• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Hystzen

The Codec calls also explain a lot of stuff people have wondered like why Raiden didnt get a eye made or why they use Red blood not the white from before.

Z3M0G

Credits rolling. Quite an easy game on normal indeed. Dying once at the final boss is the only time I remember. And while I was arguing for the length of the game, it was still shorter than I expected... the only thing I didn't do was listen to random codecs.

Edit: oh, I forgot about VR missions. I didn't do any of those either.

4:39 final clock time.

Ein Bear

Hmm... I didn't use the codec at all... now I'm kinda curious.

Feel like I might need to go through the game for a third game, on very hard this time...

The codec in this game is insane, there's more stuff here than in any other Metal Gear game.

It's why I'm so surprised to hear everyone saying MGR is a bit on the short side. I'm still only on chapter 3, since there's a good 15 minutes of new codec calls after every checkpoint.

Neiteio

I'm back!

ik57AUa.jpg

YOLO!
Whoa, what is that food?? Looks amazing!

Seik

Banned
Whoa, what is that food?? Looks amazing!

The poutine is a meal that started here in Quebec.

It's quite simple, fries, chunks of cheese and gravy. (Looks less like shit without all that spaghetti sauce heh?)

8ysInrz.jpg

Since it started there's now a LOT of variations, like my italian one up there, you can have sausages in it, meat, etc.

Neiteio

Poutine is a meal that started here in Quebec.

It's quite simple, fries, chunks of cheese and gravy. (Looks less like shit without all that spaghetti sauce heh?)

8ysInrz.jpg

Since it started there's now a LOT of variations though, like my italian one up there.
Oh, poutine! I'm in the U.S., not far from the Canadian border, and a friend hooked me up with the necessary ingredients (curds, etc). GOOD STUFF.

Btw, guys, Taco Bell has a Cool Ranch Doritos Locos Taco coming out.

Erm, wait, this is the Metal Gear Rising thread. BACK ON TOPIC.

Call Doktor more his stuff is amazing and some stuff Raiden says is great it like MGS3 with Snake and Para Medic when she rambles on

I'm probably gonna play the whole Metal Gear series again soon because it's been a long time. I feel like I probably wouldn't get a lot of the references anyway. I'll do a slower run focused on listening to all the codec calls after that, probably

Neiteio

Kind of ironic people were joking about that food "feeding his toilet" a.k.a. he'll be taking a shit, when the food's name is pronounced "poo - teen," lol.

As Bladewolf would say, "This amuses me on two levels."

jett

D-Member
Ah the last boss was good fun on very hard, although impossible to beat without the use of medkits. :p With auto-medkits it's as easy as anything else. Those things are really just too much.

Dr Dogg

I'd love it if somewhere down the line they put out some VR/challenged focused boss rush style DLC. From just plain simple beat in fastest time to some crazy specific requirements to pass.

Zemm

Having to go back to previous chapters to farm health items is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in an action game. I loved the demo of this game but my God, this game is shit. I have never been more disappointed in a game as I have this one, the highs are like 8/10 at best, and the lows are the lowest of the low. As soon as this is completed it's going straight back for store credit.

jett

D-Member
Having to go back to previous chapters to farm health items is the dumbest thing I've ever seen in an action game. I loved the demo of this game but my God, this game is shit. I have never been more disappointed in a game as I have this one, the highs are like 8/10 at best, and the lows are the lowest of the low. As soon as this is completed it's going straight back for store credit.

I never, ever, did this. On normal, hard or very hard.

Neiteio

Let me wipe the tears from your cheek.

*activates Blade Mode*

TEARDATSU.

joe2187

Banned

You are literally doing....everything wrong

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

You can farm because you're bad at the game, yes.

Just finished up.

Pretty fun. It really stepped up the crazy, making the other MG games look calm and restrained by comparison, which is a real feat.

Quick question: After finishing the game and starting a new playthrough on the file, do you get all of the skills you unlocked from the last time? I started the first mission and was back to bear bones, but figured it might happen in the next level when you unlock customization.

Whompa

I don't understand how people can be this bad at videogames.

Teknoman

So...is there any reason not to use a custom weapon along side your main blade, or any situations where you are restricted only to blade use? The only thing I dont like about custom weapons is that they seem to restrict your main weapon use by taking away the different strong attacks.

Just finished up.

Pretty fun. It really stepped up the crazy, making the other MG games look calm and restrained by comparison, which is a real feat.

Quick question: After finishing the game and starting a new playthrough on the file, do you get all of the skills you unlocked from the last time? I started the first mission and was back to bear bones, but figured it might happen in the next level when you unlock customization.

As long as you don't pick New Game. Just use Chapter Select to start another mission, or Continue starts you at the prologue again. New Game will reset all your stuff I think

But yeah you don't get access to all your stuff until after the prologue

joe2187

Banned
Just finished up.

The prologue is always going to be bare bones, so dont worry about ...just dont click on new game, just continue and choose a different difficulty

Just finished up.

It's only in the first mission.
Just don't select a new game (this will delete your progress)

Edit: zandatsued

Alchemy

What the fuck game are you playing? I had a rough go of things to start, but once you learn how to parry and Zandatsu its gravy. I think I've used a health item once?

Nanomachines, son.

So...is there any reason not to use a custom weapon along side your main blade, or any situations where you are restricted only to blade use? The only thing I dont like about custom weapons is that they seem to restrict your main weapon use by taking away the different strong attacks.

Not really. Its solely your choice. I either use a main blade alone or with the pole arm. I haven't experimented much with the sais or the pincer blades.

Teknoman

If you Zandatsu an enemy, you get damn near full health restore. I dont think i've ever had to use paste manually (have it auto set like MGS rations), and even when auto used, its during a boss battle.

Not really. Its solely your choice. I either use a main blade alone or with the pole arm. I haven't experimented much with the sais or the pincer blades.

I guess I could just switch it up if a new move looks cool/sounds useful, or tailor make for specific playthroughs.

Heh I always get like this when I have too many choices that are equally good.

Top Bottom