• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

PoliceCop

Banned
cicero said:
Well, I was pretty much in total opposition to your stated opinion here, that is until I saw your avatar, which of course made me realize that you are truly a man of sophistication and taste.

I will trust in your wisdom, sir.

I've actually never watched an episode of Idol. But for all your doubts surrounding my taste and sophistication the passing of time will prove me correct and you a heretic.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
bud said:
the reason i was saying that is beacuse previous mgs games didn't have long loading times--they were always only a couple of seconds long, iirc. but i hope it doesn't occure too often, as you said.

and can you force the game to install it all at once, though? i read in the other thread that the total install date is ±4.8gb (?), so allowing the player to do that would make it a non-issue--for me, atleast.
Honestly, I'm guessing that they need to install much more data than that. Sony did actually place limits (I believe) on the size of install data and perhaps they simply needed more. So, they probably install a certain amount of data for each chapter and roll from there. I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

mozfan12

Banned
Kandrick said:
Review websites should stop scoring the games, and just write the review, so people have to actually read it and get their own opinion based on that. Specially when they just give 10/10 score to anything anyway.

No more of the: "WTF MY FAVORITE GAME GOT ONLY A 9/10, WHY NOT 10/10, I DONT TRUST THIS WEBSITE ANYMORE". People focalize way too much on the score, read the actual fucking review.

the truth

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
umm... I just made my own
(with some blatantly stolen icons from the KZ2 theme)
MGS theme. If you guys are interested you can download it here
28luzpj.jpg

Doc Evils

PSM3 UK REVIEW

Metal Gear Solid 4: 95%. A richly-layered masterpiece but resolving the series' epic history takes its emotional toll.

SamuraiX-

Hey, guys. I have a simple question for everyone who's fully listened to the entire OST already. Are there any songs that hold potential spoilers that I should watch out for in terms of lyrics or anything like that? I'm putting the whole thing on my iPod and I'll be working outside and I don't want to screw something up because something gives off a hint that Snake fights the final Metal Gear on Mars or something. :lol

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
SamuraiX- said:
Hey, guys. I have a simple question for everyone who's fully listened to the entire OST already. Are there any songs that hold potential spoilers that I should watch out for in terms of lyrics or anything like that? I'm putting the whole thing on my iPod and I'll be working outside and I don't want to screw something up because something gives off a hint that Snake fights the final Metal Gear on Mars or something. :lol
Nope. Very spoiler free.

Like MGS3, I have a feeling the soundtrack will seem far more effective within the game itself.

kamorra: AWESOME looking theme. I'll try it on for size later.

Doc Evils said:
PSM3 UK REVIEW

Metal Gear Solid 4: 95%. A richly-layered masterpiece but resolving the series' epic history takes its emotional toll.

correct me if I'm wrong but is that trying to say its too emotional or something?

Metal Gear Solid 4 is an incredible game, BUT it's way too awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
SamuraiX- said:

Hmm, there's one
Father & Son
. But as far as everything else goes, you should be fine.

ianp622

brandonh83 said:
kamorra:

correct me if I'm wrong but is that trying to say its too emotional or something?

Metal Gear Solid 4 is an incredible game, BUT it's way too awesome.

Yeah I was wondering that too. I would want a game to take an emotional toll on me, and I hope that's where games are headed. Maybe they got depressed?

Decided to revert back to the icon I used a couple of years back when the game was unveiled and we were having shit fits. You know, for old time's sake. If you remember me using this icon, I salute you. :lol

cicero

PoliceCop said:
I've actually never watched an episode of Idol. But for all your doubts surrounding my taste and sophistication the passing of time will prove me correct and you a heretic.
If the "the passing of time" you are referring to is anything like MGS4 cut scenes, it could take years before my heresy is proven.

As for your avatar, I am sorry that I mistook it for real advocacy or support for the photographed singer instead of a bold expression of hipster irony. I should have known you would be too cool for that. Again, forgive me.

ianp622 said:
Yeah I was wondering that too. I would want a game to take an emotional toll on me, and I hope that's where games are headed. Maybe they got depressed?

man, I hope MGS4 ending is not one of those depressing artsy kinda ending like the ending from No Country For Old Man. I like the movie, but the ending really left me feeling empty and depressed.

elcapitan

Loading in between chapters? I mean, if the segments of the game are fully defined, it's a nice breather. Since its installation, it'll only happen once.

Callibretto said:
man, I hope MGS4 ending is not one of those depressing artsy kinda ending like the ending from No Country For Old Man. I like the movie, but the ending really left me feeling empty and depressed.

Yeah. I'm not worried though. I love No Country, and I don't have a problem with the ending, but on the other hand I don't know if I love the ending either. I certainly like parts of the ending quite a bit though.

But no, I wouldn't worry about this turning into an indie flick.

camaroace

Someone just pointed this out on a youtube comment about a relation between a certain song
Call me Hal
and the MGS2 spoiler
When Emma dies she tells Hal to call Her Emma and not e.e.
This would link these two scenes together.

camaroace said:
Someone just pointed this out on a youtube comment about a relation between a certain song
Call me Hal
and the MGS2 spoiler

Trust me, I've been thinking about that very connection for days. And it bothers me. =\

camaroace said:
Call me Hal
and the MGS2 spoiler
Oh shit.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
brandonh83 said:
Trust me, I've been thinking about that very connection for days. And it bothers me. =\

Same here...and the music isn't exactly "I'M IN AN ACTION MOVIE" like... :/

Lonestar said:

Personally I wouldn't like both
Snake AND Otacon dying
so I'm hoping that the track is referring to perhaps
a scene where Otacon is remembering Emma or something like that

Doc Evils

Pai Pai Master said:
I mean the bit about it being emotional. Were there any valid complaints about the game in the review, like with gameplay or something?

It's probably refrence to what other reviewers have said which made them cry.

camaroace

Lonestar said:

Well from the music I realized it wasn't going to be a good scene but after someone made the connection I was like "oh snap".

Euphor!a

Banned
camaroace said:
Call me Hal
and the MGS2 spoiler

Dammit... I really wish I hadn't of read that. What is it about those little black bars that just BEG to be highlighted.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
brandonh83 said:
I'm not quite sure if I like "Desperate Chase" more than the chase music at the end of MGS3, but it's damn close, and damned awesome.

Also agreed. It's damn good, but man, the chase on MGS3 was so freakin good, it demanded 2 or 3..or 4 tracks. Similar, but almost like an opera, with a building crescendo of music goodness.

Lonestar said:
Also agreed. It's damn good, but man, the chase on MGS3 was so freakin good, it demanded 2 or 3..or 4 tracks. Similar, but almost like an opera, with a building crescendo of music goodness.

Thankfully, overall, MGS4 has the best soundtrack of the bunch. By far, if you ask me.

I3rand0

Can someone link or post the background for the US LE that was in the other thread, I'd really like to use that cover as a background for my PC.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
brandonh83 said:
got a favorite track yet? have you listened to them all completely?

Yeah I've listened to the whole thing :D
Father & Son and Metal Gear Saga are probably two of my favorites, hands down.

Valkyr Junkie said:
Is there no Tappy song for certain? I've been treading lightly in this thread for fear of spoilers.

Nope. But you won't be disappointed.

Kagari said:
Yeah I've listened to the whole thing :D
Father & Son and Metal Gear Saga are probably two of my favorites, hands down.

My top five thematic tracks:

5. Old Snake
4. Love Theme
3. Here's to You
2. Metal Gear Saga
1. Father and Son

Top five ambient/action/other cues:

5. Vista Mansion (reminds me of MGS2 tanker music)
4. Crying Wolf
3. BB Corps
2. Violent Cease-Fire
1. Call Me Hal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom