• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Music really reminds me of Machinae Supremacy especially when vocals kick in.

jett

D-Member
The
Metal Gear
part isn't part of the equation, but yes. It's possible on the first part since it's get it to 90 percent, but second part is weird about that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf95ANIIVfM

You don't have to actually attack him, this should help.

I really did have to look up at a video to see how to move past that without getting hit. This is just dumb. :p

Anyway, killed the final boss without getting hit, got muh trophy. I must've restarted my game 200 times on the second form. The actual boss took me about 3 tries. :lol

Neiteio

Showed the final boss to someone today. It's even more fun the second time around. Seriously one of, if not THE best final boss battle this gen. The moments where you're fighting
silhouetted against the wall of fire
is some Revenge of the Sith-level epicness.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, final boss done. All in all not that bad once you adjust but still wish the learning curve was a bit better. Didn't know about the dodge until the final mission and I wouldn't have known if I didn't read this thread.

jett

D-Member
Alright, final boss done. All in all not that bad once you adjust but still wish the learning curve was a bit better. Didn't know about the dodge until the final mission and I wouldn't have known if I didn't read this thread.

On anything under very hard it's easy as hell once you get it down. The light attacks of the Murasama do buttloads of damage on him.

Robot Pants

thread is moving too fast.
I found the missing encounter in chapter 3!

See below
Right before the fight with monsoon where raiden is walking slow and can only attack with his blade, kill every enemy you see. I even took damage (went to 189 from 200) and still got the S rank. I'd be as stealth about it as you can though so you aren't fighting 5 of them at once. You may end up taking more damage.

thread is moving too fast.
I found the missing encounter in chapter 3!

See below
Right before the fight with monsoon where raiden is walking slow and can only attack with his blade, kill every enemy you see. I even took damage (went to 189 from 200) and still got the S rank. I'd be as stealth about it as you can though so you aren't fighting 5 of them at once. You may end up taking more damage.

I was just about to post this. Took some digging for me to find it last night. Who would've thought?

I guess the bright side is that I was able to no damage Monsoon again last night and got the R-03 S rank on Revengeance. Damn that optional encounter!

And um...I was so out of it by that point. I was furiously air guitaring/air drumming during the mini cutscenes in Monsoon's fight, sometimes even dramatically mouthing his lines ("Magnetic force, Jack! Nature's force!").....yeah....

THIS FUCKING GAME

Just finished the game on hard with my first playthrough...

84_American_Eagle_crying.gif

NFm5CaS.jpg

joe2187

Banned
I was just about to post this. Took some digging for me to find it last night. Who would've thought?

I guess the bright side is that I was able to no damage Monsoon again last night and got the R-03 S rank on Revengeance. Damn that optional encounter!

And um...I was so out of it by that point. I was furiously air guitaring/air drumming during the mini cutscenes in Monsoon's fight, sometimes even dramatically mouthing his lines ("Magnetic force, Jack! Nature's force!").....yeah....

THIS FUCKING GAME

LEFT HAND RULE!

I HOPE YOU CHOKE!

HAVE A SMOKE!

WELCOME TO MY UTOPIA OF DEATH!

I'm having trouble S ranking the prologue. How do I
kill RAY quickly and how do I cut off its tail?

Parry his head to blade mode parts off of him. You can do this three times.

For the tail, stand in front of him just out of range of his head to bait a tail swipe. Then just parry and blade mode.

joe2187

Banned

When he swings his tail at you, parry towards RAY not the direction the tail is swing from....he does this twice so you should be able to get it quickly

Parry the foot stomps for instant Zandatsu, head rams can also be parried.

The second thing is trickier, you have to be a certain distance away and bait it into attacking with that part. When it does attack, parry toward the boss not the attack, Zandatsu time.

Astral

Well I managed to S rank RAY but I didn't get cut off the tail. I parried towards the tail instead of towards RAY. Oh well, next time.

Dantis

I just bought the OST for this off Google Play. So great.

Surprised how fun the game is too. It has its share of jankiness, but overall, it's excellent.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I didn't progress and play beyond Ray in the game until I cut off its tail. Was a total FUCK YEAH! moment, and up popped a trophy. They knew.

I just got the Surprise Attack! trophy (clear the last level without being seen), and I feel like a boss now. Kicked the last boss' butt with a newfound sense of accomplishment, but didn't get the perfect trophy die to taking damage in his second form. Ah well; I'll try again later.

THIS FUCKING GAME

I JUST beat Monsoon no-damage S-Rank on Revengeance, shit took like 1 1/2 hours, no joke. I too find myself just saying all the lines, just to keep myself sane

SO THIS IS JACK'S TERRIFYING TRUE FORM, HUH

Astral

HOLY SHIT! I just unlocked
the suit!
This is such a pleasant surprise. I didn't think I'd be able to. Looks like I'll be playing Revengance mode in style.

oh man I really love mistral's boss theme. the piano is dope.

this fucking game man. my favorite hack n slash since ninja gaiden black tbh. Bayonetta has great gameplay, some of the best. but it's presentation hinders it for me.

this just makes me want to replay it multiple times.

I just had a thought -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Platinum Games. I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be the greatest game ever made.

I just finished my first playthrough. I was thinking about writing down some quick thoughts, but it's 2AM here, so I'll just make it really quick and say that I really enjoyed the game. The odds for a good game weren't exactly amazing considering the troubled development, but Platinum did what they do best and sorted that mess out to deliver a great action game. I'm definitely looking forward to play it more and do some trophy hunting.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
I just had a thought -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Platinum Games. I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be the greatest game ever made.

Every one of their weapons are repped in this game: swords obviously, sai, bo-staff, and then the bostaff also doubles as nunchucks frequently. Unfortunately Activision has the license and I'd rather they never get a chance to hire and fire Platinum.

Havent finished the game yet, taking my time. Sheer quantity of codecs is amazing; pisses on MGS4's head from a great height. Surprised how much I'm loving the story as I'd thought it would be dumb throwaway shit. Game made me care more about Sunny in two weird anime-esque cutscenes than MGS4 ever made me feel attached.

Did you use the pincer blades? I was totally stuck on him until I gave them a try.

No, my main method of damage was the forward, forward + square launcher. I guess the Pincers would have good for damaging the head, but it wasn't damage that was the problem, it was the mothafuckin' MAGNETIC FORCE, JACK part, especially the last 2 throws. I would always forget what and get nailed. Fight him for 5 minutes, fuck at the end, rinse and repeat foreeeeeeever

The trick is to not move too far from the center. Let the vehicles come to you, and mash like crazy!

No, my main method of damage was the forward, forward + square launcher. I guess the Pincers would have good for damaging the head, but it wasn't damage that was the problem, it was the mothafuckin' MAGNETIC FORCE, JACK part, especially the last 2 throws. I would always forget what and get nailed.

The trick is to not move too far from the center. Let the vehicles come to you, and mash like crazy!

The pincers will take him from junk phase to junk phase with a single charged attack. The first junk phase comes when he's around 67%. Then wait for him to drop, EM grenade, blade mode, charge pincer, release when he's reformed. Then he'll be in the low 50%s and throw more junk. Repeat and he'll be at 40 and trigger the song vocals. Then just survive his limbs, EM grenade, pincer again to trigger more junk. EM and pincer again and he should be at 10% and done.

I'm surprised you did it without the pincer. You probably had to parry a ton of attacks between junk phases. Nice job.

Finished this up earlier today

4 and Half hours normal mode.

Replaying it getting S rank's in the Grey Fox outfit now.

I feel like i understand very little about anything still

Who exactly are the winds of destruction. Who is in charge in that group.

I did enjoy the game but for all the cutscenes nothing is exactly said apart from the word "memes" 6000 times and "war" and raiden having a serious identity crisis.

For a second game id love to see some more characters from the MGS series.

Also give me Solidus 2.0 and let me fight him as super raiden.

Edit: How do you do the matrix spin kick with the polearm?

Jarmel

Banned

jett

D-Member
I was referring to the vocal edition. I'm listening to it on Spotify and it doesn't have the French vocals.

They're there in the Vocal Tracks CD but are buried deep under everything else.

I personally don't enjoy the VT CD too much, the tracks are super short and omit every other part of the music.

Jarmel

Banned
They're there in the Vocal Tracks CD but are buried deep under everything else.

I personally don't enjoy the VT CD too much, the tracks are super short and omit every other part of the music.

Yea I wish there was a version of the OST that just had the full four minute version of the songs instead of the 2 minute snippets that we get.

Thanks to NoirVisage tip, I beat the final boss on hard the first time I tried today! YEAHHH FUCKING HOOOOOOOOO
Congrats broski, i'm only JUST trying hard mode now..its hard, only using the fox blade when i'm near death. OFTEN. -__-

I feel bad for anyone who see's this page, the video link turns into an embed and the screenshot is a final boss spoiler and its been quoted too often to hide.

jett

D-Member
Yea I wish there was a version of the OST that just had the full four minute version of the songs instead of the 2 minute snippets that we get.

What is even more unfortunate is that the audio files on the game itself are split in short tracks as well, so there's no rip to save us. Someone would have to take the time and re-mix them. :p

Top Bottom