• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

chrono01

Well shit.

It's so cool if you pull it off though.

Agreed.

Plus you get healing items, which is another added bonus.

How do you even cut it in one go though? I never figured out how to line up multiple points.

Just cut along the line. I never had an issue with it, personally, but then, I was playing the whole game trying to perfect my "slicing".

Using both sticks to line everything up helped immensely.

VR Mission 18 too stronk.

I'm stuck on the part with the two hammer cyborgs and bladewolf.

I know all I gotta do is perfect parry into zandatsu but its too hard.

Agreed.

Plus you get healing items, which is another added bonus.

Just cut along the line. I never had an issue with it, personally, but then, I was playing the whole game trying to perfect my "slicing".

Using both sticks to line everything up helped immensely.

I think it just matters as long as you get the lock on sound when your blade lines up with the target points on the rock. I found even if I moved my blade a bit, as long as I hit all the targeting points I still cut through them.

branny

I think it just matters as long as you get the lock on sound when your blade lines up with the target points on the rock. I found even if I moved my blade a bit, as long as I hit all the targeting points I still cut through them.
Yeah, I think you only need 3/4 targeting points for a successful cut, too.

Unless you're trying to go for a good time or something, cutting the blocks during the final boss is completely beneficial. Repair pastes drop from them with successful cuts.

Just beat the last boss (I was playing on Hard, by the way). It was the second-most pulse-pounding battle I've ever played in a video game. I went into the battle without any repair nanopaste, so it was a nail-biting battle until he so graciously started making them rain from the sky like pennies from heaven. Still, dat music. Dem particle effects. Dem nanomachines
son

Top-notch game. My personal GOTY so far.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The cuts for the final boss are not hard at all...it's pretty damn lenient on top of it. Showers you with healing items for doing it, too.

Wow,
you can beat Sundowner without cutting off his panels. Just damage him enough while he still has them, which is actually really easy.

That's clever. I only knew about blade canceling on the forward evade, but nothing about canceling them into something else. All sorts of crazy properties on actions in this game.

I still haven't found any good ways to use blade mode canceling (or evade canceling) to increase damage, as opposed to canceling recovery frames. I can infinite-juggle the sword dudes or bladewolves, but you don't even need anything fancy to do that. I was hoping for an equivalent to the jump-canceled tetsuzanko or something.

A big pet peeve is you need to stand still for an insane amount of time to access your inventory and change your subweapons. This might be on purpose so people don't abuse it for a ghetto sub-weapon switch, but I just want a different grenade :(

Keasar

Been playing for about 7 hours straight...this game is fucking awesome. I am getting my ass handed to me on Hard and I love it. The bosses, the music, the combat, it all fits together so goddamn well.

demidar

If its the PS3 version you need to get the DLC from the JP store. Same with any promotional codes.

No idea about the 360 version.

Yeah I was worried about that. Play-Asia still hasn't got EU copies in and ordering elsewhere will take too long. At this rate I might as well just walk into a store and grab one off the shelf. I'm using a JP console so only EU, JP and AU stuff appears on the store for me. And I really want a crack at the DLC coming up.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Wow,
you can beat Sundowner without cutting off his panels. Just damage him enough while he still has them, which is actually really easy.

That's clever. I only knew about blade canceling on the forward evade, but nothing about canceling them into something else. All sorts of crazy properties on actions in this game.

I still haven't found any good ways to use blade mode canceling (or evade canceling) to increase damage, as opposed to canceling recovery frames. I can infinite-juggle the sword dudes or bladewolves, but you don't even need anything fancy to do that. I was hoping for an equivalent to the jump-canceled tetsuzanko or something.

A big pet peeve is you need to stand still for an insane amount of time to access your inventory and change your subweapons. This might be on purpose so people don't abuse it for a ghetto sub-weapon switch, but I just want a different grenade :(

That and the general animations for throwing a grenade for example are just so stupid. I can swing a sword at light speed, but cant throw a grenade quickly. Same goes with reloading the RPG and you cant even cancel out of that animation. Pretty stupid considering how worthless it is in general.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Eh... I dunno. That fight is annoying enough, having to master blade mode cancels to accurately evade seems like more trouble than it's worth to get through that battle. Took me like an hour to get the evasions down and take the enemy down with no health paste taken, due to the stupid missile lock and it jumping around or evade an attack only to be smacked two seconds later in retaliation.

Parakeetman

Yeah I was worried about that. Play-Asia still hasn't got EU copies in and ordering elsewhere will take too long. At this rate I might as well just walk into a store and grab one off the shelf. I'm using a JP console so only EU, JP and AU stuff appears on the store for me. And I really want a crack at the DLC coming up.

Actually what appears on the store depends on the account you have set up really. Which is why for example I have multiple accounts.

MormaPope

Banned
Someone made this in a different thread:

Balmer_Forever.jpg

And another from a different person

Parakeetman

Eh... I dunno. That fight is annoying enough, having to master blade mode cancels to accurately evade seems like more trouble than it's worth to get through that battle. Took me like an hour to get the evasions down and take the enemy down with no health paste taken, due to the stupid missile lock and it jumping around or evade an attack only to be smacked two seconds later in retaliation.

I usually just cut down the missiles head on. Far easier than trying to dodge them with how bullshit the maneuverability of those damned things are.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I usually just cut down the missiles head on. Far easier than trying to dodge them with how bullshit the maneuverability of those damned things are.

I never go into blade mode since it generally just gets me hit with no damage done to them.

Speaking of which, how the fuck are you supposed to gold the VR missions that are kill 'em all ones?

Parakeetman

How do you pay for the different region accounts? I don't want to order regional PSN cards just for a single game.

Cards, no other way considering Sonys payment system doesnt allow for account "switches" which will flag a user as being an expat in a foreign country allowing for a non japanese CC for example to be used within Japan. Steam does have a system that allows this, apparently Sony doesnt when I spoke with someone on the other side here.

One of the archaic shit that needs to go away when it comes to Japan and online payments.

I definitely agree. I find the best time to change weapons is right after a Zandatsu or just before a battle. Anything in between that is just a hassle.

Parakeetman

It seems like they coded it so you need to be in what the game considers a neutral position with the character. Since any sort of input or damage taken to the character causes the menu to not be able to be accessed. Seriously irritating at times, even more so with how generally useless the secondary weapons work / damage output. Only real useful one is the EMP nade. But then as mentioned before the way throwing works in this game is just plain stupid.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Got the 1st real boss down to little health and was about to do the finisher... and my game locked up. Hard reset. Ugh.

L'Etranger combos knock them out of the air before they can hit you.

That way, you can just keep attacking without worrying about gettng hit from behind.

demidar

Cards, no other way considering Sonys payment system doesnt allow for account "switches" which will flag a user as being an expat in a foreign country allowing for a non japanese CC for example to be used within Japan. Steam does have a system that allows this, apparently Sony doesnt when I spoke with someone on the other side here.

One of the archaic shit that needs to go away when it comes to Japan and online payments.

Yeah sounds like I'm shit outta luck in this case.

Well at least I'm on break, I can stand to wait.

I just want to be sure of something so I don't fuck anything up -- after I beat the game, and select the file that I beat the game with -- am I not supposed to ever select new game? Will that pretty much erase my file or something? I'm just wondering because I know you can just do a chapter select and pick your difficulty so I'm not sure what new game does.

Viewtify

Banned
I just want to be sure of something so I don't fuck anything up -- after I beat the game, and select the file that I beat the game with -- am I not supposed to ever select new game? Will that pretty much erase my file or something? I'm just wondering because I know you can just do a chapter select and pick your difficulty so I'm not sure what new game does.

New game resets your upgrades. Use chapter select for newgame+.

Finished the game today on medium. So far I gotta say besides the length of the game I totally recommend this to anyone who love action games and is on the fence about it.

MormaPope

Banned
Moving the camera during the blade mode sequences during the final boss is NEEDED to pass them. I didn't move the camera before and I could never do the slices, once I moved the camera it was extremely easy.

jett

D-Member
That and the general animations for throwing a grenade for example are just so stupid. I can swing a sword at light speed, but cant throw a grenade quickly. Same goes with reloading the RPG and you cant even cancel out of that animation. Pretty stupid considering how worthless it is in general.

You're doing it wrong. Tap L2 and Raiden will quickfire anything you have equipped without the need to aim, the rocket will fire at whatever target you're locked into. You never need to reload this way.

Top Bottom