• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Elbrain said:
I have to say out of the 4 chicks on 3 are really hot! bottom right really doesn't do it for me, I say it's the mole.

Of the 4 I think the lower right one looks the best. She darn perfect.

http://www.mahalo.com/Mieko_Rye <not exactly nsfw but you shouldn't be looking at vieo of a swimsuit photo shoot at work.

suzklg.jpg
2hobd4o.jpg

Elbrain said:
I have to say out of the 4 chicks on 3 are really hot! bottom right really doesn't do it for me, I say it's the mole.

Probably I'm being somewhat paranoid here but... "the mole" looks a lot like
Fortune
. Well in fact the other three also remember me of
olga, the boss and mei ling
, in a way that I wish I had never seen this pic... grr... maybe my superior intelligence has spoiled me the game...

So wait, is this not supposed to come out until tomorrow? Because I just walked into my Circuit City during lunch and bought a copy without hassle.

xray49er

This is going to be my first ever MGS game. Do you guys think I will be able to keep up with the game and the story or should i try to get the old games and play through them? Thanks

Magnus

The use of surround sound in this game just plain outclasses anything I've played before. I'm knocked so hard on my ass by this shit, it's amazing.

xray - playing the previous games will help immeasurably with the story. IMO, most of what happens will have incredibly small amounts of gravity if you have no idea what's happened so far. On the gameplay side of things, you could jump in here and have a complete blast.

xray49er said:
This is going to be my first ever MGS game. Do you guys think I will be able to keep up with the game and the story or should i try to get the old games and play through them? Thanks

there's no way in hell you're going to be able to follow this. you could still enjoy the gameplay and all but when it comes to the story you will be lost. play the others. hell, play them-- period, they're amazing games.

Volcynika

xray49er said:

You should maybe try to find Metal Gear Solid Essentials Collection or whatever. The story has a loooooooot of things included from what I hear.

xray49er said:

You absolutely must play all the previous games or else you won't really enjoy MGS4 at all.

Imm0rt4l

Omeyocan said:
Question: Metal Gear Online is a separate game that we have to purchase or is it in the same disc as Metal Gear Solid 4 ?
starter pack comes with mgs4, full game/expansion available in the fall.

xray49er

Thanks Magnus. I have just been reading this thread and other sites trying to get an Idea of the story. I may play the old games down the road right now i am just short on time so i'll play this and then later go back and try the rest

SaitoH

Going to be a rough day at work with the MGS 4 box sitting on my desk.

(1st post in thread so mad props to Bruce leeroy for his work on this official thread)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
xray49er said:
Damn, you'll have a hard time getting into the story.

Prothero

Neo Member
distantmantra said:
Is it this?

Actually, EGM said that there would be some kind of "Metal Gear Encyclopedia" released with MGS4 in one of their previews a while back. But that wouldn't be the surprise, right? If it's in a major gaming magazine, it's not exactly a secret or anything.

Caj814

got my final tonight for one of my big classes and I don't get out until 9 pm.I'm not gonna bother with the midnight release and instead pick up my LE copy right when gamestop opens tomorrow

Mromson

Seiken said:
Damn, you'll have a hard time getting into the story.
My first MG game was MGS2, and that one made itself perfectly clear. Didn't understand ALL of it, but the story wasn't THAT complicated for me to ask myself "wtf?"

People should really be fine with MGS4, as each MGS game starts and wraps up the key parts of the story, while leaving the door locked with a jammed keyhole. :D

... I would go to the midnight release, but it would be a waste if I had to go to work the next day. Unless I suddenly feel ill tomorrow :p

Kaytwo

Been playing the game for the last few hours, only now just stopped
where your entering Liquid's camp right after meeting Beauty & The Beast Unit
and wow is this game good. Graphics, sound - all of it. Just been having some audio trouble where the 2 front speakers seem muted when shooting but never in first person or in cutscenes.

P.S Can someone explain to me the opening with
the different tv channels and David Hayter?

BeeDog

Kaytwo said:
Been playing the game for the last few hours, only now just stopped
where your entering Liquid's camp right after meeting Beauty & The Beast Unit
and wow is this game good. Graphics, sound - all of it. Just been having some audio trouble where the 2 front speakers seem muted when shooting but never in first person or in cutscenes.

P.S Can someone explain to me the opening with
the different tv channels and David Hayter?

I think it's supposed to show how war-centric the world has become; they put commercials for war groups among regular TV shows and so on. Awesome awesome opening.

BeeDog

I'm surprised this game looks so sharp on my Full-HD set despite being sub-HD (if the MGO beta resolution still is valid). This game sure is a looker. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom