• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrett2

I am assuming they won't make any more PSP MGS games? I loved both of them, but from what I read it seems they didn't sell particularly well. I would love to see a full Portable Ops sequel, though.

Parks

Banned
JoeFu said:
Well, I just ordered the bundle off Amazon. I will be a ps3 owner and an MGS4 player by next week :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Me too! Although I already had a 40gb. I needed the BC. My PS2 rpg backlog is too damn long.

Rapping Granny said:
Brucelee , one last request.

could you move the models of snake,raiden and meryl under the text like the pic Blizzyazz posted, and make the text less pink and more red.

If your busy you can just send me the PSD file.

Sorry man I am out of town but I could make it for you Monday.

KZObsessed

Play.com have MGS4 in stock now. My limited edition has progressed from "Pre-ordered" to "Order placed" :p

Should be processed soon and dispatched on Monday. :D

Just ordered a White Dualshock 3 for a stupid price (fuck you Sony) so I'm ready baby!!!!!

darkressurection said:
Welp, I am now down to GAF only lockdown.
For the next week I will only check GAF for news and listen to 1UP podcasts.

I've been on a GAF only lockdown for 4 days now, ever since the first copy leaked. Even my PS3 is staying offline until I get MGS4.

Serious business.

Doc Evils

FFObsessed said:
Play.com have MGS4 in stock now. My limited edition has progressed from "Pre-ordered" to "Order placed" :p

Should be processed soon and dispatched on Monday. :D

Just ordered a White Dualshock 3 for a stupid price (fuck you Sony) so I'm ready baby!!!!!

2v3hbt1.jpg

CUM TO ME!

Those who can not join us in gaming heaven are only going to try and tear us down with spoilers. Its getting scary, I normally not give a crap about spoilers but I'm really trying to stay away now. This is the first MGS game I'll be picking up day one. I got 1 late for psone, I had to pick up 2 on PC and I didn't have a ps2 when 3 came out. All three were totally spoiled because I couldn't play them and I wanted to know what happened.

Spoiler are even showing up in the thread warning people about spoilers.

Paying off my CE yesterday at EB, the employee nearly gave me a heart attack while he took my card.

"Now I this isn't a spoiler but I heard that .... "

I was about to run out but fortunately it was just how he heard that some cut scenes are 1.5 hours long. I laughed and told him it's not true (funny how this rumor still lives).

I'm gonna run in and run out with my copy on the 12th ......

I have never seen anything like this in terms of spoilers. I basically only visit like 3 sites and I know the people there so I have been safe. But damn this is on a scale I never imagined.

KernelPanic said:
Paying off my CE yesterday at EB, the employee nearly gave me a heart attack while he took my card.

"Now I this isn't a spoiler but I heard that .... "

I was about to run out but fortunately it was just how he heard that some cut scenes are 1.5 hours long. I laughed and told him it's not true (funny how this rumor still lives).

I'm gonna run in and run out with my copy on the 12th ......
No midnight launch for me, but I'm worried that jerks are going to be hanging out in and outside the store yelling out spoilers. The GS is attached to a Barnes and Noble and that same thing happen in the case of Snape V Dumbledor. The only things I can think of is keeping my ear buds in and keeping a ready finger on my Ipod. Ridiculous, what kind of total ass-clown wants to spoil it for people so bad?

BobTheFork said:
No midnight launch for me, but I'm worried that jerks are going to be hanging out in and outside the store yelling out spoilers. The GS is attached to a Barnes and Noble and that same thing happen in the case of Snape V Dumbledor. The only things I can think of is keeping my ear buds in and keeping a ready finger on my Ipod. Ridiculous, what kind of total ass-clown wants to spoil it for people so bad?

I am going to go after midnight, like 10-15 minutes after so the line dies down. They have to stay open for another hour or so I heard.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
BobTheFork said:
I hear the spoil-patrol have developed technology to beam spoilers directly onto your brain. iPods will not stop these fiends!

Sallokin

BobTheFork said:

I'll be at my midnight launch with a fat pair of headphones on blasting something loud nonstop until I'm in my car on my way home. That's the only way I can imagine I'll stay spoiler free in line. I'm afraid someone will just be talking to his buddy or something and unintentionally ruin it for others.

Hixx

Lakitu said:
My order is still set to preorder (on game) :(

You've more chance of getting it early via Game than Play to be honest. In my experience, Play are dreadful with regular orders never mind pre-orders delivery wise. Pretty annoyed that they've got the two special editions that bothered me this year with MGS4 and Warhammer...

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
dark10x said:
Of course, MGS2 is a more streamlined game with every inch feeling perfectly designed. The camo and food systems in MGS3 along with the open environments really give it a different feel. MGS2 holds up in its own way and remains one of the most polished games I've ever played. It still feels incredible.
Agreed. Thats why I said its still fun to play. MGS2 was my favourite game of all time....until I played MGS3.

pyros

Has anyone confirmed MGO being locked based on the region of the game? asking because, i preordered, through playasia a region 1 MSG4, but it's only going to ship 16th June, the region 3 game is shipping on the 10th, if there is no regional lock out might as well get region 3.

DrBo42

I went and pre-ordered at a launch Gamestop last night. I already ordered a LE edition online. I now have 2 copies of this game and I have no intention of canceling the LE. Jesus, I need help.

Doc Evils

DrBo42 said:
I went and pre-ordered at a launch Gamestop last night. I already ordered a LE edition online. I now have 2 copies of this game and I have no intention of canceling the LE. Jesus, I need help.

You have MGS syndrome. Nothing can cure you.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Whoever allocated the Midnight launches is reatarded. All the Gamestops that are open for Midnight are peppered around Boston. Throw some West Massachussets peeps a bone :/

ezekial45

Banned
Kagari, since you work at GS can i ask what time people usually start lining up for Midnight releases? I've never been to one before, and the GS i'm going to will only have less than 10 bundles available.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ezekial45 said:
Kagari, since you work at GS can i ask what time people usually start lining up for Midnight releases? I've never been to one before, and the GS i'm going to will only have less than 10 bundles available.

Lines starts at 10. But if you want a bundle... try being there at 9.

BigFwoosh

Does anyone know if Gamestop is going to have enough art books for all preorders? I probably won't be able to pick up my game until after work on Thursday, so I'm hoping they'll still have one left for me at that point.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BigFwoosh said:
Does anyone know if Gamestop is going to have enough art books for all preorders? I probably won't be able to pick up my game until after work on Thursday, so I'm hoping they'll still have one left for me at that point.

They should. My store even got a few extra.

ezekial45 said:
Where are you going to go in SF?

dmshaposv

Just a warning for those who are still pure:

Do not visit anything related to metal gear on wikipedia. Some "indirect" spoilers in there.

BigFwoosh

Kagari said:
They should. My store even got a few extra.
Awesome, thanks. It still kills me that I'll have to sit at work all day until I get my hands on the game though... sigh. Damn the Patriots and their selective midnight launches!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BigFwoosh said:
Awesome, thanks. It still kills me that I'll have to sit at work all day until I get my hands on the game though... sigh. Damn the Patriots and their selective midnight launches!

:(

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
just saw the Sunday ads.
Circuit City - free "full size" strategy guide with game purchase, no ps3 bundle
Best Buy - no incentive, bundle available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom