• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkpen

Banned
Firewire said:
Wasn't there an article last week stating that Kojima would only be signing purchased copies of MGS4?
no, it was more like the people working there wouldn't let people let them sign anything but the covers.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Teetris said:
Wikipedia just spoiled me, big time. What was I even thinking of going there?

FUCK
Jesus Christ.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
fuck i just know im gunna get spoiled. this is worst than the harry potter spoiler spread. a lot worse. thankfully i can beat games faster than i can read :D................... :(

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
f@luS said:
Holy fuck

i was spoiled MGS4 during a DOTA game (wc3 mod)
jeez
i thought that might happen. I figure its probably worst in ladder games where opponents might try to get you to leave the game for a free win.

hence i'm playing 1v1s and i'm mute ready.

Dever

Banned
Another thing some may not have noticed in the lower quality trailer:

At 01:49, (Not really a spoiler imo, but it might be for those who want to be surprised. It's about the Gekkos and other enemies)
you can see that a Gekko is carrying four of those black balls with hands on them on it's back.

-COOLIO- said:
i thought that might happen. I figure its probably worst in ladder games where opponents might try to get you to leave the game for a free win.

hence i'm playing 1v1s and i'm mute ready.
man its time to bail out of everywhere except maybe a desert Island

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
When I pick up my copy I am going to run in and out of that store as fast as I can to avoid potential humans that might be host to spoilers.

kozmo7 said:
When I pick up my copy I am going to run in and out of that store as fast as I can to avoid potential humans that might be host to spoilers.

I've done well so far in avoiding the major spoilers that are apparently spreading like wildfire. Luckily, I ordered my copy online, so I should be good in the situation of anyone spoiling it for me at the time of purchase as well. Unless, of course, the UPS guy is in on it too. Trust no one.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This will be my first time playing any of the MGS games without knowing the major plot points and I intend to keep it that way. I was able to avoid Harry Potter 7 spoilers and that took me a while to finish because of work and other things so I think I should be ok.

countdown5.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Volcynika

MyEpitomeCliché said:
I've done well so far in avoiding the major spoilers that are apparently spreading like wildfire. Luckily, I ordered my copy online, so I should be good in the situation of anyone spoiling it for me at the time of purchase as well. Unless, of course, the UPS guy is in on it too. Trust no one.

Haha.

"Can I get you to sign here?" *You sign* "Oh yeah, almost forgot, *spoils entire game*...enjoy!"

hirokazu said:
Really? I never noticed interlacing issues when I played it on the PS3... Except maybe when the Kojima Productions logo swipes away.

I'm uploading a bunch of screenshots I took of the trailer right now. There's a stunning amount of detail all over the place when you go frame-by-frame that you'd never notice just watching it straight up. I'm blown away... I mean, wow, I completely do not understand complaints about modelling and stuff not up to par with some other games.

It. Is. Incredible. :0

But you can also see if you go frame by frame that the trailer, like the game, was designed for 1280x720 rather than 1920x1080.

Agreed. Hell, just look at the badass new wallpaper we got, that's the model quality being used. It's looks amazing.

Dever

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
WTF is up with spoilers now being in the thread?

Yeah on monday.

You mean the ones on this page? We're talking about the theatrical trailer. I'll take mine down if you want, though.

jvalioli

I think it'd be cool if you spoiler tagged theatrical trailer ones. I know a lot of people including myself were told that we might not want to watch that trailer.

Edit: Nevermind, I see that you have, unless that was an edit.

MyEpitomeCliché said:
crap I have to endure waiting 2 Hrs at the gamestop for the midnight Launch...... and who knows how many spoilers I could hear !! Anyway I am literally going to wear a Cardboard box to hide & bring a girly mag to distract every one. YES I WILL HAVE VIDEO

Turk

psycho_snake said:
The MGS retrospectives are really useful for a good story recap and finding out about hidden secrets. I watched retrospective part 4 (the one about MGS3 and MGS: PO) and there's some secrets they mentioed about MGS3 that I wasnt aware of. For instance, If you get to The End boss battle and then dont play the game for a week, the end dies of old age. I also didnt know about that DMC-ish minigame you can play if you save the game and then turn it back on when you're in the jail cell.

I looked around the net to see if there were anymore secrets and I came across this page on gamespot that has loads of other things you can do. Apparantly you can even eat The Ends parrot!

I'll post the link for anyone who's replaying the game and wants to do any of those things:
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/metalgearsolid3/hints.html

I like this site for MGS1-3 secrets. Use the frame on the left to navigate:
http://www.geocities.com/muni_shinobu/mg/

Gen-X

Banned
liquidspeed said:
crap I have to endure waiting 2 Hrs at the gamestop for the midnight Launch...... and who knows how many spoilers I could hear !! Anyway I am literally going to wear a Cardboard box to hide & bring a girly mag to distract every one. YES I WILL HAVE VIDEO & share with GAF
Squall01

Triple post ftl!

FabCam

Thursday is like the best day in my life. It's the last day of my GCSE's, then I have 2 weeks of nothing but playing MGS4 and MGO then I'm going to Citerion for work experience :D

Momar

aka Ryder
Yeah, the midnight launch deal is going to be troublesome... I'm basically going to go all out with my in-ear headphones (that thankfully block out a lot of sound), some very, very loud music, sunglasses, and a baseball bat (the GS manager told me I had permission to beat any spoiler-mongers to death!).

Also, just finished MGS2 last night for my replay. So... so good. What an incredible videogame. Now just MGS3 is left! 4-ish days should be enough! :D

SamuraiX-

Ryder said:
Yeah, the midnight launch deal is going to be troublesome... I'm basically going to go all out with my in-ear headphones (that thankfully block out a lot of sound), some very, very loud music, sunglasses, and a baseball bat (the GS manager told me I had permission to beat any spoiler-mongers to death!).

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yoshichan

Ryder said:

Also, just finished MGS2 last night for my replay. So... so good. What an incredible videogame. Now just MGS3 is left! 4-ish days should be enough! :D
:lol :lol :lol

Doc Evils

Ryder said:

Why not bring pepper spray? that way you can say some crazy looney tried to attack you and MGS fans and you all acted in defense.

Ephemeris

Kagari said:
Thank god I haven't been spoiled yet D:

You know it. At the rate we're going, if we continue to stealthily survive all the way till thursday, we deserve the Big Boss ranking. :lol

BeeDog

Maybe it's been asked (haven't seen it), but for those playing the game, is there any kind of indication that trophies/"achievements" are included?

Owensboro

So, I finally had some success in getting that MGS4 bundle. In case anyone cares, it's finally up on Fry's website (frys.com). Still wasn't up on Sonystyle last time i checked though.

Thank f-ing god. I really didn't want to have to camp out at Circuit City to get that bundle. Atlanta, Ga USA is saved!

BeeDog said:
Maybe it's been asked (haven't seen it), but for those playing the game, is there any kind of indication that trophies/"achievements" are included?

Since this is a tradition to the games, this isn't a spoiler. But the closest things to achievements are the animal ranks you get in the game.

Once this game comes out, I assume everyone will be making their impressions in this thread right, spoiler tagging any spoilers. I can't wait to see that, will be great to see some of your reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom