ripper Mode existed 4 minutes after receiving it.

sheeeeeeeit

I think it's an achievement/trophy. I giggled gleefully when I got my first triple Zandatsu.

I think it is actually just better, I did some really inconclusive testing on regular cyborgs (the first fight in R01) with a muramasa +5 str vs a maxed out HF blade. Just spamming square on hard difficulty, the muramasa seems to kill them in 16 hits vs 21 with the HF blade. But by no means is this definitive, I probably didn't account for all variables.

It certainly seems that way. I was just expecting more of cons for using different weapons, but this might be more of an exception rather than a rule. After all, there was nothing particularly "special" about Raiden's HF Blade. Is there any way to actually use the gun-sheath mechanic at all?

As far as I can tell, the Muramasa is faster and stronger, but it drains faster, too. That's why I quickly switch to the HF blade for that rock throwing part on the final boss, lol. I still suck ass Free Blade mode
KuGsj.gif

Top Bottom