• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Sparse

So glad I popped into here before I started and saw the 'learn to dodge' comment. The last boss was definitely a challenge still, but not an infuriating one.

Sam
was more difficult for me but I still loved the segment anyway.
Sundowner
was the only letdown, mostly because what came before is a spectacle whereas that one felt by the numbers.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You know, I wouldn't mind a "Bloody Palace" mode, but given how few enemy types there are, I really dunno how they'd make that.

Z3M0G

Whats your SAVE FILE time?

I know for me it didn't make much of a difference:
20130222_184419_zps2c8cdd6e.jpg

20130222_184516_zps8bd9a754.jpg

20130222_184603_zps66ab57f4.jpg

End game timer said 4 hours 31 mins 12 seconds 8 milliseconds
Save file is sitting at 05:04 right now because I jumped back in and S ranked up to the mistral fight
Interesting, you must not have died much at all..or your save file also isn't counting cutscenes (it did on mine)..oh snap..THE UPDATE O__O

I know for me it didn't make much of a difference:
This proves it, your save file isn't counting cutscenes(and possibly deaths)..or did you skip them all?
Impressive stats, epic Avatar.

I just had a thought -- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles by Platinum Games. I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be the greatest game ever made.
This is sincerely brilliant. The combat paired with their goofy humour, my god.

Though I would want '80s animated TMNT as the base. I refuse to accept the new April.

Spoiler question, only for people who have finished the game.

How many bosses do they reuse?

Actual spoilers? I guess.

Uhm. Well, you fight Sam twice if you count the prologue fight which was more "you're gonna lose anyway" and they have this little doppelganger fight with two of the bosses but they die easy as hell. That's it.

Interesting, you must not have died much at all..or your save file also isn't counting cutscenes (it did on mine)..oh snap..THE UPDATE O__O

This proves it, your save file isn't counting cutscenes(and possibly deaths)..or did you skip them all?
Impressive stats, epic Avatar.

I did not skip cutscenes or dialog. I had a few deaths. About 10 or so i think it said.

I did not skip cutscenes or dialog. I had a few deaths. About 10 or so i think it said.
I've had the game since before both updates, i beat it on normal and my save time was drastically different from my game completion time, by like 3 hours, i did 22 throughout the game on insta fail parts and boss fights, though, and my save time reflects it.. if the update really did tinker with the save clock..that is..odd.

Alchemy

Final boss... damn. First there was rage, then embrace, finally triumph. I need a shower. Finished the game in about five hours, though I'm not sure if that time takes into account my face grinding against the first boss and the final struggle at the end.

Either way, worth the money. Great game.

Revven

Finished this up earlier today

4 and Half hours normal mode.

Replaying it getting S rank's in the Grey Fox outfit now.

I feel like i understand very little about anything still

Who exactly are the winds of destruction. Who is in charge in that group.

I did enjoy the game but for all the cutscenes nothing is exactly said apart from the word "memes" 6000 times and "war" and raiden having a serious identity crisis.

For a second game id love to see some more characters from the MGS series.

Also give me Solidus 2.0 and let me fight him as super raiden.

Edit: How do you do the matrix spin kick with the polearm?

Listen to all the optional codec conversations; they fill in a TON of holes. It's eaten up a lot of my playtime, there's tons of them and they're all anywhere from 5-10 minute convos (some split up into two parts, meaning you have to call them twice or three times to finish their story).

Ugh, what the fuck? I no damaged
the Mistral Monsoon
fight twice now and neither time has it registered it. I can't keep retrying it, it's fatiguing as hell on my thumb.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ugh, what the fuck? I no damaged
the Mistral Monsoon
fight twice now and neither time has it registered it. I can't keep retrying it, it's fatiguing as hell on my thumb.

It's apparently glitched. Wait for a patch before doing that one.

The fights featuring multiple Gekkos, Mastiffs, wolves, the water slider things, the dino things, or any other bigger, aggressive enemy type are the hardest fights in the game due solely to the camera. When they're accompanied by RPG enemies firing from the other side of the country, they're even harder. +100 difficulty if you're in a small area.

The one secret fight where
3 Mastiffs ambush you in a small ass room all bouncing around like mental patients
JESUS CHRIST JUST BACK OFF ME FOR ONE SECOND

HURT ME

HURT ME MORE

Ironically, the most trouble I had with Monsoon was when he throws vehicles at you

For me it's the part after where you can't hit him and he sends his fucking legs after you. The strategy there is a bit hazy to me. I don't know if I should keep my distance, run from the legs, or just go in balls blazing.

It's apparently glitched. Wait for a patch before doing that one.
Yeah, I quit to main menu and selected continue and tried it again. Got lucky enough to no damage again in the first attempt without restarts, but it still didn't register. Fuck this. My S rank Revengeance run is now arbitrarily halted.

For me it's the part after where you can't hit him and he sends his fucking legs after you. The strategy there is a bit hazy to me. I don't know if I should keep my distance, run from the legs, or just go in balls blazing.
Here's what I did. I mashed parry for his sais, which are 8 attacks, four for each hand. Then I mashed it again once his legs came up, it's tricky because the second or third kick comes in really quick so just mash. Then once he's levitating his upper body towards you toss an EM grenade.

jett

D-Member
Yeah, I quit to main menu and selected continue and tried it again. Got lucky enough to no damage again in the first attempt without restarts, but it still didn't register. Fuck this. My S rank Revengeance run is now arbitrarily halted.

You don't need the no damage bonus to get an S rank.

joe2187

Banned

You can run from the legs and they'll fall down after about 5-7 seconds

your choice of either parrying or dropping an EM Grenade when he goes in for the sai combo with his torso.

er, there's a glitch and people aren't getting the trophies/ach's for no damaging Monsoon? if that's the case there's absolutely no way I'm trying any more it until it's patched.

edit: thanks for the tips

Nemesis_

I really want some tips on how to S Rank both
Sam
and
Sundowner
battles on Revengeance.

Would really, really appreciate it. :)

Top Bottom