• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Wow, Sam totally wrecked my shit. I can't parry his attacks for shit. I ate through all my nanopaste to get the bastard. And this is only on Hard lol...

Sam was weird for me. His fight was easier than Monsoon's to NoDam-S, but his two or three combos sure as hell weren't. I could only perfect parry one intentionally.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I think this game would be much better for a select few that don't get parries if it was better explained. I play a lot of fighting games, so I picked up on how it works fairly quickly, but I can see how it can frustrating. If they had said that smashing the stick in the direction of the attack and hitting weak attack parried, It would maybe make more sense. Having to go back to neutral to start a parry can be a little confusing to people when not properly explained.

Couple a proper parry tutorial with blade wolf being a trial by fire would be a perfect lesson to drill it into people's heads.

That said, once you "get" it, the game on Normal becomes insanely easy, as you can start parrying attacks from all sides and Zandatsu multiple people at a time. Not that I mind. It's fucking badass.

On normal, I probably took only one or two hits from Sam, and just parried the shit out of him the rest of the time. I can't wait to finish the game and try again on a harder difficulty.

RangerBAD

I think this game would be much better for a select few that don't get parries if it was better explained. I play a lot of fighting games, so I picked up on how it works fairly quickly, but I can see how it can frustrating. If they had said that smashing the stick in the direction of the attack and hitting weak attack parried, It would maybe make more sense. Having to go back to neutral to start a parry can be a little confusing to people when not properly explained.

Couple a proper parry tutorial with blade wolf being a trial by fire would be a perfect lesson to drill it into people's heads.

That said, once you "get" it, the game on Normal becomes insanely easy, as you can start parrying attacks from all sides and Zandatsu multiple people at a time. Not that I mind. It's fucking badass.

On normal, I probably took only one or two hits from Sam, and just parried the shit out of him the rest of the time. I can't wait to finish the game and try again on a harder difficulty.

One reviewer (Angry Joe) thought Parry was an exploit. lol

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
One reviewer (Angry Joe) thought Parry was an exploit. lol

Oooof course he did.

For some reason his videos kept being recommended to me on Youtube. Manually removed each one from my feed, hope it caught on.

RangerBAD

Oooof course he did.

For some reason his videos kept being recommended to me on Youtube. Manually removed each one from my feed, hope it caught on.

I had a good laugh when he listed the exploit as a con and game breaking. Bad as the guys who couldn't look in Help or didn't know there was a dodge move.

HardRojo

I'm loving this game, just beat Sundowner but Monsoon's battle was the highlight for me, I still need to go through Sam and whoever the final boss is so there's still a chance to top Monsoon's battle but that's gonna be hard.
Also: - Raiden, you need to take a DOOMP.
-I- wait what!?

I'm starting to see why everyone thinks that the camera is flawed.

It kind of is a lot of moments of the game, but the rest of the time its pretty manageable.

If you're fighting more than one big UG in a cramped location, you're fucked.

ZeroRay

I'm starting to see why everyone thinks that the camera is flawed.

It kind of is a lot of moments of the game, but the rest of the time its pretty manageable.

If you're fighting more than one big UG in a cramped location, you're fucked.

Camera problems become more apparent on Very Hard+ when fighting multiple large, fast enemies on the regular.

Mastiffs that straight up teleport on you from off-screen and one-hit kill your ass

fuck you, Platinum
LLShC.gif

Mastiffs that jump through the floor are the worst.

Real talk, I was trying to S-rank the elevator staircase fight. And I heard the Mastiffs coming, so I backed up to the elevator, thinking it'd be easier to fight them if I get them in that bottleneck. Mastiff FLEW vertically up the stairs and then HORIZONTALLY across the hallway in less than a second, I shit you not. I just laughed so hard and the ridiculousness of it all.

I had a good laugh when he listed the exploit as a con and game breaking. Bad as the guys who couldn't look in Help or didn't know there was a dodge move.

I lost total interest in what the man had to say since his DmC review. It wasn't the fact he liked it, it was what he liked it for. It was clear dude is a scrub when it comes to these types of games.

THREE MASTIFFS IN A CLOSET.

PLATINUM WHY!?

When Doktor opens that elevator in the lobby while doing that R-04 fight, the game glitched on me once in Revengeance mode and the elevator didn't move, even though I was all the way inside.

Why you ask?

Because I ran in there to get away from the two Mastiffs and those assholes instant transmissioned in there and I guess the game just broke.

Funnily enough I actually won the fight (i.e. just swung Bloodlust around with no regard for absolutely anything), but I had to restart anyway because---you know---the elevator wouldn't fucking move.

But boy, if you ever want to see Revengeance's horrid camera go Super Saiyan 3 with its terribleness, get caught in an elevator with two Mastiffs.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Real talk, I was trying to S-rank the elevator staircase fight. And I heard the Mastiffs coming, so I backed up to the elevator, thinking it'd be easier to fight them if I get them in that bottleneck. Mastiff FLEW vertically up the stairs and then HORIZONTALLY across the hallway in less than a second, I shit you not. I just laughed so hard and the ridiculousness of it all.
OH GOD I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN

I'll admit, I jumped outta my seat when that happened :lol

Perfec7

Banned
Just finish the game on Hard and save yourself the 160 points. You get the MGS4 costume without the helmet.

But the helmet is the BEST PART.

I almost never buy DLC for games, especially costumes, but getting the MGS4 Raiden skin made this game that much more enjoyable for me.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Mastiffs aren't a problem anymore, because I got my Fox Blade now. huehuehuehuehue they might as well jump into a grinder.

Let me ask you something: Those robots weren't kids, but they were sentient AI. You ever think about them when you're chopping them into hamburger?

zainetor

Banned
their sky drop attack is beyond broken. They just spam it over and over even if you are in a fucking closet. And their grab is weird, sometimes I manage to escape with dodge, sometimes They just grab me.
I like that!

You gotta have bladewolf level neurons before I give two shits about you

Sure, they're robots. Sure, they signed up for this. Right on the dotted line of their PMC contract.

Usually they're no strangers to war. In fact, many times they've already lost a part or two. Many times were out of oil and starving on the street. So yes...they sign up for combat to fight god-knows-where for God-knows-who. How else would you provide for your robot family when your country's embroiled in civil war?

Pain receptors shut down, pumped full of fear-inhibiting nanomachines and sent right into the blender...YOUR blender...

...but they've made their choice, right?

DrBo42

Started playing it on Friday on PS3, after a few hours I love it. The game doesn't really do a good job of teaching you new things so far, it just throws you in and says "Go for it." I can appreciate that to an extent but oh well. I find myself just standing still trying to parry everyone/everything and I can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong. Can you shift to a parry mid-combo?

Started playing it on Friday on PS3, after a few hours I love it. The game doesn't really do a good job of teaching you new things so far, it just throws you in and says "Go for it." I can appreciate that to an extent but oh well. I find myself just standing still trying to parry everyone/everything and I can't help but feel I'm doing it wrong. Can you shift to a parry mid-combo?

You can cancel almost anything into a parry. Rising is about constant offense, never stop attacking, parry when enemies attack, then resume your offense.

Jintor

Sure, they're robots. Sure, they signed up for this. Right on the dotted line of their PMC contract.

Usually they're no strangers to war. In fact, many times they've already lost a part or two. Many times were out of oil and starving on the street. So yes...they sign up for combat to fight god-knows-where for God-knows-who. How else would you provide for your robot family when your country's embroiled in civil war?

Pain receptors shut down, pumped full of fear-inhibiting nanomachines and sent right into the blender...YOUR blender...

...but they've made their choice, right?

They have less capacity to give a shit than a dog does.

DrBo42

You can cancel almost anything into a parry. Rising is about constant offense, never stop attacking, parry when enemies attack, then resume your offense.
Thanks. Do you find yourself just locking a target and pressing the attack without the movement thumbstick? I ask because I tend to push towards my intended target subconsciously and end up doing that incredibly long block animation when they start to attack.

demidar

When I was running through VR-18 I got up to the two mastiff wave. In this particular VR mission, enemies have Revengeance levels of damage and you have no upgrades which means one-hit kill. I got trapped by the two mastiffs in a wall, one of them was continually slamming me, the other was continually trying to grab me and the while my camera was going fucking crazy. This is why I hate mastiffs.

Top Bottom