• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Sephzilla

Already posted?

I like the Dante/Vergil version better

-------------------------

On a more relevant note, early take-with-grain-of-salt numbers for MGR are that it sold about 800k in week 1, which means it mostly did already catch/pass DmC globally.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
You always could do that, Jett. But I think they still do that attack anyway, they did on Hard.

I'd rather have an option to stuff the
smoke bombs and throwing the sais at you
, would make it less random to no damage that fight.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think if you dodge the smoke bombs you shouldn't have to go through the 9 parry sequence

part of the reason I dislike the Monsoon fight so much in general are all the TIME OUT moves and phases he has during the encounter.(moves that make it so you can't hit him and have to deal with whatever obstacle course he throws at you)

Carbonox

On a more relevant note, early take-with-grain-of-salt numbers for MGR are that it sold about 800k in week 1, which means it mostly did already catch/pass DmC globally.

800k worldwide week 1? Damn son.

demidar

Sure hope you didn't get those numbers from a certain site...

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty much all of the bosses are designed around mastering mechanics of the game. Think of them like school classes.

Sundowner = Learn how to use Blade Mode [Advanced Course]

Alternatively this one is how to exploit AI and game mechanics. You can "hit" the red shield with dodge attacks. Won't damage him, but you don't take any damage and can safely navigate to his back to hit him hassle free.

Carbonox

Alternatively this one is how to exploit AI and game mechanics. You can "hit" the red shield with dodge attacks. Won't damage him, but you don't take any damage and can safely navigate to his back to hit him hassle free.

Yup. Rinse and repeat for flawless victory. Too easy to exploit.

Neiteio

Wolf has quickly grown to be perhaps my favorite character in my game. The killing machine who does not want to kill and is considered largely useless because of it, forced to attack Raiden or face destruction, who is later saved by Raiden, and now free to act for itself, proving to be, as Wolf puts it, "kinder to my fellow man than an actual fellow man." It's such a great concept, and the fact he looks SO COOL (both LQ84i and Wolf forms) is like the icing on a delicious character cake.

Sephzilla

Sure hope you didn't get those numbers from a certain site...

They are, thus why I said take them with a huge grain of salt. But the only numbers there that are suspect are the US ones. And La Li Lu Le Lo has the US week 1 numbers actually a bit lower than Japans numbers, so for all we know the real number could end up being higher.

Neiteio

My first time on Sundowner I just chipped away at his life bar with Ninja Run + Light Attack rapid slashing. :lol
If you're not fussing over no damage, I think the Sundowner battle is more fun if you focus on hacking away his shield. It opens up the second half of the fight, where he brings out the pincer blades, calls backup, and swings pillars, not to mention, "RED SUN O-VER PARADISEEEEEEEE!"

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If you're not fussing over no damage, I think the Sundowner battle is more fun if you focus on hacking away his shield. It opens up the second half of the fight, where he brings out the pincer blades, calls backup, and swings pillars, not to mention, "RED SUN O-VER PARADISEEEEEEEE!"

The helicopter annoys the crap out of me the times I opt for the legit route.

Revven

I did that on my subsequent playthroughs but... unfortunately on Easy/Normal I was too overbuffed so I didn't get to see him throw pillars or call for backup. All I got was the cool music and him becoming more aggro.

Maybe I'll get to see it on Very Hard lol.

Carbonox

I've never gotten him to the second phase of the fight. :lol Maybe I should try that one time. I've gone through the game so many times as well, killing the fucker quick.

LiK

If you have homing missiles handy, just aim and lock on and take the hammerheads down with one hit. Then focus on chopping Sundowner's shield.

i didn't even bother chopping his shield down. i just hit him from behind. i did it wrong.

jett

D-Member
You always could do that, Jett. But I think they still do that attack anyway, they did on Hard.

I'd rather have an option to stuff the
smoke bombs and throwing the sais at you
, would make it less random to no damage that fight.

That's what I skipped, the "throwing sais" stuff. I guess I wasn't clear enough? The whole lorentz crap and the sais part. You can also skip the smoke bombs by damaging him enough at the beginning of the fight. Must use pincer blades.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If you have homing missiles handy, just aim and lock on and take the hammerheads down with one hit. Then focus on chopping Sundowner's shield.

Wow, I thought the invisible wall made it effectively invincible.

Aw yiss. Red Sun is my favourite track in the game.

WHEN THE WIND IS SLOOOOW AND THE FIRE'S HOT
THE VULTURE WAAAAAITS TO SEE WHAT ROTS
OH, HOW PRETTY; ALL THE SCENERY
THIS IS NATURE'S SAAAAAAACRIFIIIIIIIICE

Bedlam

Wolf has quickly grown to be perhaps my favorite character in my game. The killing machine who does not want to kill and is considered largely useless because of it, forced to attack Raiden or face destruction, who is later saved by Raiden, and now free to act for itself, proving to be, as Wolf puts it, "kinder to my fellow man than an actual fellow man." It's such a great concept, and the fact he looks SO COOL (both LQ84i and Wolf forms) is like the icing on a delicious character cake.
Yep. "Must you really fight?" was by far the most heart-warming moment in the game.

kewlmyc

Aw yiss. Red Sun is my favourite track in the game.

WHEN THE WIND IS SLOOOOW AND THE FIRE'S HOT
THE VULTURE WAAAAAITS TO SEE WHAT ROTS
OH, HOW PRETTY; ALL THE SCENERY
THIS IS NATURE'S SAAAAAAACRIFIIIIIIIICE
I love the music. It pisses me off when some reviewers say the music is bad.

gryz

Banned
heads up for Seattle Gaf: Quinton Flynn, voice of raiden will be at the emerald city comic con this weekend. I think I might get him to sign my copy of rising.

I really hope this is true. It would be great and make Rising 2 that much more possible.

Sephzilla

I really hope this is true. It would be great and make Rising 2 that much more possible.

Even if the numbers are off by 100k or so, I think Rising 2 is a forgone conclusion at this point. The game's selling well, got reviewed well, has positive buzz all around it, and Kojima apparently liked working with Platinum alot.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I love the music. It pisses me off when some reviewers say the music is bad.

I've listened to the vocal songs of the OST so many times by now. The music is great and perfectly matches the action.

Defunkled

Finally got my Platinum trophy! Left analog stick RIP.

image18shc.jpg

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
They are, thus why I said take them with a huge grain of salt. But the only numbers there that are suspect are the US ones. And La Li Lu Le Lo has the US week 1 numbers actually a bit lower than Japans numbers, so for all we know the real number could end up being higher.

Eh, I got excited, but really that site's numbers aren't even worth mentioning.

Honestly, I don't think the game is selling as well in the U.S. as in Japan. I reaaallly hope I'm wrong, and I'm only anecdotally basing this on popularity charts on Amazon.com and the like.

joe2187

Banned
Don't you worry you'll be told exactly what to do
I give my people the lives they need, the righteous will succeed!

WUBB WUBBB WUBBB WUBBB

shuri

Banned
I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of variety in ennemies; the ones we have are fines, but I expecting stuff like more people in mecha-ish suits, more variety. I'm still not done with the game but
i just reached the lag where you fight Mystrial and Monsoon's replacement bodies
and I was kinda meh at
how generic and easy to predict.
. Considering how wild the designs could get, its surprising that there isnt a lot of variety so far.

gdt

The music was ok I guess. Just kind generic Japanese rock most of the time. The orchestral parts were okay too. It was all ok...nothing really stands out. Least its not as bad as Bayonetta's music.

joe2187

Banned
The music was ok I guess. Just kind generic Japanese rock most of the time. The orchestral parts were okay too. It was all ok...nothing really stands out. Least its not as bad as Bayonetta's music.

Are we listening to the same musics?

demidar

Next thing you're gonna tell me is Fly Me To The Moon is a shitty Jpop song.

Top Bottom