• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive waited for this since MGS3...regarding the storyline since MGs2...people who got spoilered: Im really fucking sorry.

But Im out of here. I heard reports that another 500 people got spolered via mass AIM spam.
Too dangerous.

Dante

itsgreen said:
ok... im in a bit of a pickle..

Kojima is signing today in my 'neighborhood'... 25km away...

I don't really care for MGS, but I find it kinda cool he is here...

But the trainticket is 6 bucks, and there are going to be tons of people I don't want to associate with...

Should I get my console signed?

(and if so should I bring my 360 or my PS3 :p)

*Hey look at me I want attention.

Mideon

Kweh said:
Nah, they always do this and you still don't get the game early, lucky to get it on day of the release with them.

Yeah I did not want to risk it and order one since I should fingers crossed be getting mine on Tuesday anyway, when I do get it there will be the small matter of work the next day after I would have had no sleep playing MGS4 all night, thats going to be the biggest challenge!

painey

to the dude asking about getting his console signed, the PS3 has a "faceplate" that just pops off so you wont have to lug the entire console down there, just pop off the Playstation 3 bit and take a silver pen

itsgreen

painey said:
to the dude asking about getting his console signed, the PS3 has a "faceplate" that just pops off so you wont have to lug the entire console down there, just pop off the Playstation 3 bit and take a silver pen

wouldnt come off, so I tried a little harder, now there's a tear :(

Still wrestling with myself to decide if I should get a PlayStation 3 today or not. I want to get one today to get the $100 gift card deal. I really want MGS4. Would be nice to have a Blu-Ray Player. But then again, it's a lot of money for a system I probably won't play all that much after MGS4.

BeeDog

ToyMachine228 said:
Still wrestling with myself to decide if I should get a PlayStation 3 today or not. I want to get one today to get the $100 gift card deal. I really want MGS4. Would be nice to have a Blu-Ray Player. But then again, it's a lot of money for a system I probably won't play all that much after MGS4.

Since you don't seem to care much about the PS3, why bother? One game should never sell a console.

Laurent

DancingCactus77 said:
1080P Theatrical Trailer. The best resolution of the said trailer for anyone who still cares.
Might as well watch all the trailers, if you don't know what to do a Saturday morning! :lol Here's the best resolution I could find last month on another MGS related thread...

METAL GEAR SOLID: GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS • TRAILERMANIA + DIRECT FEED

Trailer 1 • 2005 TGS (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 2 • 2006 GDC (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 3 • 2006 E3 (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 4 • 2006 TGS (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 5 • 2007 GDC (720p) on Gamersyde
Trailer 6 • 2007 E3 (720p) on Playscope
Trailer 7 • 2007 TGS (720p) on Gametrailers
Trailer 8 • 2008 (512 x 384 - Letterboxed) on Rapidshare

2008 April's Fool (720p)

Laurent

prettyvacant77 said:
UK GAFFERS

Bravo is showing Playr TV right now, video review scores it 10/10 (no footage that hasn't been in any trailers).

SPOILER WARNING - The Playr2 show is showing an entire boss fight, might wanna steer clear!

Both shown on Bravo 2, Sky Channel 154
Is it the same as last week? If I am guessing correctly, Playr1 and Playr2 are once a week, every Sunday, with reruns a week later Saturday?

ZeroTolerance

DancingCactus77 said:
In Japan, when you purchase the PS3 MGS4 bundle you get this cool bag.

27x00mu.jpg

Holy shit, wow..

OatmealMu

Well, I called up the credit union to figure out why the order was blocked. Apparently, Texas is the home of fraud because the credit union no longer accepts transactions from there. Another reason to love Texas, I guess.

Laurent said:
Is it the same as last week? If I am guessing correctly, Playr1 and Playr2 are once a week, every Sunday, with reruns a week later Saturday?

Nope, new episode I think - watched it on Saturday and Sunday last week, don't remember seeing it! It's also got some good footage from Ubidays, including Vernon Kay being a complete asshat :lol :lol

Has full MGS4 review - spoiler free thankfully. Think last week's one just had a brief preview with a new cutscene. If you watch it, stay well away from Playr2, you get to see the full boss battle with Laughing Octopus

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
The MGS retrospectives are really useful for a good story recap and finding out about hidden secrets. I watched retrospective part 4 (the one about MGS3 and MGS: PO) and there's some secrets they mentioed about MGS3 that I wasnt aware of. For instance, If you get to The End boss battle and then dont play the game for a week, the end dies of old age. I also didnt know about that DMC-ish minigame you can play if you save the game and then turn it back on when you're in the jail cell.

I looked around the net to see if there were anymore secrets and I came across this page on gamespot that has loads of other things you can do. Apparantly you can even eat The Ends parrot!

I'll post the link for anyone who's replaying the game and wants to do any of those things:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/hints.html

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
psycho_snake said:
The MGS retrospectives are really useful for a good story recap and finding out about hidden secrets. I watched retrospective part 4 (the one about MGS3 and MGS: PO) and there's some secrets they mentioed about MGS3 that I wasnt aware of. For instance, If you get to The End boss battle and then dont play the game for a week, the end dies of old age. I also didnt know about that DMC-ish minigame you can play if you save the game and then turn it back on when you're in the jail cell.

I looked around the net to see if there were anymore secrets and I came across this page on gamespot that has loads of other things you can do. Apparantly you can even eat The Ends parrot!

I'll post the link for anyone who's replaying the game and wants to do any of those things:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/hints.html
As much as I want to go, I can't. I'm staying right here on GAF.

A note to the person who runs the Frog Unit, I'd love to join in. I'm leaving the original unit in order to wear the awesome logo :D

And so, my media blackout begins until I beat MGS4...

Mattlikewhoa said:
I was nearly spoiled on a freakin BMX forum?!?! What the heck? Other then coming here, the internet is dead to me...

I woke up this morning, flicked on the TV from my bed....

Sodding MGS4 boss battle on the telly! WTF!!??!! Nowhere's safe

bailout.gif

f@luS

More than a member.
it seems. THe guy died 3 times and then went crazy spoilering MGS4
i had to leave (cant squelch ingame i think) .

Darkpen

Banned
WasabiKing said:
A note to the person who runs the Frog Unit, I'd love to join in. I'm leaving the original unit in order to wear the awesome logo :D

And so, my media blackout begins until I beat MGS4...
blagh, traitor!

Ganondorfo

f@luS said:
Holy fuck

i was spoiled MGS4 during a DOTA game (wc3 mod)
jeez

Today my friend spoiled metal gear solid 4 for me, he said that solid snake is
actually a woman and that raiden is actually otacon himself

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I punched him for spoiling that to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
During DOTA? Fucking pathetic.

Frog

Ganondorfo said:
Today my friend spoiled metal gear solid 4 for me, he said that solid snake is
actually a woman and that raiden is actually otacon himself

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, I punched him for spoiling that to me.

Don't do that.

hirokazu

Ganondorfo said:
Today my friend sexy timed metal gear solid 4 for me, he said that La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo is
actually a woman and that La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo is actually La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo himself.
Thankfully, I have no idea what you're talking about, nor whether it's even true. :D

Maybe I am too late in noticing this. I notice two things I never saw in the lower quality version:

1.) At around 1:15, when you see the overhead shot with the copter and the gekkos, you see Vamp dancing along the gekkos on the street :lol

2.) In the theatrical trailer, when Big Mama opens the doors to what seem to be the back of a vehicle, you see transparent legs (lower right corner) inside for half a second.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Wow, in term of color and lighting saturation that 1080p theatrical trailer is probably the best one yet. And MGS4 has a pretty damn pristine image quality to boot.

hirokazu

DancingCactus77 said:
2.) In the theatrical trailer, when Big Mama opens the doors to what seem to be the back of a vehicle, you see transparent legs (lower right corner) inside for half a second.
I'm not seeing this. Or at least, I can't make anything out to be legs.

One major thing I saw while taking screenshots (may have been pointed out ages ago) in the trailer is that, when Snake jumps for cover with Big Mama, (potential event spoiler)
the right side of his face has completely charred and scarred like from facing an explosion or something.
I really wonder how that happened.

N30RYU

hirokazu said:
I'm not seeing this. Or at least, I can't make anything out to be legs.

One major thing I saw while taking screenshots (may have been pointed out ages ago) in the trailer is that, when Snake jumps for cover with Big Mama, (potential event spoiler)
the right side of his face has completely charred and scarred like from facing an explosion or something.
I really wonder how that happened.

(have no spoilers if you've already seen all the trailers)
Is the Camo face. In a Trailer We've already seen him playing dead with a Gekko, with a "burning" camo face and how his face returned to normal.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
N30RYU said:
(have no spoilers if you've already seen all the trailers)
Is the Cammo face. In a Trailer We've already seen him playing dead with a Gekko, with a "burning" cammo face and how his face returned to normal.
not a spoiler if you've seen any trailer pretty much:
or it could be is illness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom