• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
As far as I can tell, the Muramasa is faster and stronger, but it drains faster, too. That's why I quickly switch to the HF blade for that rock throwing part on the final boss, lol. I still suck ass Free Blade mode

Ugh, I had to do some finger gymnastics there. No matter what, I couldn't get a precise enough cut with the Right Stick.
I'd line it up, then release, but the slice would shift slightly before the cut came out and Raiden would get a faceful of debris.
I had to shift the camera with Left Stick, aim with the Right Stick, and slice with a face button.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
How many costumes are there in total? So far I have
Normal, Civilian, Desperado, Inferno and MGS4

You're probably forgetting the Mariachi Hat / poncho other than that there is also Prologue Raiden, a few color variants and obviously Grey Fox. Those are all the ones I know.

Anyone wish that the Muramasa let you use Sams sheath? Whenever you do a quick draw with it there is some AWFUL clipping since the muramasa is curved.

I had to do some finger gymnastics there, man. No matter what, I couldn't get a precise enough cut with the Right Stick. I had to shift the camera with Left Stick, aim with the Right Stick, and slice with a face button.

A friend of mine did that as well, you're not alone. I was like, "WTF you must have clawed that thing"

1588.picanom_2D00_picture_2D00_07_2D00_2010_2D00_06_2D00_23.jpg_2D00_500x500.jpg

and i had the same problem you did, with the right stick slipping juuuust to the right or the left and boom, there goes my lifebar

You're probably forgetting the Mariachi Hat / poncho other than that there is also Prologue Raiden, a few color variants and obviously Grey Fox. Those are all the ones I know.

Anyone wish that the Muramasa let you use Sams sheath? Whenever you do a quick draw with it there is some AWFUL clipping since the muramasa is curved.

That's actually what I meant for the civilian costume lol. How is prologue raiden unlocked? Gray Fox code still isn't working for me right now..

Neiteio

Beat Mistral and Monsoon last night. Both absolutely fantastic battles. I'm already itching to replay them. Also, I really love the look of Denver in this game. Going through the city, from the streets to the skyscrapers to the subway tunnels and back again, just constant nonstop awesome. Love the office fights. Love slicing up the glass walls and cabinets and furniture. :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
dat double zandatsu feel

What do you mean by that? The double-spine pop-and-grab thing? Because I've pulled one of those off (recharge, but grab the other one anyway) and felt bad-ass.

Still haven't killed three people with one blade mode slash since the third generally hops out of the way just as I'm going into blade mode. :(

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
It's not. I did it earlier and got no achievement. :-/

Dismembering three dudes with a single strike is one though.

Ah, okay. I must have mixed them up since I got the Triple Zandatsu with a single slice. You can probably get that one with Ripper Mode easily.

NIN90

Hmmmm, my Gray Fox code doesn't work? That's odd because the the inferno armor code that came with the steelbook worked.

What do you mean by that? The double-spine pop-and-grab thing? Because I've pulled one of those off (recharge, but grab the other one anyway) and felt bad-ass.

Still haven't killed three people with one blade mode slash since the third generally hops out of the way just as I'm going into blade mode. :(

Sliiide into it /ErikB

Buntabox

Finally got the game yesterday and only got to sit down with it for about 2 hours (I work 9-13 hours this time of year). Just beat
Mistral

I seem to be of sufficient skill at the game so far. I'm generally pretty darn terrible at these kinds of action games. Last one I actually beat was Ninja Gaiden Black on OG Xbox. Its probably due to it not being as deep as others of the genre as I keep reading in here.

The story is sort of nonsense, but damn is it fun.

Also, I genuinely smiled at
Raiden's "Not again" when his arm gets cut off by Jetstream Sam.
. I love it when the MG universe recognizes its silliness. I know that's not really a spoiler, but just in case.

Edit -
Hmmmm, my Gray Fox code doesn't work? That's odd because the the inferno armor code that came with the steelbook worked.

My Grey Fox code isn't working either, but I remember having to wait a day or two for the Halo 4 codes from Gamestop as well. They wouldn't work the first two days.

Ein Bear

That's weird, I have the exact opposite problem. My Gray Fox code worked, but not my Inferno Armour. I'd assumed the armour just wasn't up yet since it's not release day :S

jett

D-Member
Getting that codec trophy is going to be the bane of my existence. I've gone through the game three times and I don't know what codec calls could I be missing...unless skipping them with triangle doens't count, in which case fuck this game's platinum trophy.

Mr. RHC

First chapter cleared. I certainly appreciate the codec in this game!

Raiden mentioning Snake they way he did felt a bit forced, but it is fan service after all

Getting that codec trophy is going to be the bane of my existence. I've gone through the game three times and I don't know what codec calls could I be missing...unless skipping them with triangle doens't count, in which case fuck this game's platinum trophy.

press select

see all those people you can talk too?

now realize there are hundreds of these damn things you have to listen to after practically every set piece

fuck that trophy

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Isn't the achievement/trophy for "most" conversations? We don't have to get all of them, do we?

On man, the Mistral boss fight... That music...

This fucking game, man.

I'm actually so glad I started on Hard.

Starting on Hard has been the most aggravating thing ever.

I've loved every single second of it thus far. Even though I suck at action games and really should not be playing on hard at all.

jett

D-Member
press select

see all those people you can talk too?

now realize there are hundreds of these damn things you have to listen to after practically every set piece

fuck that trophy

I know. That's what I've been doing. Most must been 99.99% because fuck, man.

MGR_VRMissions_DLC1_01_MGSTV.jpg

Unarmed Combat Training. A street fighter style mission which is fighting with bare hands against cyborg with side-scrolling game's fixed camera

KuGsj.gif
yessss

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The last 2-3 chapters are really underwhelming.
and a bit short

And the last boss (IMO) was the wrong kind of ridiculous.

jett

D-Member
and a bit short

That was to me a very clear sign of this game's tight development schedule. First 4 missions are lengthy and varied in design and visuals. Then you get the rest of the game.

And the last boss (IMO) was the best kind of ridiculous.

fixed

demidar

I hope the street fighter DLC allows going through the normal game with just fisticuffs. That would be aces, and I already know how to 'fix' Blade Mode not needing a sword: cut people by slicing with the edge of Raiden's hand. Bonus points if Raiden makes up his own "Shing!" sound effects.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
and a bit short

And the last boss (IMO) was the wrong kind of ridiculous.

I liked the last 2-3 chapters, they had solid pacing, I enjoyed
how the fight against sam got its own chapter, it really ramped up the intensity for the whole thing
And the final boss had some of the most hilarious dialogue I've ever seen plus SOME HIGH GEAR INTENSITY.
I bet he got all the babes at the university of texas

Not talking at you exactly but, I've never been one to rag on length as a determinant factor if a game is good or not and honestly MGRs length feels right. People are just getting really bum ravaged over the the fact that the final score screen shows low numbers despite a normal playthrough watching all cutscenes and searching for unlockables taking closer to 9hours to finish. If MGR had been longer it might have just grown more tiring as comping up with unique encounters that feel distinct from each other cannot possibly be an easy task for devs. I would much rather base a game on replayability.

Ugh, I am so bad at left arm getting... They always start turning with their left arm going behind them so I have no good way to cut. How do you guys approach left arm enemies?

My gamestop code still didn't work last night! :(

Also I ordered a physical copy of the OST and got the digital version! Yep! One of the most fun games I've played in longggggg time.

Nemesis_

VR Mission 18 to go.

Really finding it hard - I figure taking out the Wolf in the middle makes it easy but before I can do anything, it shoots me down. If I run in, the two hammer dudes destroy me.

:(

My hands are killing me, might head to bed and hopefully I can get some answers from someone tomorrow :p

So I'm at a breaking point where you are supposed to stealth past 3 gorillas using the cardboard box. Any tips? Or just straight up what to do? Poor man's stealth is not what I had in mind for this game.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So I'm at a breaking point where you are supposed to stealth past 3 gorillas using the cardboard box. Any tips? Or just straight up what to do? Poor man's stealth is not what I had in mind for this game.

YOU WANT TIP? I GIVE YOU TIP! I killed them. I killed them dead. Unless you're talking about a VR mission then I have no clue.

Yo dawg, I heard you like stun-locking. So I put some stun-lock in your stun-lock, so you can be stun-locked while being stun-locked.

WTF PG?!!
Great game otherwise..

Korigama

Just fighting all three directly should be feasible, if you can take them. I only snuck around in the box to ninja kill two of them before taking on the last one.

It pays to do a little bit of stealth on Very Hard/Rev. Even if you can ninja kill just one mecha-gorilla or one Swordmaster, the battle will be that much more manageable when two Bladewolves spawn, for instance

Top Bottom