• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

abrack08

I considered it a luxury and was very thankful for something like that to be implemented.

I was fine referencing in and out of game materials before it though, and will be fine now. Not ever game is going to have something like that.

I disagree. For the exact reasons I already explained.

This argument is just going to go in circles if I restate them. So like I proposed in my previous post, let's just agree to disagree.

also there's that indignation I was talking about. You shouldn't have to read the game's documents when you can't find something immediately!!

Uh, that's not indignation. You seem to have constructed some narrative in your mind where I'm somebody who's played this game and was mad that I couldn't find the move list, and now I'm complaining about it vehemently online. This started with me saying I understood where the guy was coming from and then you somewhat-stealthily insulting me. Then, any rebuttal is just met with "agree to disagree." Yeah, maybe before you implied I was some lazy dude who thinks it's TOO MUCH WORK to look online for something, which is not at all what I originally said. If I'm indignant about anything, it's that.

It's not like it's a Platinum Staple to not have a move list. They clearly added one to the game, on purpose, so people could see... what the moves are. Duh. So they thought it was necessary to add, or it enhanced the experience or whatever you want to say. Then, they put this feature in an odd spot where apparently not very many people are looking. They also, apparently, never tell you this exists, nor did they put it in a typically named section ("abilities", "moves", whatever).

I honestly don't see how you can say that's not a poor choice. It seems like you're just arguing for the "less handholding" side, which I generally agree with, and therefore are against anyone complaining about anything being hard to find, which is ridiculous.

Do you even know what's in the manual, anyway? I don't, but I feel like there's a good chance it's one of those lame 1-2 page ones that doesn't actually have useful information on it, so it's probably not even there. And the game isn't out yet, so there's probably not a whole lot of information about where the move list is out there. First result is a GameFAQS topic with people basically making their own. In a game that (secretly) has one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Why would MGO be in an ACTION game?

and MGO sucks anyway. Kojipro would be better off focusing on their singleplayer efforts over that any day.

I think Kojipro LA is doing the next MGO, or something like it. I think that's a best case scenario. That way Kojipro JP can focus on SP and story while the LA studio can spend a lot more time on MGO than Kojipro JP were able to last time around.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Sure am seeing a whole bunch of finish screens.

On normal.

jett

D-Member
Oh for fuck's sake, what am I supposed to do with mission 2's boss on very hard?

fucking rockets and bullets out of fucking nowhere

Nobody will ever be able to do a straight run through of this game without getting hit.

RS4-

You playing with a wig?

Nah trying my luck without it. How many are there anyway? I only have the item and fuel one.

For those expecting a lot of unlock able moves, don't expect much.

I tried to do the no damage boss achievement...lots of restarting and no luck lol. At least I'm sure that was an achievement

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, hype is way too high for this. Considering burning through the rest of DmC tonight just to scratch the itch, but I'm not sure.

Shancake

The final boss battle is SO hard... It feels like its taking me longer than the rest of the game put together.... It's pretty fair though, it just takes a lot of skill which i've found the rest of the game doesn't really equire. The camera doesn't really help either

jett

D-Member
Damn, hype is way too high for this. Considering burning through the rest of DmC tonight just to scratch the itch, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of DmC, that game feels like it's in slow motion compared to MGR. MGR is just stupid fast. You might even say it plays at

ludicrousspeed.png

Speaking of DmC, that game feels like it's in slow motion compared to MGR. MGR is just stupid fast. You might even say it plays at

ludicrousspeed.png

If there could be one more contrast from DmC to mention in the OP, I'd want this. Doesn't mean I dislike DmC's speed so much as that makes me LOVE MGR's speed.

Between still playing DmC and just getting into Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, getting MGR might burn me out of melee action games. Then next month is God of War? Great year for this genre!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I tried to do the no damage boss achievement...lots of restarting and no luck lol. At least I'm sure that was an achievement

there is. but it's just on hard.

You're a beast if you're trying to pull that shit off on Revengeance

I feel this discussion has run its course for this thread.

I think any further discussion would be better in its own dedicated topic, since there seem to be strong opinions on either side.

I also want to apologize. I didn't intend to attack you personally and I'm sorry I came off that way. If you want to continue this in PM to get this off your chest I'll respond to that, but I don't really want to discuss this further myself.

Dahbomb

Oh for fuck's sake, what am I supposed to do with mission 2's boss on very hard?

fucking rockets and bullets out of fucking nowhere

Nobody will ever be able to do a straight run through of this game without getting hit.
Someone will do it for sure. Pretty sure ninja run allows you to deflect bullets no?

jett

D-Member

There is no "no damage on boss" trophy. I perfected bladewolf on hard(6500 points), it gave me nothing.

Someone will do it for sure. Pretty sure ninja run allows you to deflect bullets no?

Sort of, but it doesn't help when you're in the middle of a regular combo or even blade mode and you get hit in the back. There's too much stuff like this in the game. This reworked very hard mission 2 boss...I'd like to see someone perfect it.

Getting a good pattern on Bladewolf took me hours upon hours of playing the demo, personally I'll leave that to the crazies to attempt on every single encounter in the game.

Between still playing DmC and just getting into Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, getting MGR might burn me out of melee action games. Then next month is God of War? Great year for this genre!

LOS2 might have some amazing stuff

Im also interested to see what happens with Yaiba: NGZ

Hell Im even looking forward to deadpool.

Come Xmas my wallet will be in tears.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
There is no "no damage on boss" trophy. I perfected bladewolf on hard(6500 points), it gave me nothing.

There's one for all the named Desperado bosses. Not just one in general I think

Tansut

Is the Cyborg Ninja DLC and the art book worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for or should I just pick it up at Fry's for $50?

Mostly I wonder about the artbook because I figure the Cyborg Ninja will become available to everyone for a few bucks eventually.

RS4-

I'm sure its doable because
I think I've taken off huge chunks of life with the perfect parry because of max damage upgrade to Sam's sword

It's just all the other shit on the screen that makes it hard. I got hit twice for the Chapter 1 boss fight.

Then again, I don't want to think about the other boss fights; they were painful enough on normal lol.

Anyway, I think my biggest gripe with the game is the lack of moves; I guess that's probably why there isn't a DMC/Bayonetta grade system for combos. Oh and lack of on the fly weapon switching haha.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I think completing the bosses with no damage will be like Jeanne in Bayonetta

Kill them fast before they have a chance to do shit. Like with the rocket launcher or something else with really high burst damage.

or depending on the boss there will probably be methods to lock them down in something to prevent them from taking any action.(at least until the transition to the next stage of the fight)

I know methods like that already exist for bladewolf. Only a matter of time until people find stuff for the rest of them.

Basically play cheap, not hard.

jett

D-Member
btw worst trophy aside from S-ranking Revengeance is undoubtedly the "listen to most codec calls" WTF is this.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
btw worst trophy aside from S-ranking Revengeance is undoubtedly the "listen to most codec calls" WTF is this.

Lol

gonna wait for my guide before attempting all those completionist ones. I'll probably try and find all the hidden acts on my own, but I've never had patience for finding collectibles in these games.

I'm sure nothing could be worse than the fucking Pangloss statues in Vanquish

I think completing the bosses with no damage will be like Jeanne in Bayonetta

Kill them fast before they have a chance to do shit. Like with the rocket launcher or something else with really high burst damage.

or depending on the boss there will probably be methods to lock them down in something to prevent them from taking any action.(at least until the transition to the next stage of the fight)

I know methods like that already exist for bladewolf. Only a matter of time until people find stuff for the rest of them.

Basically play cheap, not hard.

Plus you only have to do it on hard, there's 2 extra difficulties after. Probably attainable with some practice.

Is the Cyborg Ninja DLC and the art book worth pre-ordering at Gamestop for or should I just pick it up at Fry's for $50?

Mostly I wonder about the artbook because I figure the Cyborg Ninja will become available to everyone for a few bucks eventually.

Coming from someone who works at GS, no. Save the money at Fry's. The artbook is a flimsy 25 page book.

chrono01

If anyone feels the need to "Revengeance-ify" my avatar, I will not say no. I can freely admit that a Revengeanced Chrono would be quite the sight to behold.

You would have my eternal thanks for doing so, but I completely understand if no one wants to. I'm just asking in-case there are some talented people here who are bored and have some free time to kill.

Top Bottom