• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

The end of the boss weapon trailer even addresses the hitbox on the pole spin move!

When the spinning top move with polearm just inexplicably launched everyone around Raiden for no reason, I was momentarily confused but I eventually agreed with myself that it was, indeed, pretty awesome.

Robot Pants

I really hate preorder dlc. I'd love to play as Grey Fox, but I wasn't planning on getting the game so soon. Any chance he would appear on PSN at a later time, or is this the only way to get it?
It will likely show up as dlc later. Most of that preorder crap usually does

Carbonox

The end of that boss weapon trailer was rad. I guess we can use suit Raiden as a skin?

I also love the application for Monsoon's weapon. Gonna be very handy getting to and from enemies. Polearm looks the best side-weapon though. Shame we can't change through the side weapons on the fly. At least I don't think we can.

That pole arm looks so amazing, so many attack options! And it's gonna be great getting around to foes with the sai.

I wasn't that interested in the giant scissor sword because it looked pretty unsafe and I assume you were locked into the animation due to how powerful and slow it looked, but then I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knc13-DSU3o&t=2m57s

Yeah it seems you can cancel into evade which is awesome.

The only unique weapon we haven't seen Raiden wielding yet is Sam's.

Pole arm all day for me. What impressess me the most is the way they have managed to incorperate the best of the Luna staff and the vigorrian flails in one weapon.

I now want a saito directed ninja gaiden. Amazing.

Carbonox

White blood looks much better than red blood for this game. Good thing we have a choice (?).

Yeah I prefer the white blood as well. Raiden has white blood in MGS4 so it seems more suitable for all the cyborgs to have the same.

chrono01

All of this new information/videos/etc., while tempting to watch/read...I must resist! I do not want to spoil myself more than I already have. Release is only mere days away!

So, as much as it pains me to say...

*chrono01 takes a look at the information and...*

JN2XS.gif

rvy

Banned
I now want a saito directed ninja gaiden. Amazing.

Yup, I really like what he has done. Platinum has talent up the ass, Jesus.

Bayonetta (2009), SEGA Corporation
Breakdown (2004), Namco Limited
Viewtiful Joe 2 (2004), Capcom Entertainment, Inc.
Viewtiful Joe (2003), Capcom Co., Ltd.
Time Crisis: Project Titan (2001), Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Ltd.
R4 Ridge Racer Type 4 (1998), Namco Limited

That be one guy with a lot of pedigree.

Kenji-Saito.jpg

Time to bring back the Kamiya avatar and morph him with Saito. Hell yeah.

I can't link the 4gamer aarticle because I'm on my phone, but it sounds like Bladewolf and Sam are playable in DLC stuff. Is this the PS3-exclusive content?

Mr. RHC

Of course we worked on the story together, its a collaboration. No one, at any point, has claimed otherwise. If you are going to credit someone for writing the story, it is going to be Etsu Tamari. He put pen to paper and wrote it based on our agreed upon outlines. And if you are going to credit someone for directing the cutscenes, it is Mr. Kobayashi. BTW - They both have desks here at PlatinumGames. This is a video game with a ton of moving parts, tons of people working together, which is what collaboration is about.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely think this is a fruitful collaboration and I hope for Revengeance to be a success. I also highly respect Platinum Games as a studio, so do I respect Kojima Prodcutions and the Metal Gear series and its established story.

Together with Koji Pro you have developed a fun high speed ninja action game for which you deserve praise.( from what I've seen in the demo).

Carbonox

In that new cutscene trailer, it shows off some more of the Sam boss fight where you're White Raiden, and I noticed that Sam's sword actually becomes enveloped with fire as he fights you. So good. On top of the gun-like sheath, it gives me a proper Nero vibe (the Red Queen).

maverick40

My review copy is at home. Can't wait to play and review this bad boy. I hope it is good, platinum games have never let me down.

No.
Also can we stop with this PS3 exclusive missions? It's only in the US exclusive for now. Put it in the OP, please.

If they're exclusive to PS3 in one region then it's not wrong to say they're PS3-exclusive.

I want clarification on the wooden sword thing. I have a hard time believing they would do something as dumb as Japan-only DLC.

rvy

Banned
If they're exclusive to PS3 in one region then it's not wrong to say they're PS3-exclusive.

I want clarification on the wooden sword thing. I have a hard time believing they would do something as dumb as Japan-only DLC.

Being half-right is not being right.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Someone should contact Microsoft or Konami PR about the DLC content on the 360

I can't link the 4gamer aarticle because I'm on my phone, but it sounds like Bladewolf and Sam are playable in DLC stuff. Is this the PS3-exclusive content?

Welp

Raiden doesn't need his sword now

We got the real thing

Same

a sword that can't cut seems like too interesting a concept for a game like this to be region specific

mehdi_san

The wooden sword apparently can talk to Raiden, and it's Snake's Japanese VA doing the voice for it.

About the PS3 exclusivity thing, only the first pack has been confirmed as exclusive in NA, correct me if I'm wrong.
DLC pack 1: 30 VR missions, PS3 only in NA, comes with extra weapon in Japan (¥300)
DLC pack 2&3: no detail announced yet, but will concern Sam and Bladewolf (?)

Top Bottom