• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

I should have never gotten to the soundtrack for this game. All I could hear in my head while trying to sleep was "Violence Breeds Violence." mixed in with other lyrics. Too catchy for it's own good.

Duffyside

Banned
What do you get for cutting off the arms? I cut enough for Doktor to tell me "ah, I think I have enough information to get you something now," but then I turned off the game, and now I don't know what he was referring to. Hm...

mattp

What do you get for cutting off the arms? I cut enough for Doktor to tell me "ah, I think I have enough information to get you something now," but then I turned off the game, and now I don't know what he was referring to. Hm...

you'll get it when you finish the chapter

Raxus

Later in R01 you run into 'Lieutenants' that have highlighted left arms in AR mode. There are 30 in all. Collecting them all earn you swords and wigs.

mattp

I did finish the chapter. Was it just something added to the customization options?

weird. that's how it worked for me
and yeah there will be a new item in the customization menu too (
wigs
). but it popped up a little dialog saying i unlocked it at the end of the chapter first

Duffyside

Banned
weird. that's how it worked for me
and yeah there will be a new item in the customization menu too (
wigs
). but it popped up a little dialog saying i unlocked it at the end of the chapter first

Hm, ok, maybe I don't have enough then? Or it might have been because I turned off the game once I finished the chapter, but I don't see that option now in the new chapter when I go into Customization.

But it's not crucial it seems, and that was what I was mostly worried about. Ok, thanks guys for your help.

Hm, ok, maybe I don't have enough then? Or it might have been because I turned off the game once I finished the chapter, but I don't see that option now in the new chapter when I go into Customization.

But it's not crucial it seems, and that was what I was mostly worried about. Ok, thanks guys for your help.

They're collectibles, and the game saves everytime you collect one, and that arm won't spawn again. There are only 30 in the game, and they're marked in green in your AR vision and when you go into blade mode.

maks

Yeah, I think so. And I think you can probably menu restart if you need to as well. I'm not sure how it benefits you or what bonus you get other than the NO DAMAGE label in your Chapter Select.

Yea I don't think NO DAMAGE does anything. I have the piggyback guide and checked out TITLES to see if anything was tied to No Damage but nothing seems to be.

Some of these Titles are pretty hardcore. There is one linked to a no Nanopaste run. Another Title requires you to beat Hard mode in a New Game, using no upgrades at all. Ouch!

demidar

Yea I don't think NO DAMAGE does anything. I have the piggyback guide and checked out TITLES to see if anything was tied to No Damage but nothing seems to be.

Some of these Titles are pretty hardcore. There is one linked to a no Nanopaste run. Another Title requires you to beat Hard mode in a New Game, using no upgrades at all. Ouch!

I thought Revengeance mode was really tough, especially if you want to get all S rankings. But it's pretty trivial if you use the
infinite sub-weapon wig. EM grenade all day errday!

McNum

Doing a run just to grab the collectables with an upgraded Raiden wielding a near maxed-out HF blade makes some of bosses kind of... sad. It's not really a fight when you can do 4-5% damage with a light attack.

Still, I missed three Endurance +1 in my first game, and I'm going for all the Data Storage chips, too. I think they will unlock something nice, like a weapon or something.

demidar

Doing a run just to grab the collectables with an upgraded Raiden wielding a near maxed-out HF blade makes some of bosses kind of... sad. It's not really a fight when you can do 4-5% damage with a light attack.

Still, I missed three Endurance +1 in my first game, and I'm going for all the Data Storage chips, too. I think they will unlock something nice, like a weapon or something.

I was surprised that if you perfect parry a boss you can take off like, 30% off their health. Couple that with a charged pincer attack and activate Ripper mode before the strike hits and bosses are super easy and fast even on Revengeance (or is that only on Revengeance?).

McNum

I was surprised that if you perfect parry a boss you can take off like, 30% off their health. Couple that with a charged pincer attack and activate Ripper mode before the strike hits and bosses are super easy and fast even on Revengeance (or is that only on Revengeance?).
I'm running it on Normal, just so I only need to worry about finding the collectables. Chapter one was a series of hilariously one-sided fights. Can't even do a basic combo on anything before it keels over... And poor Wolf.

Seriously, if you had trouble with anything in the early chapters, you should try this. It's funny to just shut the enemies you got beat up by down cold like this.

demidar

I'm running it on Normal, just so I only need to worry about finding the collectables. Chapter one was a series of hilariously one-sided fights. Can't even do a basic combo on anything before it keels over... And poor Wolf.

Seriously, if you had trouble with anything in the early chapters, you should try this. It's funny to just shut the enemies you got beat up by down cold like this.

If you perfect parry the Blade Wolf on Revengeance, he loses 70% of his health. Yes, seventy percent. I said "wat".

I prefer smashing my head into a challenge until it inevitably gives way, that's just the kinda guy I am :D

NotLiquid

Fans of Dunkey might enjoy his new video on the game. War has changed.

Getting around to hard difficulty and playing this run exclusively in the Gray Fox skin. God damn that's some sleek HD armor he's boasting. I'm loving this game the more I play it, so happy for KojiPro and Platinum that the game ended up doing well.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The man has a gun sheath that shoots a sword.
You dont need many robot enhancements when you have something as manly as that.

You just made me realize that Platinum Games actually managed to create a gunblade that makes sense and is cool and badass.

Eat your heart out, Square-Enix.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Wonder if theres a codec in the japanese version that explains if White Blood had been improved so theres no need for constant dialysis anymore like the English codec equivalent explaining the switch to Red Blood.

If not we have a split continuity of a world where Raiden can eat tasty cuisine alongside Courtney and one where he cannot!

Praise be to 8-4 on this as well by the way. Bet MarkMcD was fanjizzing all during the development "WE'RE WORKING ON A METAL FUCKING GEAR".

Carbonox

Regarding beating the bosses without taking damage (for the achievements):

Monsoon needs to GTFO. I beat Mistral without taking a hit but that cunt Monsoon cheaps out on you in the last segment of the fight. I get him down to like 18% health and then one of two things happen:

1. His final vehicle throw attack involves 5 vehicles and despite knowing full well that I cut them all to the point of blackness (showing that they won't hurt you now), some random explosion appears and hits me.
2. Every time you stun him and then do a charged Pincer attack, he gets thrown back (and naturally taking a shit ton of damage). However, after the final vehicle throw, you stun him, do a charged Pincer attack but somehow despite taking damage he still STANDSl, glows purple and throws in an unblockable cheap attack whilst you're finishing the Pincer animation.

Fucking bullshit.

Must have restarted like 20 times now. He's a cunt.

Carbonox

I FUCKING DID IT.

zdzRGwMl.jpg

TAKE THAT YOU SHIT FUCK.

Carbonox

Good shit dude! Took me a while too but it can be done. Makes you feel like a parrying god. Head banging/air guitaring/air drumming to the music also helps.

The only part of the fight where it was troublesome for me blocking-wise was when he throws his hand at you and it fights for him towards the end of the fight. Cos of its size, it can be a pain to judge when to block.

The song actually got on my nerves due to the amount of restarts I had to do. :lol

Revven

To be fair, it isn't Very Hard.

Yeah, it really isn't. I just beat the first chapter on Very hard myself just a few minutes ago. Just run and cut through the first barricade after fighting the first mandatory battle. Then you can take on Ray.

The only hard part about Ray is the attack patterns are way different; it's tons more aggressive (likes to headbutt you and back away a lot to do so). You just need to parry a lot of Ray to get it down to .1% and then Boris will call in as per usual. The camera can really fuck with you though because the game likes to target its head for some reason =\

Second fight with Ray isn't that much harder either. Attack pattern is pretty much the same for the second fight.

Sephzilla

The only part of the fight where it was troublesome for me blocking-wise was when he throws his hand at you and it fights for him towards the end of the fight. Cos of its size, it can be a pain to judge when to block.

THIS. It's a pain to judge the parry on that, since he' so far away you cant EM Grenade him, and the attack has tracking so you cant run away from it.

Yeah, I just mash parry on that part. I mash parry on a LOT of Monsoon's attacks, if I'm being honest(purple sai combo, spinny projectiles, long-range Sai combo)

Sephzilla

The upside is that if you put a really well timed parry on Monsoon's long range sai attack it instantly stuns him, at which point you can pretty much just win the fight.

deim0s

The only hard part about Ray is the attack patterns are way different; it's tons more aggressive (likes to headbutt you and back away a lot to do so). You just need to parry a lot of Ray to get it down to .1% and then Boris will call in as per usual. The camera can really fuck with you though because the game likes to target its head for some reason =\

Kinda forcing you to break the head armor first.

Carbonox

Random question - in terms of actual damage output, is the FOX Blade stronger than the Muramasa? Obviously FOX Blade has its OHK ability but I mean in terms of against bosses or whoever.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The upside is that if you put a really well timed parry on Monsoon's long range sai attack it instantly stuns him, at which point you can pretty much just win the fight.

? You mean his Dhalsim limbs? If you perfect parry those, you just chop off the sai. You do get a free Zandatsu if you perfect parry his sai combo.

Revven

Kinda forcing you to break the head armor first.

Funny thing was even when I did break the armor of the head, the game can still focus on it; so the camera can still fuck with you when you're trying to attack its legs and Ray is moving back.

Top Bottom