• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where can I find the story info about what happens to Raiden from the end of MGS2 til now - I just got done with replay of the series and now Im forgetting where we learn that Raiden is a Cyborg and etc..

Thanks!-

Darkpen

Banned
BobTheFork said:
yeah exactly what is it. The only shot they ever took at XBOX was in the EARLY trailer where the called the cell the key to winning the console wars.
lol, I remember that thread. Oh Shane, what will you say next.

For those who weren't there, or don't remember, try rewatching the MGS4 trailer where Vamp and Raiden fight in South America. The first half of that trailer is said to be Kojima's comment on the console war.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
NarcissisticJay said:
Where can I find the story info about what happens to Raiden from the end of MGS2 til now - I just got done with replay of the series and now Im forgetting where we learn that Raiden is a Cyborg and etc..

Thanks!-
As far as I know, MGS4 is supposed to answer all that.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Y2Kev said:
mgs4box.jpg

Someone should give this to Kojima. :lol

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Darkpen said:
lol, I remember that thread. Oh Shane, what will you say next.

For those who weren't there, or don't remember, try rewatching the MGS4 trailer where Vamp and Raiden fight in South America. The first half of that trailer is said to be Kojima's comment on the console war.
I think Bob's talking about the TGS 2005 trailer.

oneHeero

Catalix said:
That's why I think it's a direct reference to MGS1/PS1, not the competition.

Just throwing it out there.
Really? I dont remember a codec like this for MGS2 or MGS3. Let alone they mention BR and Ps3 specifically.

I cant believe that video, that was so hilarious. :lol :lol

Wow, South America? I've been out of the loop I guess. I thought the game was set only in the middle east.

Metal Gear Rex
Animated Codec convos
Not just in the middle east

This game is gonna be pretty good, I suppose.

Maybe I should leave this thread now. :lol

OPM guy in Bonus round confirms 20 hour gameplay...I sure hope Dabookerman really rushed through. Anything 15+ hours si good for me but I was promised 20 hours so ...damn..i want 20 hours :D

There is slighhhht spoilers in the bonus round about the end but you cant really make any conclusions on it so it shouldn't be to worrisome.

Catalix

NarcissisticJay said:
How do we already know he is sans penor?

I know its somewhere!
raidenlips.gif

Euphor!a

Banned
So I was checking my pre-order at the Gamestop website and I noticed it said pre-orders ship on the 12th, but on the bottom it says it guarantees delivery on the 12th, are people that ordered online going to screwed and get the game on the 13th instead of the 12th?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NarcissisticJay said:
Not to sound silly, but where is that from?

Ive been keeping away from must of the newer previews, its from something like that?
MGS4, Raiden. No spoilers.

Catalix

Darkpen said:
oh, yeah, I got my trailer console wars mixed up, lol D:

but still, this is the second "official" jab at the console war :D
:lol yeah, maybe. But, if this cute little "eatser egg" takes place exactly where I think it does, then it's playing a joke on our own memories, not XBOX.

However, if it is indeed just fuel for the console wars... then bring on the drama!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Y2Kev said:
Get the firefox scripts. They work wonders!
Link, please?

Teknoman

I just hope that since that on TV preview said in stores on the 12th, that you'll actually be able to pick up your preorder on the 12th. None of that late shipment crap.

jvalioli

Teknoman said:
I just hope that since that on TV preview said in stores on the 12th, that you'll actually be able to pick up your preorder on the 12th. None of that late shipment crap.
The game already shipped.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Teknoman said:
The game seems to be in most stores at this point anyway. If not for street dates we'd probably already be playing it. :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Chamber said:
The game seems to be in most stores at this point anyway. If not for street dates we'd probably already be playing it. :(

Yep. Most places will actually have it in their store on Monday...

chaoticprout said:
That's a spoiler in and of itself. FUCK YOU SIR.

For real... what the fuck.. its not like there is much in the title ... YA KNOW MAN?????

wow------------

Now I get to think how the title gets into the story ! no place is safe, not even Gaf's offical thread :(

Bail!

Yoshichan

hNmuEGAGx.jpg
hNmuEGAGx.jpg
hNmuEGAGx.jpg
hNmuEGAGx.jpg

THREE DAYS LEEEEEEEEEFT!!!

Sage00

Once And Future Member
GalacticAE said:
Can I watch that Blu Ray disc on an SDTV?
Yep. You can watch any Blu-Ray disc on an SDTV, it'll just output at your TV's max resolution (ie the same as a DVD).

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
GalacticAE said:
Can I watch that Blu Ray disc on an SDTV?
Yeah you can. Actually, I think even if you watch on SDTV, you can still notice a bump in quality from DVD.

beaten

Sage00

Once And Future Member
sykoex said:
Yeah you can. Actually, I think even if you watch on SDTV, you can still notice a bump in quality from DVD.
Audio would be superior if you can take advantage of that. Due to less compression you're right there would be less video artifacts etc, but it's nothing the untrained eye would notice unless you were really looking for it(with a comparison screen or something).

careksims

Teknoman said:

It will be on the 12th. At least my Gamestop has confirmed that. on the 12th when it opens at 10am :D

Gen-X

Banned
Acid08 said:
Wait, so the LE box is just that? A box? Not a metal case that hold the disk? It's just the SE and the other case in a fucking box? WTF :(
LOL you thought it would be a case oh hellz no it's like the Subsistence LE box that I have daz coo =D

Acid08

Banned
Gen-X said:
LOL you thought it would be a case oh hellz no it's like the Subsistence LE box that I have daz coo =D
I thought it would be made of metal or some shit. Or at least the LE version of the game has it's own cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom