• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

As a rep for this game JP, let me say thanks to you and both KP and PG parties for making this collaboration not only not a trainwreck, but a dream that exceeded so many expectations, at least for me.

And a quick question to confirm something. I've ordered the JPN version of the game, and assume that it will have the same dual/multiple language options as Bayonetta and Vanquish had before (I want the English version available). Is my assumption correct, or should I order an NA version for that?

luka

Loves Robotech S1
As a rep for this game JP, let me say thanks to you and both KP and PG parties for making this collaboration not only not a trainwreck, but a dream that exceeded so many expectations, at least for me.

And a quick question to confirm something. I've ordered the JPN version of the game, and assume that it will have the same dual/multiple language options as Bayonetta and Vanquish had before (I want the English version available). Is my assumption correct, or should I order an NA version for that?

I want to know this as well. I've always played Metal Gear in Japanese, but the JP dub seems like a horribly synced afterthought here. I would prefer playing this one in English (Horiuchi will always be the best Raiden though).

I did recently play through it in Dolphin though, which cleaned up the image nicely, as well as the GCN framerate

Can you tell me what revision you used and if you selected any special audio settings or anything? I've had the hardest time getting it to run properly (and I know my comp can handle it fine).

Regarding Rising, I am very happy but also slightly sad about KojiPro doing the cutscenes. In a way, that is the part that needs to Metal Gear-ish the most, but I think Rising calls for over the top, Bayonetta like cutscenes. Sprinkle in a little Twin Snakes too, even.

However, Raiden's sequences in MGS4 do show that they can do action well.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Can you tell me what revision you used and if you selected any special audio settings or anything? I've had the hardest time getting it to run properly (and I know my comp can handle it fine).

I'm on 3.5-80-dirty. I did have the occasional audio desync in cutscenes but never found a solution. Mostly used tweaks found on the wiki. Set framelimit to audio, EFB copies to RAM, and DSP to LLE. Widescreen is broken and I know if no solution, so I played with the vanilla 4:3 aspect ratio. Used the DX9 plugin (not DX11) with (I think) 9xSSAA and it ran extremely well, with the exception of weird frame drops in really intense combat (like the shoot out when Meryl frees you).

I don't think it actually is dual-audio; I think they're going by the MGS standard here. The option could have just been left out of the demo, though.

Outside of "I just played the demo for the upteenth time and it was amazing", I unfortunately have nothing to contribute until I get my game.

Speaking of: Konami is apparently shipping EU copies with the Gray Fox skin code. Do you know if AU comes under that umbrella?

I pre-ordered it (from Ozgameshop) and it's coming with a Commando skin. Have no idea what that is

With their pre-orders, they tend to send them out maybe a couple days before release so, under the absolute best circumstances, the game will come in maybe 3 days after release. I'm hoping my copy comes in before March.

Mechazawa

Anarchy Reigns and Vanquish demos both had multi-language options, so given Reveangence's demo, it's probably safe to assume it doesn't have it.

JPKellams

Anarchy Reigns and Vanquish demos both had multi-language options, so given Reveangence's demo, it's probably safe to assume it doesn't have it.

MGR follows the standard localization feature set for MGS games. So, no multi-audio...

The NA/EU versions are English voice with EFIGSP+J subtitles.
JPN version is Japanese voice/Japanese subs.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Probably more Konami/KojiPro's decision

Don't get why people expected Platinum to change how they manage their franchise in the west

Eusis

Well, don't worry about it. We have a gif for MGS fans that hate this game:

1360622052370sjkpa.gif
Speaking as a fan from MGS1: I just don't care anymore, on the narrative front anyway. MGS4 salted the Earth when it came to story, and MGS:pW did nothing to fix that, but each game has been very enjoyable, and I've also really enjoyed Bayonetta and Vanquish albeit casually, and that gif is amazing so I'm running to GameStop day one.

Jubern

I'm pretty sure the game isn't dual audio. I remember the Japanese official twitter account writing about that.

edit > Beaten super badly, should have read better.

TreIII

MGR follows the standard localization feature set for MGS games. So, no multi-audio...

Boo. Here, I was really hoping beyond hope that Konami would buck the trend, for once...

Ah, well. Sticking with my JP LE from CDJapan, anyhow! Plus, I get Kenyu Horiuchi Raiden.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
It's a shame that Konami isn't putting much effort into the JP versions of Metal Gear anymore (Ground Zeroes' lip syncing looks terrible in Japanese as well) but I guess it makes sense that their target market is America now. I think they could at least be a little more progressive about multi-language options.

I don't mind the white blood though. In fact I think i prefer it.

This kind of confuses me because there was a greyed out "languages" option present in the JP demo. I assumed it would be functional in the final game.

Aww, was hoping it would follow the localization feature set of the previous PlatinumGames releases. But I'm not canceling my Amazon.jp preorder. The US import is way more expensive there and doesn't seem to include any bonus DLC.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
shit I don't know all that

someone help me out

I remember it being complicated

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Getting a copy to review tomorrow.

Nom nom nom.

Still buying as well!

VR Missions are only exclusive to PS3 in NA, everyone else gets them.

Just to be clear, in NA, only the PS3 (and not 360)gets the VR Missions, but when you say "everyone else gets them" do you mean both PS3 and 360 in all other regions or only PS3 in all other regions
(Since there is no 360 version in Japan)

Japanese 360 owners having access to the DLC is kind of a moot point then. ;p

Unless I'm reading your posts wrong.

I was the one asking about the VR mission DLC and the one who confirmed that there is no 360 version of the game in Japan.

rvy

Banned
Just to be clear, in NA, only the PS3 (and not 360)gets the VR Missions, but when you say "everyone else gets them" do you mean both PS3 and 360 in all other regions or only PS3 in all other regions
(Since there is no 360 version in Japan)

PS3 and 360, unless my English is broken.

444444fou5t.png

Top Bottom