• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yasser

Seiken said:
Now when I think about it... the Limited Edition sucks so much ass in Europe, it's not even funny :lol I'm about to pay $60 extra for a couple of extra things - why do I not get an exclusive front cover?!
crazy talk! i'd take the snake figurine over a different cover any day! besides, if it bothers you that much, print out the other cover ;p

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
brandonh83 said:
I'm rearranging my room over the next few days to pass the time.
On Friday, I was outside in a forest, pretending to be Big Boss (actually dressing like him too). I've never done this kind of thing in my entire life.

On Saturday, I was out bowling and lost horribly. That was the second time I've ever bowled in my life.

Everything. EVERYTHING. To pass time.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SamuraiX- said:
Just a quick question dude. If you still have the receipt, can you check if this is the right number for that guide: 832225.

I'm almost sure I preordered the Limited Edition strat guide... but I just want to be sure. Thanks in advance if you can help. :D
Yes that's the number.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kagari said:
Time to go to work and stare at the copies in the back room :(

:(
:lol

DunpealD

Killer said:
http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/metal_gear_sold_4_kuwait.jpg
http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/dsc01534kl1.jpg
http://kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/MGS41.JPG

Already on sale in Kuwait :(

Seiken said:
When is this fucking day over?! I want it to be 2 days left :mad:

THE PAIN! THE SORROW! THE FURY!
Those days left to MGS4 are the pure torture. But fortunately THE END of those days are near and then we can experience THE JOY of playing MGS4.

Apparently US is the only country with a LE version of the Guide :(.

Currently playing Persona 3 FES to pass the time. seeing the 6/12 date hurts... T_T

Kagari said:
Time to go to work and stare at the copies in the back room :(

Don't look at them or you'll be tempted.

Seiken said:
On Friday, I was outside in a forest, pretending to be Big Boss (actually dressing like him too). I've never done this kind of thing in my entire life.

On Saturday, I was out bowling and lost horribly. That was the second time I've ever bowled in my life.

hell I've resorted to decorating my myspace page and I hate that fucking place :lol

BigFwoosh

Are the contents inside the LE individually shrinkwrapped? I'm hoping that I'll be able to grab the game early and then sell the one that comes with my LE, and since the the regular version of the game comes in the LE package then that shouldn't be much of a problem.

Chamber said:
The two week wait was easier than the 3 day wait. :lol
It's like when you're on the way home and you gotta pee really bad. You can hold it for 20-30 minutes while in the car, but the moment you step through that door you're praying to whatever god you believe in that you have the speed to make it to the bathroom before you explode.

:lol I've never looked up so much MGS4 information for the whole two or three years it's been announced as much as I have today.

For my programs at work I almost typed in "MGS4" as my password. Usually I almost type in "neogaf".

<----- Needs to take a break...from everything.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
brandonh83 said:
hell I've resorted to decorating my myspace page and I hate that fucking place :lol

Oh shit!

The thing that I am doing to pass the time is probably playing TF2 on the PC.

tha_con

Banned
Seiken said:

I saved the "snake in a box" posted earlier, and I'm going to try to make tweaks to it to make "Old Snake in a Barrell".

We'll see how it turns out, could be fun...could make me pull my hair out. WHO KNOWS!?

I've been playing Ninja Gaiden 2, I should beat it around Wednesday. MGS4 will save me from the clutches of this masochistic punishment of a game.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Playing through MGS2 here. Beat the Tanker portion in 2 hours yesterday. So fun. I didn't plan on it but once I reached the ceremony I couldn't stop.

Kittonwy

Banned
TheJollyCorner said:
I've started catching garden snakes around my yard, eating them raw. The fuck is going on? :eek:

Are you hungry? Hungry for some SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
Indifferent2.gif

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
LiquidMetal14 said:
Playing through MGS2 here. Beat the Tanker portion in 2 hours yesterday. So fun. I didn't plan on it but once I reached the ceremony I couldn't stop.

I am just now starting it :)

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I started MGS2 last week with the intention of dragging it out until Thursday. Unfortunately, I ended up beating it in one sitting. :(

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kagari, do GS stores have the LE guide in yet? I'm gonna go pick one up if they do. I haz coupon.

Or are you guys getting them from amazon or something?

h3ro

Y2Kev said:
Kagari, do GS stores have the LE guide in yet? I'm gonna go pick one up if they do. I haz coupon.

Or are you guys getting them from amazon or something?

How much is the discount? Amazon is selling it for $23.

Doc Evils said:
Is anyone else pumped for this game? shit I've got adrenaline rush now.:lol
Super pumped.. I had never beat MGS3 and now I'm racing to beat it before Wednesday. When I first got it in 04 I stopped playing when I was stuck in The End fight, but this time I just passed The Fury and I'm in Grosnij Grad. Looks like I quit last time right before the story got good. I'm gonna try my best to squeeze in MGS:pO too but I doubt that'll happen. The controls pissed me off too much in my 1st playthrough and I stopped playing pretty early in. The camera and general difficulty to see things was what killed MGS3 for me in my 1st playthrough; good thing I'm playing Subsistence this time.

tha_con

Banned
Ran through a good chunk of MGS2 in one sitting last night, till like 1am. Then I thought...WTF AM I DOING!? IF I SLEEP, TIME PASSES FASTER!!! SLEEP YOU FUCKER SLEEP!!!

I then tried to sleep for the next hour. Fission Mailed.

Mifune

Mehmber
Years after first buying it, I'm finally working my way through Portable Ops. It's fun, but doesn't really feel like a MGS.

Definitely helps pass the time regardless.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
h3ro said:
Its weird. The amazon page says that the Guide is by Prima, but the Author is Piggyback. I'm confused...
On the "advertisement summary sheet" that came with it has the Piggyback logo.

llTll

Banned
after playing the game couple of hours. i have something bad to say ..

if you people hate installing. then you will probably hate it more now :(

thats all i can say

Yoshichan

llTll said:

thats all i can say
Old issue.

Synless

llTll said:

thats all i can say
All I have to say is that if you play all the way through the game and when you beat it and start a new game, are the installs permanently done or are they temp. for each act? If not and you only install them once wtf is the point of doing them inbetween chapters instead of one whole initial install?

Greg

Synless said:
All I have to say is that if you play all the way through the game and when you beat it and start a new game, are the installs permanently done or are they temp. for each act? If not and you only install them once wtf is the point of doing them inbetween chapters instead of one whole initial install?
Done before each act no matter what play-though you are on.

Synless

Greg said:
Done before each act no matter what play-though you are on.
So they are temp. installs then? That's a shame they couldn't have just done one install, oh well the game will be great regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom