• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
The wooden sword apparently can talk to Raiden, and it's Snake's Japanese VA doing the voice for it.

About the PS3 exclusivity thing, only the first pack has been confirmed as exclusive in NA, correct me if I'm wrong.
DLC pack 1: 30 VR missions, PS3 only in NA, comes with extra weapon in Japan (¥300)
DLC pack 2&3: no detail announced yet, but will concern Sam and Bladewolf (?)

lol

Ezio

Just pre-ordered from EB because I have like $20 in credit on my card anyways. Looking forward to this game a lot more now that it's release is getting closer.

jett

D-Member
$2.99~$4.99 for the VR missions? That's acceptable.

A talking wooden katana being exclusive to Japan is NOT FUCKING ACCEPTABLE.

The wooden sword apparently can talk to Raiden, and it's Snake's Japanese VA doing the voice for it.

About the PS3 exclusivity thing, only the first pack has been confirmed as exclusive in NA, correct me if I'm wrong.
DLC pack 1: 30 VR missions, PS3 only in NA, comes with extra weapon in Japan (¥300)
DLC pack 2&3: no detail announced yet, but will concern Sam and Bladewolf (?)

what?

WHAT?

chrono01

zvKo0xW.gif

ZG6d74A.gif

Carbonox

I hope it yells out random shit when you use it.

Better yet if you do a combo, the sword repeats MGS4's opening. "War. War has changed..."

.la1n

Everything looks amazing, avoiding what appears to be any major spoilers, still very excited even though the demo didn't quite click with me.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The Desperado Elite boses look cool.

Was not going to preorder this since I don't care about buying the DLC but I guess I'll go to EB today.

Reading the 4gamer article again, it sounds like it will be exactly what some of you have imagined. Every time Raiden swings the sword, it will play a different Solid Snake voice effect.

(;゚д゚) ・・・

Edit: You know, they should include some mode / level where you (MGS4 spoilers..I guess)
Have no arm use and are using your teeth-held blade to fight

Mupod

Fingers crossed that Future Shop sends my copy on thursday like they tend to do with major game releases. Maybe they think because I live in the middle of nowhere that they need to send it early? Who knows. My $20 off coupon from Tsilon never got cancelled either so that's cool, although part of me still wants Grey Fox.

I don't suppose there's any chance you could just download that region-exclusive VR mission DLC with a european xbox account and it'd work with the NA copy? I mean, I download Japanese demos all the time. I guess it's a different situation with stuff you need to pay for though.

Who? Olga? I'm not seeing anyone else.

I'm staying away from most media, but I was just wondering if there was any female DLC characters lined up.

Doesnt matter who as long as there is one (not that it will stop me from buying the game if there isnt)

Katana wielding Mei Ling, Ghost Olga or Sonny with a kitchen knife.

:p

Revven

Reading the 4gamer article again, it sounds like it will be exactly what some of you have imagined. Every time Raiden swings the sword, it will play a different Solid Snake voice effect.

PLZ tell me we will eventually get this weaponnnnnn ;_;

jett

D-Member
MyEpitomeCliché;47666800 said:
Probably gonna switch my pre-order to PS3. In addition to the DLC, that's allegedly the cleaner version, right?

The pros on the PS3 side are higher quality cutscenes and no screen tearing.

Day one ! no question !

Well, the 360 version as usual looks better from the comparison videos i've seen.

Looked the same to me, or the difference is to miniscule that it doesn't matter. If you want extra content, then get the PS3 version. Either way buy the game so we can hopefully get sequels and maybe even get that Grey Fox game in the future.

I just need to post this excerpt here because it is Metal Gear related, and as zany as this game likely will be. I'm reading the MGS4 novelization by Project Itoh (RIP), and it is very good and adds some interesting things that were approved by Hideo (the book is told from the perspective of Otacon).

...but this paragraph is cracking me up:

--------------------------------------------------
(From Act 3 during the Big Mama bike ride)

Drebin pulls up alongside Snake. "You think we can make a deal here, Old Snake?" ... Little Gray stretched out his long gibbon arm and handed Snake the rocket launcher.

EVA yelled, "Snake, it's coming!"

Snake glanced at the APC. Sitting in the gunner seat was Little Gray, another RPG-7 at his shoulder.

"I'm not sure what's going on here," said EVA, laughing. "But you guys are really fucking weird."

"Fire!" Snake said. The monkey and the Snake simultaneously fired.
----------------------------------------------------

(Please let me know if it is improper to post text from a novel)

Akainu

I just need to post this excerpt here because it is Metal Gear related, and as zany as this game likely will be. I'm reading the MGS4 novelization by Project Itoh (RIP), and it is very good and adds some interesting things that were approved by Hideo (the book is told from the perspective of Otacon).

...but this paragraph is cracking me up:

--------------------------------------------------
(From Act 3 during the Big Mama bike ride)

Drebin pulls up alongside Snake. "You think we can make a deal here, Old Snake?" ... Little Gray stretched out his long gibbon arm and handed Snake the rocket launcher.

EVA yelled, "Snake, it's coming!"

Snake glanced at the APC. Sitting in the gunner seat was Little Gray, another RPG-7 at his shoulder.

"I'm not sure what's going on here," said EVA, laughing. "But you guys are really fucking weird."

"Fire!" Snake said. The monkey and the Snake simultaneously fired.
----------------------------------------------------

(Please let me know if it is improper to post text from a novel)
I didn't know the monkey had a name.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I wouldn't have minded someone new whose background was being a former FROG, but I doubt anything like that will happen.

That's a really good idea for a story. A lot of FROG soldiers were left over after SOP was destroyed. Would be cool to see the journey of a reformed terrorist recruit.

Top Bottom