• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloodwake

I was sad whenever I heard brandonh83 gave up the official thread.

I'm no longer sad.

What the fuck BruceLeroy. This is amazing. Good goddamn fucking job Shit.

Dante

Dever said:
I can tell that Crying Wolf and Screaming Mantis are going to be my favorites. Wolf's sobbing creeps me out, and it's probably a given that Mantis is going to be a total mindfuck.

It'd be awesome if she was the one who implemented in-game XMB into the firmware. Or just started pulling music tracks of your HD to fuck with you.. :lol

patsu

Ranger X said:
OMG. First time i click this thread.

Most. Amazing. Thread. Ever. Best thread i've ever seen since Internet exists!

:lol

Unlike other threads, this one I keep going back to the first page.

Ranger X said:
OMG. First time i click this thread.

Most. Amazing. Thread. Ever. Best thread i've ever seen since Internet exists!

bradpitt.gif

Thanks guys, and damn you people for bringing up the song
Call Me Hal
that could be connected to MGS2 where
Emma wanted Hal to her Emma, right before she died
. I hope it isn't true.

Honestly, I think even tagged spoilers should be banned in this thread. :(

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Attention collectors, I just picked this up today. Read the first 19 pages, VERY GOOD READ FOR FANS OR NEWCOMERS ALIKE.

SANY0947.jpg

SANY0949.jpg

Always-honest said:
use spoilers tags....
so you're a sucker for hollywood endings... plenty of that for you...
great ending imo. best guy walks away

no country for old man ending discussion
I'm not unfamiliar with sad ending, tragedy or irony, it's just even in those stories, the main character accomplished something meaningful. I still like the movie, I think it's very engrossing and full of tense atmosphere, even when there's no action on the screen. but like I said, the ending leave me feeling depressed and empty. I'm still not sure what's the message this film has btw, or if there's any.

this is getting off topic, anyway, back to my original point about hoping no depressing ending for mgs 4

SamuraiX-

LiquidMetal14 said:
Attention collectors, I just picked this up today. Read the first 19 pages, VERY GOOD READ FOR FANS OR NEWCOMERS ALIKE.

SANY0947.jpg

SANY0949.jpg

I have it sitting next to me right here. I've been dying to get started reading it, but haven't had a chance yet. Soon, hopefully. :D

ZeroTolerance

Seeing as how the OP like Resistance as well and with the excellent work done with this thread, I hope he makes the official Resistance 2 Thread.

Exempted

Banned
From the MGS novel:

'Merry Christmas,' Snake said as he delivered two powerhouse punches, left and then right, into the guards' faces. The soldiers plopped to the floor. 'I forgot to tell you - Christmas is early this year.'

uh

Kagari said:
Oh snap... I hope the Barnes and Noble here has it. 35% discount :O

Picked the book up at Barnes & Noble last night before my shift at GS - and abused my wonderfuly discount :D.

$12.95 book + GameStop discount + tax (my sales tax in CA is 8.75% ;_;)= a little over $9 for me.

Strangely, I have another copy sitting right next to me (ordered it off Amazon...)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Metal Gear?! said:
Videogame novels are awesome
I was glued to the book on the first bit. And incase anyone was wondering, Kojima/Ryan took part in the novel so it is "Official".

Kagari said:
Also, have there been commercials for the game on TV yet? I don't watch much so I haven't seen any...
I haven't seen one yet. The hype/ads on the internet is going well though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Auron_Kale said:
Picked the book up at Barnes & Noble last night before my shift at GS - and abused my wonderfuly discount :D.

$12.95 book + GameStop discount + tax (my sales tax in CA is 8.75% ;_;)= a little over $9 for me.

Strangely, I have another copy sitting right next to me (ordered it off Amazon...)

Not bad, if I do say so myself.

jdnation

Banned
Can that blue-tooth headset be used with your phones too? Because if it can then now I'll finally have an excuse to get down on one knee in a corner and put by fingers to my ear everytime I want to answer a call. My phone already uses the MGS1 ringtone, but I could always make it more exciting!

Also I set up the PS3 theme and it's awesome! How the hell do you manage to make random backgrounds though? The SFX are also great!

Teknoman

Finally installed M0dus' theme on my PS3 and wow! I dont think this theme is going to leave my PS3 for a very long time.

Not to down your past work or anything, but its an amazing improvement over the last MGS4 theme.

Gotta love that account management icon :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Uh... so I haven't read anything since thread page #10...

Anything special happened?

Awesome thread. Haven't decided if I'm going to get the MGS4 Bundle or not yet, but I seriously want to. Don't have a PS3, and up until now I never really considered getting one but...Come on...It's MGS4!

Hello children.

I have a request, and apologies if it has been addressed already.

What tracks from the OST are featured in all the official trailers that have been released?

I read every word, I actually learned a lot, and im a pretty die hard fan. The only thing I didn't read was the snippet on the MGS4 story.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dabookerman said:
Hello children.

I have a request, and apologies if it has been addressed already.

What tracks from the OST are featured in all the official trailers that have been released?

Mobs Alive
was from the E3 2007 trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom