• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Tain

Has anybody played this on a Japanese 360 yet? I'm assuming it's region-free, but I would love to know.

Would be hilarious if this was censored like RE6. Has no reason to be, due to the lack of a Japanese 360 release, but you never know!

Carbonox

Why did GAME just send me a 'GAME Preorder!' email containing my preorder details for Rising? WHY DID YOU GET ME HYPED FOR A DISPATCH NOTIFICATION ONLY TO SHOW ME NOTHING BUT THE PAYMENT DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE ORDER CONFIRMATION AND PREORDER CONFIRMATION EMAILS THAT I GOT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO?!

ibsxdgSsMIQ7b6.gif

fml EU you suck.

Slermy

I don't mean to have two posts so close together but...

Sometimes preorder codes don't work right away if the content isn't available. If you got it on PS3, it may not be available until the PS store updates tonight (even though it won't be available for purchase, assumably)

I just got back from Gamestop and they said to wait until at least around midday. They are aware of the preorder codes not working, and my store is offering to replace the codes if I run into any trouble.

My 360 code isn't working either. Will try again later today, but went ahead and contacted customer support.

very excited to play this tonight. platinum games has yet to let me down. gonna be a long last 3 hours of work :/

anyone on ps3 giving impressions? most seem to go with 360....

DomLando

For anyone who didn't get their artbook from Gamestop, they did not have it at my local Gamestop when I picked up my game this morning but they did just get them in from Fed Ex. So I would call your Gamestop and see if they got them in around midday.

zroid

Banned
I do have to say, the steelbook is actually very nice. One of the best I've seen, for sure. The front has an attractive matte sheen to it, while the reverse is quite elegant, and the interior is decent.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
My Gamestop code worked fine. Sucks I have to BUY it to use it though... =/

What's all this artbook talk about? Did that come with a basic preorder or was it a limited edition type of deal?

It was a basic pre-order thing. I got the art book, flipped through it 2 minutes, thought, "This is some nice artwork!" and now will likely never look at it again. *shrug*

DLC code worked though(PS3)

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Holy shit this lamp cool, way bigger than I thought.

Anyway, with the game just about done installing, it's officially TIME TO LEAVE THEM ALL BEHIIIIND.

I called my GameStop yesterday to see if they were doing a midnight launch for MGR and they said they weren't. I had boughten it there so that i could get the Shinkawa art book. So this morning i went there as soon as they opened and the guy said they ran out of the books from the midnight launch. He said the midnight opening was a last minute thing. I usually dont get upset at these sort of things, but i just feel like i was lied to. I was so pissed.

chrono01

Well I just received my Limited Edition from EBGames...

Jzl0VQh.jpg

WgOLpLU.jpg

W6ZAhau.jpg

I've already contacted EBGames.ca Support. We'll see what they can do.

I paid for Express shipping too. -_-

Kaizer

Banned
To anyone who ordered from Gamestop: Is the Grey Fox code sent via email or is it in the package? Just asking cause Gamestop hasn't sent me an email with the code yet and UPS won't be here till this evening.

EDIT: Whoa, sorry to see that chrono01, hopefully you can get a refund or get it exchanged.

KillGore

To anyone who ordered from Gamestop: Is the Grey Fox code sent via email or is it in the package? Just asking cause Gamestop hasn't sent me an email with the code yet and UPS won't be here till this evening.

EDIT: Whoa, sorry to see that chrono01, hopefully you can get a refund or get it exchanged.

Picked mine up in stores and it was on the receipt, so maybe email?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I can hold my own somewhat in these types of games, but when it came to those dogs in the demo I just couldn't figure out what the game wanted me to do.

Can someone explain to me the correct strategy to use against those things?

I called my GameStop yesterday to see if they were doing a midnight launch for MGR and they said they weren't. I had boughten it there so that i could get the Shinkawa art book. So this morning i went there as soon as they opened and the guy said they ran out of the books from the midnight launch. He said the midnight opening was a last minute thing. I usually dont get upset at these sort of things, but i just feel like i was lied to. I was so pissed.

where was this? I have a feeling where i pre-ordered, this was the case -__-

chrono01

Thanks guys.

I'm hopeful that they can find a replacement for me, but I'm trying to be realistic about it. If only the website had stock it wouldn't be an issue. Considering how excited I was for this it's even more depressing. :(

Sparse

Why did GAME just send me a 'GAME Preorder!' email containing my preorder details for Rising? WHY DID YOU GET ME HYPED FOR A DISPATCH NOTIFICATION ONLY TO SHOW ME NOTHING BUT THE PAYMENT DETAILS CONTAINED IN THE ORDER CONFIRMATION AND PREORDER CONFIRMATION EMAILS THAT I GOT A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO?!

ibsxdgSsMIQ7b6.gif

fml EU you suck.

Had the same. Thought It'd set up another order for some reason. Checked and there's been one charge at the price I got Rising for.

Aaand joy of joys the guide is still 'TBD'.

Well, I did end up getting this on PS3. Sounds like frame rate on PS3 is still lower in the final version and V-Sync on 360 seems to have been fixed since the demo according to DF / Eurogamer.

Oh well, seems either one has it's +'s and -'s. and am happy that I've got the version with the best image quality as well as early accesss to the extra VR missions.

At first I didn't get the art book either, I had actually forgotten about it till I was about to leave the mall. Walked back in and asked, the employee behind the counter didn't know what I was talking about, but the manager overheard and said he completely forgot about them. He came out with like three and handed one to me. Either they're pretty limited or my store just didn't have many copies reserved.

I'm hopeful that they can find a replacement for me, but I'm trying to be realistic about it. If only the website had stock it wouldn't be an issue.
Bummer. Best of luck, man. Anyone else receive a damaged LE?

bryehn

Really like what I've seen so far, it's definitely Metal Gear and I'm using stealth whenever I can. I'm just not sure I get parrying though.

Do I push towards the enemy attacking me or mimic the direction of their attack is coming from? Maybe my timing just sucks. I already want to redo the "first" level now that I understand the combat better.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Really like what I've seen so far, it's definitely Metal Gear and I'm using stealth whenever I can. I'm just not sure I get parrying though.

Do I push towards the enemy attacking me or mimic the direction of their attack is coming from? Maybe my timing just sucks. I already want to redo the "first" level now that I understand the combat better.

Push towards the body of the enemy. I find sometimes you have to do it at the last second. I always went too early. I've started to really get it as I've hit the later parts of the game.

RS4-

You parry towards the enemy.

Bebpo

Banned
Where will be a good place to find out if the Japanese PS3 version is region-locked like its demo was?

I dunno if anyone here is buying the J-version and has a US PS3 to test it on...

zroid

Banned

Well, shit :(

I don't think any amount of mishandling could have broken that lamp, it was packed with so much styrofoam, it should've been practically indestructible. It was probably busted when it was packaged. If EB won't help you, maybe Konami will?

Just finished my first Hard playthrough, end game time counter says 6 hours and 31 minutes, save file says 9 hours 21 minutes total play time, did not skip any cut scenes and did not rush through any section, killed everyone I came across and took the time to do some exploring/collectible hunt too.

Another thing I notice is that I've only unlocked Very Hard mode, not Revengeance difficulty. I'm guessing I'll have to beat Very Hard to unlock Revengeance? Or is there a specific requirement?

Played about 2 hours (as I am thankfully on reading week and did all my homework early).

This is a game that does not care about plausibility. It honestly makes DmC look pretty damn victorian in terms of sheer audacity. It's so balls out crazy, that it reminds me of Asura's Wrath except you control just about all of it. It's just nice to have crazy, insane games at a time when it seems like you have to have thought provoking narrative to have any kind of value.

Good show, Platinum.

Tried to redeem my Fox DLC code on xbox.com.

"There is a problem associated with the offer associated with this code."

What the hell?
When I picked up my copy, the store manager mention the dlc is not up or something. But the code for grey fox worked on ps3. Maybe it's just an Xbox issues right now.

Tried to redeem my Fox DLC code on xbox.com.

"There is a problem associated with the offer associated with this code."

What the hell?

Yup, when I picked up my regular edition at Gamestop just right now, the guy said there are issues at the moment and to wait 24-48 hours until you can redeem it. 360 version here.

I had to ask for my artbook too. It's nothing fancy, it's kind of like promotional material that gets passed out at E3.

Ugh... sorry to hear that man. Hope they ship you a brand new one ASAP.

Just found out my LE will not arrive till Friday... DAMN YOU BESTBUY.COM! Guess it's kind of my fault for pre-ordering it last minute.

chrono01

Well, shit :(

I don't think any amount of mishandling could have broken that lamp, it was packed with so much styrofoam, it should've been practically indestructible. It was probably busted when it was packaged. If EB won't help you, maybe Konami will?

I'll definitely give Konami an email should EBGames not be able to do anything.

It was odd, as you say, considering how well packed it was. It had to be a mistake at the assembly line. There's no other explanation. :(

Ugh... sorry to hear that man. Hope they ship you a brand new one ASAP.

Just found out my LE will not arrive till Friday... DAMN YOU BESTBUY.COM! Guess it's kind of my fault for pre-ordering it last minute.

Thanks. I'm trying to remain patient about it all, but now I'm not even sure if I should open/play my copy of the game since I'll [more than likely] have to return it.

It's just sitting at me...staring. Oh the temptation!

Feindflug

Played about 2 hours (as I am thankfully on reading week and did all my homework early).

This is a game that does not care about plausibility. It honestly makes DmC look pretty damn victorian in terms of sheer audacity. It's so balls out crazy, that it reminds me of Asura's Wrath except you control just about all of it. It's just nice to have crazy, insane games at a time when it seems like you have to have thought provoking narrative to have any kind of value.

Good show, Platinum.

I was thinking the same thing after completing the first level, I recently played Asura's Wrath (loved it!) and Revengeance is crazy-over the top awesomeness as well.

Both games make me go :O and :D all the time...and I love when games make me feel like a little kid again, it's a quite rare feeling these days. Platinum = <3.

Naar

I'm in Canada so hopefully it's fine across NA.

Edit: Contest over!

/!\Impromptu Grey Fox DLC Skin + Sword Contest/!\

I'm a librarian so I'm going to make you do an extremely small amount of searching + I always joke about a Platinum developed Gantz title on gaf so I'm incorporating that somehow. So:

Part 1: In the Manga Gantz, there's a character with a nickname that (in English translations) is based on a fruit.

Part 2: Raiden / Jack was born in a particular African country.

Final: Go to the Wikipedia entry for the fruit that is the answer to part 1. Take the first letter of the African country that Jack was born in. According to that fruit Wiki entry, how many metric tons, in thousands, does the only nation which begins with the same letter as the country in which Jack was born in produce? There's only one country listed that begins with the same letter in the table used to show production so you won't have to search too much.

STUPID RIGHT? I GAVE AWAY DLC IN THE PAST BEFORE JUST HIDDEN BEHIND QUOTE WALLS AND THAT IS BORING. FIRST TO PM ME THE ANSWER BECOMES GREY FOX but I'm going to work right now so I might not reply instantly.

You say the answer is Lebanon, but you say which African country was he born in? Lebanon is not in Africa...

Also wasn't Raiden a child soldier in Libya (Which is an African country)

Top Bottom