• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Funny glitch of sorts on the
Sundowner
boss. You can juggle him with the forward-forward attack launcher(that move is seriously good, if it doesn't juggle it does a shitload of damage), and I positioned myself right in between his floating body and the ground, and I was able to juggle his ass with infinite light attacks until that damn helicopter shot me at around 16% health left

Nice. That'll be useful info for the no-damage boss achievements.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's definitely harder, but your skills have gotten better simply from playing through the game. Just remember that you can parry pretty much everything he does with a normal block.

You can unlock Very Hard by beating Normal?

or just use the Konami code and unlock all difficulties right off the bat.

TP

Finally finished the game, pretty good 9/10 it's ok

But I have a question

In the full game I can't cancel the blade mode pauses that sometimes occur as fast as I could in the demo.

An example would be stealth kills. It the demo I can trigger the stealth kill and cancel the rest of the slow motion by tapping blade mode. I can do it in the full game too but it's a bit slower and the target for zandatsu shows up, unlike in the demo.

So is there an upgrade I need for that cancel to happen faster or was it changed in the final game?

deim0s

How hard is the prologue end fight (File R-00) on Very Hard? I really want the
dress suit
but I could barely beat the final boss on normal. Am I gonna get my ass kicked?

On the second section (just before the first Ray fight), the enemy mixup is a rocket grunt and two blade wolves over the fence/barricade.

Try pulling the grunt and his replacement far from the fence. If you're having difficulty with normal, you don't want to tackle all three.

Viewtify

Banned
On the second section (just before the first Ray fight), the enemy mixup is a rocket grunt and two blade wolves over the fence/barricade.

Try pulling the grunt and his replacement far from the fence. If you're having difficulty with normal, you don't want to tackle all three.

Or you can run past them through the fence.

Thanks for the advice, everyone.

I sure wish I could use my Fox Blade during the prologue, but then again, that's practically cheating.

Esura

Banned
Might be too late. At 60%, use offensive defense move when he's charging at you. You'll leave him open for some slashes when the actual slash from the move hits.

I didn't think of that one. I kind of just jumped up in the air and attack him after I parried his charges and after awhile he went and got his sword back. Fun fight. This very last final boss fight on the other hand...not so much. This is one stupid big difficulty spike and one mistake can cost me all my health. Wouldn't be so much of a problem if he didn't have so much health...

Kind of wish I had the fox blade right now. He freaking heals himself too! Lame.

Skidd

Got an email saying that the Steelbook editions will arrive a day late. Not bad news if it wasn't freaking Friday... My revengeance will be postponed to Monday. :(

Sigh, shelling out 60 bucks for a 4 1/2 hour game :-/

Yeah, tell me about it. Not sure what relevance this has to this game, since it took me 10 hours to beat the game and I don't have nearly even half the unlockables. Welcome to NeoGAF, don't forget to read the thread :)

Esura

Banned
How do I stop this final boss from doing that green healing move? I think I've died enough to the point where I can anticipate many of his moves but that green healing Kotomine Kirei-esque fist blasts throwing me off. Also those falling building but I just Ninja Run those.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
OP needs Inaba's tweets about game length in BIGTIME. Then people can start getting donged for not reading the OP/knowing their shit.

How do I stop this final boss from doing that green healing move? I think I've died enough to the point where I can anticipate many of his moves but that green healing Kotomine Kirei-esque fist blasts throwing me off. Also those falling building but I just Ninja Run those.

Run behind him and use blade mode.

jcRdrJHvg64ri.JPG

jZyDyB0FmTDB.JPG

jSn3qzv85b4Ep.JPG

jbvyEtqeJkdHWm.JPG
Crappy camera phone pics but =D Edit: Europe Collector's Edition

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
This game is really incredible, I just played to R-05 in one session.

I just wished the stealth sections would be a bit more polished, they feel kinda off. Good thing they are optional though.

GGs platinum

I dont know how you do it, but you've managed to make me buy yet another of your games soundtracks...

Yeah they are really good. I don't know what it is. I am a huge metal fan (progressive and power metal, bands like Dream Theater, Nightwish, Symphony X), and I love Fly me to the Moon from Bayonetta.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Does anyone bust out laughing when they think about
the pre monsoon fight cutscene where they were talking about "memes" but as a cultural phenomenon and not internet in jokes. Not to mention during the final cut scene when Raiden exclaims "THE MEMES!?" I seriously think im gonna make a video clip of that bit when I get home from work

Did anyone notice the cat just before
the monsoon
fight? There's a short scene where you can move the camera. If you look to the right, you'll see a
soldier who is trying to stroke the white cat from the demo level lol

Kaizer

Banned
Still trying to get a handle on the parrying, the mechs, flying cyborgs, gorillas and giant hammer swinging guys have been whopping my ass. Sometimes I'll be fighting one guy and another will come up behind me, I try to parry them and fail every time. And the missles from those flying bastards are annoying in large groups.

I know it's been answered and I apologize, but how do you evade? PS3 version.

You have to buy the Dodge once it becomes unlocked (in the Skills section of the Customization menu).

After that, Square+X (plus a direction if you don't just want to go backwards).

Other than that, parrying is what you will mainly be doing.

V_Arnold

Tonight, I became a man. (Yep, it means I faced the frustration that comes with the endboss).

The fight is easy, by the way. Just have to be near-perfect.The only stuff that kept me dying over and over and over again was the BLADE MODE parts. Seriously? :D Oh, and the fact that after every restart, I had exactly 0 rations and one single health line.Bah.

This is a fun game. Not Bayonetta-levels of fun, but crazy fun anyway.

Sgblues

Oh btw in case anyone was wondering, George(the little kid)'s accent is one of the worse Guyanese accents I've ever heard, while it does have some elements to it, it veers off completely at times into gibberish that sounds like a mix of other accents.

But I guess that adds to the hilarity of the game.

Korigama

Hm, about the boss for R-04: did anyone else
not trigger the vocals when fighting Sundowner? I remember that he also swung pillars around at some point, with additional goons on the helipad joining the battle when watching the boss trailer. None of that happened for me...I don't think it was because of playing on normal, so maybe it was due to not cutting off his shield panels after opening him up? I just kept step slashing, using the dodge to avoid the blasts instead of spending much time being precise

Esura

Banned
Yep.
Once you move behind him and go into blade mode, that little square will pop up and show you where to attack. Enjoy!

Thanks man! Cause of that tip I now I finished the game.

Final boss aside, I like this game, a lot. And this is the first game ever I finished on Hard first too. I really digged the story and the enemies too. Kojima and Platinum really needs to follow this up. I really like seeing this post MGS4-world of MGS.

Riposte

I did not realise the game had THIS ability. So bloody good! Getting my copy tomorrow.

Yep, just about jumped out of my sheet when I discovered that for myself.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just recall I got the dress suit and then lost it because I started a new difficulty. Anyway for me to do the prologue on Very Hard without losing my progress on my Hard playthrough?

dan2026

Does anyone know if the cyborg ninja codes are working on 360 yet?

I heard they were having trouble and don't feel like entering in that giant code again just to check.

NIN90

The boss music tracks are amazing. I felt like the baddest badass when those vocals kicked in when I fought the Ray.

Yep, just about jumped out of my sheet when I discovered that for myself.

EDIT: Oh yeah, I just recall I got the dress suit and then lost it because I started a new difficulty. Anyway for me to do the prologue on Very Hard without losing my progress on my Hard playthrough?

I think you can go to Chapter select, go to the prologue and set it to Very Hard. Although you will lose whatever checkpoint you're on

Top Bottom