• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulla564

Banned
Cronen said:
Anyone else not watched this video yet? I'm trying my best to resist!

There are probably spoilers in the comments too guys, so watch out for those.

I guess the only spoiler is how the codec looks. However, be careful not look anywhere else.

DieH@rd

Banned
Cronen said:
Anyone else not watched this video yet? I'm trying my best to resist!

There are probably spoilers in the comments too guys, so watch out for those.

Watch it now! There are no spoilers, only crazy Otakon & pissed of Snake. :D
Kojima is a god.

Ploid 3.0

We really need anti spoilers out there. Someone that played through the game should go around making those lies that contradict the real spoilers and such :(. I try to give up the internet but I'm so weak.

Ploid 3.0

Antdogg355 said:
Wait a minute...are you saying the comments at youtube are fake?

Awesome. With that being said, I'm now pushing away anything dealing with MGS4 that's not this thread. No longer clicking links either. 4 more days.

Ephemeris

The Beggar said:
There are spoilers in the comments :(
5y3aohi.gif

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Darkpen said:
guys, didn't kojima come right out and say at the Konami gamer's day that he wasn't planning on fanning the flames of the console wars? :lol
I thought the same thing as everyone else at first, but upon second viewing, I'm starting to think it's not even a "console war" reference :O

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, how many times do I need to say this?

DO NOT READ ANY YOUTUBE COMMENTS.

Jesus Christ.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Wow, lol, awesome stab at the Xbox. You know, if somehow, someday, MGS4 is ported I would like to see how they manage that conversation (if they keep it at all) :lol By the way, my cousin got a PS3 with MGS4 in a local Wal Mart, so I'll be hitting down his house to play it. Oh yeah

Relix said:
Wow, lol, awesome stab at the Xbox. You know, if somehow, someday, MGS4 is ported I would like to see how they manage that conversation (if they keep it at all) :lol By the way, my cousin got a PS3 with MGS4 in a local Wal Mart, so I'll be hitting down his house to play it. Oh yeah

They will probably say something like how the 360 doesn't require installs.

Ploid 3.0

Catalix said:
I thought the same thing as everyone else at first, but upon second viewing, I'm starting to think it's not even a "console war" reference :O

Yea this has nothing to do with any other console. Although in it's state, if they was stuck on dvd PS3 it would need more disks, and if it was single layer, it would need a disk two.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Relix said:
Wow, lol, awesome stab at the Xbox. You know, if somehow, someday, MGS4 is ported I would like to see how they manage that conversation (if they keep it at all)
Uh, that will be the part where you will actually have to change the disc...

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Ploid 3.0 said:
Yea this has nothing to do with any other console. Although in it's state, if they was stuck on dvd PS3 it would need more disks, and if it was single layer, it would need a disk two.
That's why I think it's a direct reference to MGS1/PS1, not the competition.

Just throwing it out there.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
Ploid 3.0 said:
I dunno, in the original TGS trailer they joked about MG Mk II running on Cell, "the key to winning the console wars". :p

Ploid 3.0

Seiken said:
Guys, how many times do I need to say this?

DO NOT READ ANY YOUTUBE COMMENTS.

Jesus Christ.

I wasn't thinking and I wanted to see if a fanboy war broke out due to the touchy disk stuff, and the use of PS3, and Blu Ray in a game's cutscene.

Yoshichan

~Kinggi~ said:
hmm, so then, this is confirmation it is going to 360? OMG magaton!?
Yes! In fact, Kojima's sitting right next to me - he's actually telling me to confirm it on GAF!

roxya

I need GAF-advice.

Right now I live in a small room, so my PS3 is hooked up to nothing but a 20" bravia (though 720p). In about 4-5 weeks time, I'm moving house and I'll have loads of room to get a 5.1 sound system and a bigger TV.

So my question is, do I somehow wait until I get my new sound system? I've heard how good the sound is, so I want to play it how it was meant to be played. Problem is I'm not sure I can wait that long - I'm already itching to play it, plus it'll mean a further month of interwebs lockdown.

Help me decide, GAF!

Catalix said:
That's why I think it's a direct reference to MGS1/PS1, not the competition.

Just throwing it out there.
yeah exactly what is it. The only shot they ever took at XBOX was in the EARLY trailer where the called the cell the key to winning the console wars.

Yoshichan

BobTheFork said:
yeah exactly what is it. The only shot they ever took at XBOX was in the EARLY trailer where the called the cell the key to winning the console wars.
How do we know that?

h3ro

roxya said:
I need GAF-advice.

Right now I live in a small room, so my PS3 is hooked up to nothing but a 20" bravia (though 720p). In about 4-5 weeks time, I'm moving house and I'll have loads of room to get a 5.1 sound system and a bigger TV.

So my question is, do I somehow wait until I get my new sound system? I've heard how good the sound is, so I want to play it how it was meant to be played. Problem is I'm not sure I can wait that long - I'm already itching to play it, plus it'll mean a further month of interwebs lockdown.

Help me decide, GAF!

I'd play it on your current setup just to get it out of the way, then using the new setup on your second play through so you can pickup all the things you missed first time through...

Dante

BobTheFork said:

I saw it as a shot at the 360 :)

Darkpen

Banned
roxya said:
I need GAF-advice.

Help me decide, GAF!
buy surround sound headphones to use for now? D:

Bulla564

Banned
roxya said:
I need GAF-advice.

Help me decide, GAF!

I wouldn't be able to contain myself. I would play the game (buy surround PC speakers in the meantime) and replay the game later to enjoy its in full glory.

If avoiding spoilers is hard now, it will be nearly impossible 4-5 weeks from now.

Catalix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom