• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Codec Raiden is pretty awesome. And Wolf and Doktor had the best lines.

i'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of codec conversations this game has, i found out a LOT of story elements and classic lines that i wouldn't have heard otherwise, and yes the good Doktor and blade wolf do have the best banter with Raiden! Honorable mention to Raiden pontificating about the joy of fatherhood and the dangers of being too picky after 30!

I'm going to break my controller

Sundowners shield is a concept I am apparently too stupid to understand

He throws up the shield, I blade mode and find the row that light up, slash, I get blown up

About every 4/5 times

I do not understand what I'm screwing up

jett

D-Member
So I'm at a breaking point where you are supposed to stealth past 3 gorillas using the cardboard box. Any tips? Or just straight up what to do? Poor man's stealth is not what I had in mind for this game.

The box in this game is a useless piece of shit. Stahp. Stealthing that section is relatively easy(the sewer, right?). To stealth kill a mastiff(gorilla) you must not approach them ninja running, must be the regular run. Kill the first one on the catwalk in front of you, then the one behind from up above, and then the one in the far back.

Yeah, the analog-stick-to-break-out-of-stun mechanic is pretty bullshit and not fun sometimes.

especially on higher difficulties where if you're stun, the the Mechagorillas will ALWAYS follow that up with a uppercut and a big air smash, DBZ style. Kiss that 120% health good bye

Just a dumb, dumb mechanic

especially on higher difficulties where if you're stun, the the Mechagorillas will ALWAYS follow that up with a uppercut and a big air smash, DBZ style. Kiss that 120% health good bye

I always have to just take my right hand and mash the left analog around to get out of any of those things. I just can't do it quick enough otherwise.

Riposte

Yep.

Has anyone tried spinning both sticks? That worked very well for RE6 though they never told you that.

Or how about the off-screen chopper stun-locking your ass with missiles while Sundowner violates your butthole in the meantime ;(

needs more Blade of the Immortal / 無限の住人

I approve of this message, Manji was the cut you up king in that manga.. And Kenshin (at least his master..single greatest moment in that series to me was him cutting some poor sap to mince meat with minimum effort.

The rest of the World is meaningless, apparently.

for some, its not hard to assume they're speaking with a fellow American on these gaming sites, its the nature of the beast.

ultron87

Yeah, the analog-stick-to-break-out-of-stun mechanic is pretty bullshit and not fun sometimes.

I love most of this game but this shit is kind of ruining it for me (I'm into chp 3 now). I get that it wants to punish you for taking some hits and thus some of the prompts take a long time to resolve, but it isn't fun and it isn't skill testing once you've gotten hit. If they want an enemy to be able to chain you they should just lock you long enough for it to happen without any prompt. And the motion isn't natural to do at all. Tapping X or something to break it would be so much better.

If it wasn't so omnipresent it'd be fine too.

Zomba13

My LE came today (a Day early! and from Zavvi of all places :O) and my Cyborg Ninja code worked but my White Armour code won't. Anyone from EU had their LE code work yet?

jett

D-Member
I have no idea what the charge move is used for. The charge moves on the pincer blades are way more powerful and come out quicker.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
My copy has been dispatched. Wee. No idea what DLC code it comes with.

Grabbed the MGS4 armour from PSN too, courtesy of Sony's $10 gift.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
You guys can check out every outfit for the game. Here is some pictures of the DLC ones from pre-orders and special editions. I'll do some videos tonight.

Also I've played with Grey Fox and Fox Blade you can totally fuck up everything in seconds with it. :D
i93l90szMQXpO.jpg
ibueaYq2s6oerR.jpg

iF97abxjzG86e.jpg
iVas8jzguF48k.jpg

ibhLwqRxKYzG4B.jpg

Other pictures located here: http://gizmowned.minus.com/mti6UiGjrHOly

I wont show them in the post due to spoilers.

Why am I so bothered by the story?

End game spoilers ahoy:

He can completely flip over Metal Gear Excelsus, but then a nanomachine hardened Senator gives him trouble?

I honestly could have accepted the Senator, terrible as he is, had Raiden not fucking threw a Metal Gear that probably weighed 500 tons. He goes from terribly overpowered to weak and underpowered in five minutes.

I love the game, in general, and I guess I need to just not worry about that in a game like this (especially when made by the great, but wacky, Platinum).

More end game spoilers:

Honestly, I think the Senator being all crazy and overpowered should have been eliminated, and the Metal Gear and Sam fights should have been reversed.

It would have been a whole game build up to the final boss (Sam), while still retaining the awesome Metal Gear fight (which could have still had the Senator piloting it).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The weird thing with the stick wiggle stun is sometimes I can get out of it imeediatly and other times it take awhile. I have no idea what I'm doing differently, but it is a pretty dumb mechanic.

Aside from that and the very rigid sub menu selection(you literally have to be at a COMPLETE standstill), I'm loving this.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Why am I so bothered by the story?

End game spoilers ahoy:

He can completely flip over Metal Gear Excelsus, but then a nanomachine hardened Senator gives him trouble?

I honestly could have accepted the Senator, terrible as he is, had Raiden not fucking threw a Metal Gear that probably weighed 500 tons. He goes from terribly overpowered to weak and underpowered in five minutes.

I love the game, in general, and I guess I need to just not worry about that in a game like this (especially when made by the great, but wacky, Platinum).

More end game spoilers:

Honestly, I think the Senator being all crazy and overpowered should have been eliminated, and the Metal Gear and Sam fights should have been reversed.

It would have been a whole game build up to the final boss (Sam), while still retaining the awesome Metal Gear fight (which could have still had the Senator piloting it).

You underestimate nanomachines.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
One of the first skills you should buy as soon as you finish the prologue, It really should have been a basic skill like parrying because it seems a lot of people missed it.

Especially when you consider that there are certain battles
sam and Armstrong
that just seem to be designed around using the skill.

deim0s

The weird thing with the stick wiggle stun is sometimes I can get out of it imeediatly and other times it take awhile. I have no idea what I'm doing differently, but it is a pretty dumb mechanic.

Aside from that and the very rigid sub menu selection(you literally have to be at a COMPLETE standstill), I'm loving this.

Those are my gripes with the game, the wiggle mechanic might be a bug and that 2nd draw bridge scene failing randomly.

ultron87

It seems like a varies based on what caused the stun. So some stuff takes forever to get out of it but other stuff is really easy. The fact that it doesn't give you any feedback about how far you are from breaking it is pretty bad.

How hard is the prologue end fight (File R-00) on Very Hard? I really want the
dress suit
but I could barely beat the final boss on normal. Am I gonna get my ass kicked?

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How hard is the prologue end fight (File R-00) on Very Hard? I really want the
dress suit
but I could barely beat the final boss on normal. Am I gonna get my ass kicked?

It's definitely harder, but your skills have gotten better simply from playing through the game. Just remember that you can parry pretty much everything he does with a normal block.

You can unlock Very Hard by beating Normal?

Funny glitch of sorts on the
Sundowner
boss. You can juggle him with the forward-forward attack launcher(that move is seriously good, if it doesn't juggle it does a shitload of damage), and I positioned myself right in between his floating body and the ground, and I was able to juggle his ass with infinite light attacks until that damn helicopter shot me at around 16% health left

It's definitely harder, but your skills have gotten better simply from playing through the game. Just remember that you can parry pretty much everything he does with a normal block.

You unlock Very Hard by beating Normal?

Nah, but I'm just gonna Konami code it at the main menu (that will work for an existing save file right? Or will I still have to play through on Hard?)

Top Bottom