• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Sephzilla

Possible Vita Port?

1FXgA5Z.jpg

Sam DLC trophies are up too

That has to be an error or something.

MGR on Vita is like the worst possible scenario, being able to Zandatsu ANYWHERE. ANYTIME. Say goodbye to my free time them.

Also, you'd be able to beat the game faster than the Vita's battery can lose a charge. HUEHUEHUE :)

PusherT

Mistrel was by far the coolest boss fight in the game IMO. She had the coolest weapon polearm and the the setting was really awesome. "Don't fuck with me boy!!"

PusherT

So I'm a lightning god, but the Dwarf Gekko trophy is still being an asshole (I've definitely done it twice).

How do you get that 1 dwarf gecko before the Mistral battle in the oil refinery. I can see the bnasted but don't know of a way to get over to him to Zanadtsu that ass.

Deitus

How do you get that 1 dwarf gecko before the Mistral battle in the oil refinery. I can see the bnasted but don't know of a way to get over to him to Zanadtsu that ass.

Are you talking about humanoid dwarf gekkos? Because there are none in Mistral's stage. The first one is in the sewers, in the level after Mistral.

Maybe you are thinking of the one before the Sundowner fight. In that case, shoot him with a rocket or two to take him out.

Sephzilla

I already have the Humanoid Gekko trophy but here's a question I wanted to ask, just because it peaked my curiousity. If you attack one of the Humanoid Gekko's and you only destroy one of the two Dwarf Gekkos and the other half just dissapears (similar to what de-limbed cyborgs do), does that still count as killing one of the Humanoid Gekkos? I only ask because in a few videos I've seen on teh youtubez I've seen one half of the H-Gekko survive (for example, the one right before Sundowner)

OSHAN

So I'm about to start my Revengeance S-Rank run. I have Murasama maxed out, along with Health and Fuel Cells, and all the boss weapons maxed. I do not have Infinite Blade Mode wig unlocked, however. Is that something I should get before attempting Revengeance S-Rank?

Also, when going for all S-Ranks, if you fuck up, and hit restart after receiving say, an A rank, so it start you back at the battle, or are you fucked, and have to start at the beginning of the mission?

Arozay

Are you talking about humanoid dwarf gekkos? Because there are none in Mistral's stage. The first one is in the sewers, in the level after Mistral.

Maybe you are thinking of the one before the Sundowner fight. In that case, shoot him with a rocket or two to take him out.
There's one to the left of Mistral (even listed on the IGN guide), but it never respawned after the initial kill so I don't think it counts. If I remember it was standing on an unreachable silo, you just had to shoot it.

I already have the Humanoid Gekko trophy but here's a question I wanted to ask, just because it peaked my curiousity. If you attack one of the Humanoid Gekko's and you only destroy one of the two Dwarf Gekkos and the other half just dissapears (similar to what de-limbed cyborgs do), does that still count as killing one of the Humanoid Gekkos? I only ask because in a few videos I've seen on teh youtubez I've seen one half of the H-Gekko survive (for example, the one right before Sundowner)
On the run that got me the trophy, I only destroyed the top one before Sundowner and the other despawned but I got the credit for it. I was on easy so I couldn't maximize damage on it since the first rocket 'killed' it. Usually a complete kill shows up as 4 or 3.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm about to start my Revengeance S-Rank run. I have Murasama maxed out, along with Health and Fuel Cells, and all the boss weapons maxed. I do not have Infinite Blade Mode wig unlocked, however. Is that something I should get before attempting Revengeance S-Rank?

Also, when going for all S-Ranks, if you fuck up, and hit restart after receiving say, an A rank, so it start you back at the battle, or are you fucked, and have to start at the beginning of the mission?

I think infinite subweapon wig is infinitely more useful.

When in doubt, spam smoke grenades.

Bedlam

Is it futile to hope that the Sam and Bladewolf DLC will come with new music tracks?

I think you should. It really helps.

The rank screen is always the last possibility to hit start and retry an encounter. If it's gone, that's your new checkpoint.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Is it futile to hope that the Sam and Bladewolf DLC will come with new music tracks?

Probably, there's a track or two on the soundtrack marked DLC. It's probably just those tracks along with some of the older ones.

RangerBAD

I did it without any wigs, so it's really up to you.

Chairhome

That has to be an error or something.

MGR on Vita is like the worst possible scenario, being able to Zandatsu ANYWHERE. ANYTIME. Say goodbye to my free time them.

Also, you'd be able to beat the game faster than the Vita's battery can lose a charge. HUEHUEHUE :)

Touch screen Zandatsu.

Sephzilla

So, according to the NPD, DmC sold under 50k copies in February. Should we expect a similar thing for Revengeance come March's NPD numbers?

V

Vilix

Unconfirmed Member
I love this thread is still going strong. Game is fantastic. Just finished my 5th play through. It's got a great arcade feel IMO. :)

Sephzilla

Maybe they updated the Platinum trophy to be the "Lightning God" achievement? That sounds a bit more appropriate for that trophy anyway.

I had so much difficulty with the final fight because I forgot I could move the camera while in sword mode. I'd just repeat the same mistake over and over for hours. Tried it again this morning and got it on the second try. I honestly thought the game was bugged.

Top Bottom