• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance |OT| A Blade Forged In Platinum [LAW OF THE WILD]

i had a question, or an answer..but forgot it..the answer is the same for everything now Fox Blade *__*

there's a few BP exploits that i'm using to make it even more broken through upgrades..the opportunity to reset a checkpoint is becoming more a boon than a bane.

shuri

Banned
In the first level when you fight the boss,
is it me or when the UG launches 519283 rockets at you and you are suposed to hold R2 (?) and Click on the left Joystick (l3),
. I was standing there, with the nu metal blaring, and
the missiles flying around me but never hitting me for like 3 minutes. It was hilariously glorious and I was standing there waiting for something to happen and then I eventually randomly manage to trigger the 'running and jumping on missiles sequel, but I have no idea what was the correct timing. Was I suposed to click the button combo as one of the missles was close to me?

The controls are a bit weird with this title.

bryehn

A perfect parry of their kicks stuns them for a quicktime kill, or parrying their charge tackle automatically brings you into a quicktime kill

Great I didn't realise I could parry them, mainly because I suck at it so far. Game really is doing a good job of making me want to get better. I will likely replay every single chapter till I'm satisfied with my results.

How are you guys doing BMCs? I haven't really worked on it, figured I'd use it on the bosses for the achievement

edit - not sure how I'm going to do the no death shit since I keep on dying at the stupid bridge after the wolf fight.

Just tap blade mode to immediately reset Raiden to neutral, preferably during recovery frames of a move (especially handy if you're in a strong attack sequence and need to parry real quick but the game won't allow you. Just BMC -> Parry). Launchers need to be jump blade mode canceled (jump and immediately tap blade mode, you'll land immediately in neutral). The stuff that got figured out against blade wolf isn't much use for other bosses since they can't be juggled, but I'm sure there's a ton of possible technology. Unfortunately I'm very bad with figuring out these sorts of things.

Zomba13

Checked my email. Got a Zavvi dispatch notification.
Estimated Delivery Date: On or before 25th February
It better fucking be 22nd Zavvi. When I preorder I expect launch day at the latest.

If it's not here on Friday then they will feel my revengeance.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
In the first level when you fight the boss,
is it me or when the UG launches 519283 rockets at you and you are suposed to hold R2 (?) and Click on the left Joystick (l3),
. I was standing there, with the nu metal blaring, and
the missiles flying around me but never hitting me for like 3 minutes. It was hilariously glorious and I was standing there waiting for something to happen and then I eventually randomly manage to trigger the 'running and jumping on missiles sequel, but I have no idea what was the correct timing. Was I suposed to click the button combo as one of the missles was close to me?

The controls are a bit weird with this title.
On that part, it's just prompting you to do the Ninja Run (left stick forward + R1)

It's automated parkour, similar to Assassin's Creed.

JoeFenix

Were done here!

Just finished it on Hard, save file says 7 hours. Length felt perfect imo, satisfying without overstaying its welcome.

I had alot of fun with it and I think it's a really good game but it has some issues, Camera easily being the biggest problem. The fact that your parry is camera dependent combined with the camera constantly wigging out makes some situations a complete jank fest.

Thankfully this is my only REAL problem, everything else comes down to taste, I think the environmental art in the game is kind of bland and doesn't feel very Metal Gear. The character designs on the other hand look awesome and definitely fit in with the rest of the series.

The last boss on hard was really frustrating with no healing items but in the end it felt fucking awesome to murder him/her/it. The best part about this game is how hyped up it constantly makes you feel, the music and cinematography are both stellar. Really really good job there!

Story was kinda cool in the end, definitely has alot of MGS lore and throwbacks but it had a completely different flavor which I grew to embrace. It felt like a 80's action flick, the last boss being the pure embodiment of that. Some of the social commentary stuff is kinda lame and the use of
twitter
in games should just be banned at this point. It's just stupid! Also wish
Wolf
played more of a role in-game, he's just so fucking cool!

So yeah, really good game with some polish issues, although I do feel like I'll like the game much more on replays. I know what to expect and I know how to deal with the game's BS much better now so It's all uphill from here!

Considering the time constraints and seat of your pants development schedule that this has had I have to commend Platinum for making something this good. Taking a small break and then back for more!

mileS

Just finished the YoVideogames MGR review. Put my heart and soul into this one, lot's of throwbacks to old games and a Solid Snake cameo.

Hope you guys rike it.
YoVideogames Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance Review (The Best Metal Gear?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqSUZRQ4vIA

Awesome review. I didn't even know you did reviews! I assumed you had moved everything to your other(new) youtube channel. Anyways, excellent work as always. I hope to see more reviews in the future. Love all the content you are putting out.

L.O.R.D

anyone got the sound track for the game ? can you upload it for me

====

m5zn_95f31eb0e186b1c.jpg

my hand need some rest
and i need new controller

On the topic of buying the soundtrack, are Amazon's mp3s as low-quality (compared to iTunes) as the previews make them sound? I'm no audiophile but they just sound fuzzy.

TheGrue

Am I the only person who thought that when you fight the lion thing and it attacks you with its tail from above and from the side, you had to point in that direction to parry? Turns out that's not the case?

Last night I said the Fox Blade was OP. I spoke too soon before the enhancement for another 100000bp. The blade is broken tier. Every enemy on hard died in 1 shot. This weapon should've been the reward for getting S on every mission on Revengeance.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So am I the only one who thinks the stealth parts of this game are mediocre or plain suck? So far I've seen so few tools for stealth and very little incentive to do so. One section after three attempts to go stealth I said fuck it and managed to still get an A ranking.

So the rankings and time limits in VR Missions....are they real? Is this some kind of magic? Lol

It took me FOREVER to get the first Gold until I realized
I needed the Pincer to do some real damage

So am I the only one who thinks the stealth parts of this game are mediocre or plain suck? So far I've seen so few tools for stealth and very little incentive to do so. One section after three attempts to go stealth I said fuck it and managed to still get an A ranking.

Stealth is braindead in this game.

jett

D-Member
So the rankings and time limits in VR Missions....are they real? Is this some kind of magic? Lol

Getting first on the VR Missions is the real challenge of the game.

It took me FOREVER to get the first Gold until I realized
I needed the Pincer to do some real damage

I used the polearm to get the first batch of enemies close, then cut off their heads. If I didn't manage to kill them all off from a single use of blade mode, I'd retstart. If the gekko that appeared up next didn't rush me immediately, I'd restart. The game makes you rely too much on good enemy patterns when doing this kind of thing, unfortunately.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism

I don't know if I've played "a stealth part" yet (or if you just mean any part where the enemies aren't yet aware of you), but in the sewers I wasn't able to get past the 3 gorillas without stealth.

I used the polearm to get the first batch of enemies close, then cut off their heads. If I didn't manage to kill them all off from a single use of blade mode, I'd retstart. If the gekko that appeared up next didn't rush me immediately, I'd restart. The game makes you rely too much on good enemy patterns when doing this kind of thing, unfortunately.

and then God only knows when all their body parts will explode and the time stops.

I ran up the enemies, they attacked, I countered, kill all three with a blade mode attack. Run over and charge Pincher's where Gecko will spawn, let him have it. The wide range of the Pincer's attacks can take out the other guys pretty quickly too

edit: This opening strat is probably better than mine, but the second part is pretty similar

Top Bottom