• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

Here's an amusing anecdote for you all:

I just got off the phone with a Best Buy representitive who says that the Best Buy Canada warehouse is currently aaaaaaaaaaaall sold out of PS3 LEs, and that they can't exchange my worthless Xbox 360 LE for the PS3 one I payed full cash for. They offered to exchange just the game itself, but screw them. If they're literally going to rob me of something I payed for, I'm not giving them the time of day.

I am unbelievably upset right now. I can't even play my most anticipated game of the year on launch day because some bumbling fool screwed up an order that was clearly wrong in just about the most important way.

I'm going to take a rage-nap now, and I don't know when I'm going to wake up again.

zroid

Banned
Here's an amusing anecdote for you all:

I just got off the phone with a Best Buy representitive who says that the Best Buy Canada warehouse is currently aaaaaaaaaaaall sold out of PS3 LEs, and that they can't exchange my worthless Xbox 360 LE for the PS3 one I payed full cash for. They offered to exchange just the game itself, but screw them. If they're literally going to rob me of something I payed for, I'm not giving them the time of day.

I am unbelievably upset right now. I can't even play my most anticipated game of the year on launch day because some bumbling fool screwed up an order that was clearly wrong in just about the most important way.

I'm going to take a rage-nap now, and I don't know when I'm going to wake up again.

;__;

Any chance you can convince them to take back the copy of the game you received opened (so you can extricate the soundtrack) in exchange for a new PS3 game? I mean, it should be the least they can do, and they can still easily sell a used copy on day 1 for a sizable amount.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I've never been a fan of those giant boss fights where you hack at their ankles.

The whole prologue was sorta so-so to me since combat is so gimped. Once you get to where the demo starts, the game begins for real.

the camera is also unruly in that it focuses on the Ray's head when it seemingly wants you to attack its ankles.(unless I'm missing something)

that and the fact that the key to S-Ranking it is to do as little as possible for the sake of time, since none of the other aspects have been introduced yet.

Same thing with the unwinnable Sam fight I think

;__;

Any chance you can convince them to take back an opened copy of the game you received (so you can extricate the soundtrack) in exchange for a new PS3 game? I mean, it should be the least they can do, and they can still easily sell a used copy on day 1 for a sizable amount.

That robs me of the steelbook I payed for and the DLC I should have gotten for pre-ordering, though.

I'm literally twitching with anger right now.

RS4-

For the metal gear fight, perfect parry his face attack and tail attack to take off chunks of his life. Attacking the legs is just so annoying.

Well you could only do the tail once. The other times you get the auto blade mail mode on the turrets.

zroid

Banned
That robs me of the steelbook I payed for and the DLC I should have gotten for pre-ordering, though.

I'm literally twitching with anger right now.

You'll get to keep the steelbook. The game isn't packed inside it, luckily, it comes in a standard plastic case. The case isn't identical to the regular edition since it has a soundtrack CD inside, but other than that it's the same, I think. Also, the DLC is going to be emailed to you, so presumably you'll still get a PS3 code!

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
For the metal gear fight, perfect parry his face attack and tail attack to take off chunks of his life. Attacking the legs is just so annoying.

Well you could only do the tail once. The other times you get the auto blade mail mode on the turrets.

It just kept shooting the laser at me from a distance and I got bored so I just went ham on its ankles

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Is the PS3 VR Missions DLC gonna be available after the store updates today?

RS4-

It just kept shooting the laser at me from a distance and I got bored so I just went ham on its ankles

Yeah I don't think there's a pattern to it either, he just does whatever lol. I never saw the tail attack either until my 4th or 5th go around just to get the achievement. I think the first time it took me like 10-15 mins on hard just to be form 1 because I only worked on the ankles and it was just a pain chasing him around.

Second form, same thing, perfect parry his face. I don't know if it's possible to dodge his laser though.

Huh... I can't get the konami code to work...

EDIT: At least his menu music is godlike.

Just make sure to input the BA equivalent fast at the Push Start screen. If you do it too slow you end up at the menu.

Tain

For the record, the game is nice and bloody on a Japanese 360. I expected it to be, with the lack of a release over there, but still.

Riposte

Officially mad. What am I doing wrong?

EDIT: Apparently one of my controllers are just broken. Works fine for menus, but it was only when I used a different controller I got it on the first try.

So is normal actually too easy? And do I have to complete normal anyway to unlock anything?

And any quick advice on stuff not to miss or simple tips that will help out someone just starting the game?

You'll get to keep the steelbook. The game isn't packed inside it, luckily, it comes in a standard plastic case. The case isn't identical to the regular edition since it has a soundtrack CD inside, but other than that it's the same, I think. Also, the DLC is going to be emailed to you, so presumably you'll still get a PS3 code!

Nnnnnnnnnope! They said I can't open it to take the soundtrack out, and the DLC is on a card taped to the back of the game. So I'm screwed out of both of them.

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Yeah I've never been a fan of those giant boss fights where you hack at their ankles.

The whole prologue was sorta so-so to me since combat is so gimped. Once you get to where the demo starts, the game begins for real.

Parry the head and arms when they attack you. Can actually kill the boss with hardly ever touching the legs.

RangerBAD

I never touched the demo, so I spent like an hour on Blade Wolf trying the get parry down and finally win. I'd always get to the UA part of the fight and have no health and screw it up. Mistral fight was cake, but I got a worse rank.
I didn't want to cut her, so I just went into Blade Mode and did nothing and Raiden fucking cut her in half (bastard). I'm going to see if doing nothing keeps her encased in ice at the end of the fight.
It's a lot of fun though, but still not fond of cutting for health and FC recharge.

It's crazy how Raiden basically never lets up. It feels like one long combo sometimes without even trying which is nice.

Mr.Fresh

The boss fights are amazing in this game!!! Omg that shit was hot! Well I only fought 2 but still. I think it continues the Metal Frat Tradition of great bosses.

Esura

Banned
I preordered this game only yesterday at Gamestop and I still got the artbook and the codes even though a bunch of other people preordered too.

Jarmel

Banned
Wow I have died five times already on the collapsing bridge part in chapter 1. I fucking hate Platinum Games cinematic moments where it's a damn instant kill.

Straight up fuck this section.

Wow I have died five times already on the collapsing bridge part in chapter 1. I fucking hate Platinum Games cinematic moments where it's a damn instant kill.

For some reason, you gotta jump at the end. They don't really indicate you're suppose to either

Yeah, it's dumb

DasMarcos

Banned
Man I'm going to have to wait until the Summer (May 15 to be precise) to play this, GOW Ascension, Ni No Kuni, etc because I left my PS3 at home.

Gonna be a crazy summer though!

I didn't jump at the end, just kept holding Ninja Run and moving forward and it did the jump automatically.

Now see, I tried that 3 separate times. Run to the left, die somehow, run the right die somehow, run straight down the middle, die somehow. "Fuck it, bunny hop time" kept mashing jump and that's how I got through it

Just got the 360 version with the steelbook case on my way home! Can't wait for the second home console metal gear game this gen. I don't feel that story-telling has ever been Platinum's strength, but it certainly is Kojima's. I'm going into this a little more skeptical than I should considering how I feel about Platinum and Kojima, but now I just need some time to play it. I'm pretty excited.

I didn't even realize we had essentially Health/Magic potions, over there on the left side of the select screen.

That has made this Monsoon fight MUCH more managable

Top Bottom