• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

womfalcs3

Banned
Circuit City is giving away the guide with the purchase of the game.

2hp6sde.jpg

Xtyle

Marconelly said:
Holy mother of... I just almost got a heart attack - I saw a UPS sticky note posted on the door, that I missed a shipment from Gamestop on Friday. Could this really be it? UPS office is closed today, I live in Canada and have ordered LE from US Gamestop back when it was first announced. Has anyone actually received something from them already? Could they be just sending a preorder bonus of some kind? On the tracking website, it says that the package weight is just 0.20Lb (90 grams), that sounds a bit too lightweight to be a game.

they do send you MG Saga 2.0 dvd

LaneDS said:
I've only been occasionally popping into this thread (I know it's spoiler free but I feel like there are spoiler terrorists lying in wait anywhere and everywhere, all the time!) but has anyone received the Limited Edition early and posted high quality images of the packaging?

Buying it regardless but I'm curious what to expect.

I don't believe anyone has received the LE (and if they have, I haven't seen any images of it), but here's the back of the box, according to Gamestop. Sucks that the actual game case is just the regular edition CG art.

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/bbox/270209_lback.jpg

tha_con

Banned
MyEpitomeCliché said:
I don't believe anyone has received the LE (and if they have, I haven't seen any images of it), but here's the back of the box, according to Gamestop. Sucks that the actual game case is just the regular edition CG art.

http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/bbox/270209_lback.jpg

It says Playstation Network Compatible.

HOPEFULLY this means it won't be the cluster fuck account registration BS that MGO was. HERE is to hoping, ladies and gentlemen!

jmd494

Why has no one posted the MGS TV Spots (Courage is Solid and the MTV one)?

:(

Edit: I actually found it on YouTube:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_dgGqeLyIoY

I wonder if we should read anything into that text at the end that reads "now exclusive on PLAYSTATION 3" (emphasis added by me)

Edit 2: That may be fake (51 seconds is a weird duration for a TV Spot)

Ephemeris

tha_con said:

HOPEFULLY this means it won't be the cluster fuck account registration BS that MGO was. HERE is to hoping, ladies and gentlemen!
but we know better. Don't we :(

RobertM

tha_con said:

"Enter Konami ID...."
"Enter your Game ID..."
"Enter your numerical password..."
Jesus that was such a cluster fuck.

Whoa, so the midnight release will actually be Wednesday night (Thursday morning)?

I've been keeping out of any thread MGS related, but so far I have to say I'm a little surprised with the lack of marketing blitz by either Sony or Konami.

jmd494

Just finished the MGS Essentials Collection for the first time (won't have time for MGP)...but I finally feel ready! Can't wait!

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Justin Dailey said:
I LIKE BIG BOOTY AND I CANNOT LIE. MY OG GANGSTER HIPPIES BETTER BELIEVE DAT!!!!
Either post that in the spoiler thread or ask someone to tell you via a PM. Can't risk spoilers in here.

jmd494

LiquidMetal14 said:
Either post that in the spoiler thread or ask someone to tell you via a PM. Can't risk spoilers in here.
Wait, I'm confused about the game. So the cops knew that internal affairs were setting them up?

Maggot9

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
Whoa, so the midnight release will actually be Wednesday night (Thursday morning)?

I've been keeping out of any thread MGS related, but so far I have to say I'm a little surprised with the lack of marketing blitz by either Sony or Konami.
Why would it be Thursday night (Friday morning) ?

Maggot9 said:
Why would it be Thursday night (Friday morning) ?

I assumed the date given (6/12) was the ship date like in most cases. But obviously that's usually not the case for big releases, or non-Tuesday ship dates.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Valkyr Junkie said:
I assumed the date given (6/12) was the ship date like in most cases. But obviously that's usually not the case for big releases, or non-Tuesday ship dates.

Wednesday night (Thursday morning).

tha_con

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:

Huh?

Dude, I saw the commercial about 7 times yesterday watching Runs House, and god knows how many times last night watching Adult Swim.

Caught it this morning too watching Discovery Channel.

Not to mention Gamestop is plastered with MGS4 stuff, and all the PS3 kiosks are running MGS4 trailers...

The Lego rex's are great. It makes me think that a Lego MGS game might be fun. So, now that the game is in people's hands, do we know much about how MGO works? I presume it still uses Konami IDs but is it region-locked?

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
tha_con said:
Huh?

Dude, I saw the commercial about 7 times yesterday watching Runs House, and god knows how many times last night watching Adult Swim.

Caught it this morning too watching Discovery Channel.

Not to mention Gamestop is plastered with MGS4 stuff, and all the PS3 kiosks are running MGS4 trailers...

Damn I have not watched any commercials yet, even though I watch Sci-fi, adult swim, History Channel and other shows. I demand more MARKETING! :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've never been so scared in my life... I opened just another Youtube-clip and read the comments... I was so close of getting spoiled. My brain reacted extremely fast and Alt F4 before I even realized what I said.

Rainy Dog

FFObsessed said:
Has anyone got their Limited Edition from Play.com dispatched yet? Mine is still "Order Placed", not even processed yet... :(

Me too. Reckon they'll dispatch tomorrow as takes a few days from Jersey to the UK. They probably held off shipping as soon as they got in to make sure they weren't arriving with folk as early as Tues...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom