• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

vr mission 18

halp pls

Pray

Actually, round 2: run from the mastiffs and bait them into doing the wall-jump or dropkick attacks. Parry those to stun them, then use the finisher.

round 3: attack the bladewolf first. Stay close to it using the forward>forward triangle/Y move over and over. If you get too far away, it'll use the laser which is about a three-hit kill and is too fast to reliably dodge repeatedly. After that, you can use the aerial charged pincer move to take out all/most of the dwarf gekkos, or run around with the pole-arm while staying out of reach of the heavies. You can either use the charged pincer strike-combo to stumble the heavies or use the charged sai to stun one, then switch back and forth between the pincers. The latter is a bit safer since it's easier to keep track of one at a time. during charged pincer attacks, you take less damage, so if you get hit during those, you can survive. Make sure you hold the button before each attack and release so the hammer strikes hit you while attacking.

Round 4: switch to the sai and take out the d. gekkos, then once the GRAD appears, hit it with the sai to stun it, then keep attacking it. The sai should flash again once the GRAD is about to stand up, indicating that you can stun it again. Repeat until it's dead.

Are there any good guides out there to finding all the unlockables and boxed dudes and VR missions and wigs and shit? Like chapter by chapter, step by step. I suck at hide and seek.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any good guides out there to finding all the unlockables and boxed dudes and VR missions and wigs and shit? Like chapter by chapter, step by step. I suck at hide and seek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSKd1WZveTQ

Everything but the Endurance Cells by chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8oZNiOTnkE

The Endurance Cells

Anybody have any tips for S ranking Sam on Revengence? I keep getting no damage but only getting A rank.

If you don't mind using wigs:

Use infinite blade mode and rack up the 50 hit bonus on him in the last QTE(when you have to hit his sword to end the fight)

That's the easiest way

Sephzilla

Anybody have any tips for S ranking Sam on Revengence? I keep getting no damage but only getting A rank.

Collect the nanopaste that drop from the crates that are in that level (located near some rocks usually). They give you just enough BP to boost you up to S. Otherwise if you feel confident, try to land a huge combo on Sam.

vr mission 18

halp pls
The only thing I don't have a consistent answer for is the Fenrir in wave 3, but I'm sure some easier strategy has come out for that. Otherwise:

Wave 1: Ninja run to the right, have the Gekko charge towards you then QTE him to death, clean up the minis however you want. If the Gekko doesn't charge immediately I'd just restart.

Wave 2: I wait for the Mastiffs to do their wall jump and parry counter it, otherwise I'm just ninja running away from them until they do that or run up and attempt a dropkick, which is also fairly easy to parry counter.

Wave 3: Pray. Stay close enough to the Fenrir that he's not going to rail you from the opposite end of the arena, hope you can parry counter one of his charges before anything else gets you. If you manage to take it down, use L'Etranger on the Hammer Bros and keep your distance.

Wave 4: Just use Monsoon's Dystopia on the GRAD to stun it, do a combo, stun, combo, stun, combo. Easiest wave of the bunch.

Hypron

You can just run away from him until he does his charging slash attack (don't run too far away or he'll do the jump attack), dodge it and stinger him (forward forward y). Blade mode cancel that, and run away again, rinse and repeat. Once you get him to around 70% health you'll get to the part where you need to disarm him. When you go in blade mode, don't hit his sword right away, slash his body until you get a nice 40/50 hit combo.

After that, hit him until he picks his sword back up and start running away from him again (he won't use any of his special moves that way).

It's a lame technique but it works. And it's fairly simple.

If you damage him enough to initiate the "knock his sword out of his hand," attack which, if you block it, he'll recoil and you can just avoid hitting his hand, then keep attacking him in blade mode. He'll keep doing this until his health drops beyond that threshold (somewhere around 70 percent).

I've used the stick-slashing which can be a little faster than button pressing. I've gotten 50 hits after three of those moments, one with a full fuel cell bar and about two more times after that with the extra fuel you get from blocking that attack. I've managed to skip his weaponless phase occasionally.

Before that, just get two nanopastes. Make sure you already have 5 when you pick them up to get enough bonus. I did all this and got no-damage in order to get the S rank.

Actually did manage to kill Sam without him dropping his sword during my Revengeance S run, and I got a high enough score for the S from the time bonus instead of the combo or BP bonuses. Definitely an AI fluke, though, and I haven't been able to make him repeat it.

katkombat

Banned
I would love for that to be true. Codec conversations and all.

"Meow meow mrrow"

"Ha, sir yes sir!"

Holy shit I died laughing at this and I don't know why....

Sam DLC looks great, but I'm not sure how they will change the combat up for the bladewolf DLC once that hits. Oh well it is Platty, I guess.

RedAssedApe

Banned
George...worst fucking character since Johnny Sasaki (MGS4 version). WTF with that voice acting.

If you have trouble with the cutting, you could also try using control scheme B. That way, you orient your slashes with the left stick and move the camera with the right stick. You can then use the face buttons to do the cutting, which enables you to be more precise. I don't know why that's not the default control scheme, it's a lot more natural and practical to use imo.

Thanks again for the suggestion. I switched to control type B and immediately got the hang of cutting, got my nanopastes, and beat Armstrong.

Does anyone know a effective strategy for beating the spider robot on very hard?

All his attacks do block damage so you're going to have to evade everything. For the lasers, just run away from him (towards the camera) to the edge of the area; the horizontal swipes can't reach that far and the vertical ones are pretty easy to dodge, and it isn't an issue until you need to zandatsu the gekkos and do 60+ hits on his head for the S-rank.

Endo Punk

After several hours I finallly got the no damage trophy for Monsoon. Man, forget the Senator this was just plain insane! Definitely the hardest boss to get no damage on imo, couldn't even rely on heavy parry damage because I was playing on V.Hard. Well, Mistral and Sam left and I don't think they will cause as many problems.

BTW I need to know if you can fast forward codec conversations, listen through various playthroughs and still get the trophy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm an idiot. I just realized that during the
Sam
fight the vocals only play while
Sam has his sword.

Awesome.

God dammit, got Monsoon to 13% with no damage on V. Hard difficulty, then failed to slice one of the 6 trucks/planes he threw at me. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

What's the best way to run away from the trucks without getting hit?

Endo Punk

God dammit, got Monsoon to 13% with no damage on V. Hard difficulty, then failed to slice one of the 6 trucks/planes he threw at me. WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO ME?

What's the best way to run away from the trucks without getting hit?

Just got no damage on Monsoon a few hours ago and I can tell you it's quite difficult to avoid the final throws he does, there are just so many you are bound to get hit by 1 at least. Best bet is to get as far from him as possible and just blade mode slice away and do your best not to get hit. Long Sword has bigger range and helped me out a lot though it shouldn't be a problem with Sam's or Raidens main blade if you're accurate.

demidar

Honestly the only times I ever needed them on my S Rank run were for Monsoon and the start of R-04

On second thoughts, yeah it would be pretty easy simply because of those goddamn shears. Beginning of R-04 would be a lot better if they removed that invisible wall.

Top Bottom