• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
End game spoilers, taken from another forum:

Everyone goes on about the last fifteen minutes, but the half hour before that, where every major character gets killed off in succession, including Campbell, Otacon, Meryl, Raiden, and Naomi, it's true craftsmanship. The fact that only Snake survives makes it cooler, since he's the only one who wanted to die in the first place. Anyway, the last boss fight where the soul of Liquid possesses 100 Metal Gear COWs, whose legs are all based on Liquid's DNA, that was intense (not to mention impressive that the PS3 could pull that off). So was the one immediately before that where you have to trade your CQC knife for a cross stake to finally kill Vamp. The Sixaxis Metal Gear piloting could've used some work, but oh well.

dkeane

wow glad I only highlighted the first couple words and realized you're trying to get banned. You might want to give some context to your spoilers in the future. Or you're completely full of shit which is a good possibility.

NeoUltima

SolidSnakex said:
Edge and PSM3 says the game does have 90 minute cutscenes while TTP and GamePro say it doesn't. So I guess it just depends on who you choose to believe. Although TTP and GamePro both mentioned that it does have long cutscenes, just not 90 minutes long.
*lightbulb*
Perhaps some of the cutscenes are 90 minutes if the player opts to view all the optional flashback scenes.

SamuraiX-

If the guy was trying to get banned, I don't think he would have put spoiler tags. At least he had the courtesy to wrap his words in spoiler tags, even though he didn't do a very good job with his post. I honestly expect some fuckers to come in here within the last week and just list off spoilers without warnings because they wish to be banned or something. But I don't want to leave because I love this thread so much... :(

Here's to hoping it won't happen.

NeoUltima said:
*lightbulb*
Perhaps some of the cutscenes are 90 minutes if the player opts to view all the optional flashback scenes.
Or it's a string of cut scenes interrupted with player input, like in the first ten minutes of the game.

So now I pretty much know the ending? Cool.

Mromson

SamuraiX- said:
If the guy was trying to get banned, I don't think he would have put spoiler tags. At least he had the courtesy to wrap his words in spoiler tags, even though he didn't do a very good job with his post. I honestly expect some fuckers to come in here within the last week and just list off spoilers without warnings because they wish to be banned or something. But I don't want to leave because I love this thread so much... :(

Here's to hoping that new members won't be allowed to post at all ;P

Grayman

It would be best to pick up a dual shock 3 before the game comes out and charge it up right? Are they 50 Canadian everywhere?

SamuraiX- said:

If Halo 3 was any indication, it is bound to happen...unfortunately. :(

I seriously hope I am wrong though.

drknite

Can't wait to eat some Kobe tubesteak
New thread title should be:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Official Thread- No place to hide, Here spoilers abide

:/

drknite said:
New thread title should be:

Metal Gear Solid 4 Official Thread- No place to hide, Here spoilers abide

:/
Yeah that was a nasty thing to do. Knowing the ending hurts a lot, no finishing plot twist for me.

Klone.K

WTF??? TTP says there is barely any codec in the game?? That sucks ass. Not even any optional codec convo's? Ryan posted here a few months back saying there would be PLENTY of optional codec convo's, what gives?

The codec was awesome as an optional way of getting even more backstory on characters and plot. Heck, I found new conversations even after my 5th playthrough of MGS2. If MGS4 doesn't allow me to interact with the characters through codec and flesh the story out even more that will suck donkey balls.

Also 15 minutes of cutscenes for 2 hours of gameplay better be way off...I want an equal of both. Is TTP trying to kill my hype here and ruin the game for me or something? Damn...

Seriously, TTP just killed my MGS4 erection that I've maintained for over a month now with his anti climatic words...
Please be a fake...

Or I pray for Eurogamer and Edge to be right and for you to be in an advanced stage of severe Alzheimers...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
ToyMachine228 said:
Is there anywhere online I can read about it? So I know how long it's going on, what exactly I need etc. Also, will it apply toward the MGS4 Bundle?

Hm, not that I can find.

The deal is you trade in a PS2 with two controllers and a memory card and get $80 for it. Normally the system is worth $35 or $40 depending on the model. I don't know if they're extending it past June 8, but I imagine they will so people can use the deal on the MGS4 bundle.

Dever

Banned
I don't think end game spoilers should be allowed, spoiler tags or not. Go to GameFAQs or something if you want to discuss that stuff.

Klone.K said:
WTF??? TTP says there is barely any codec in the game?? That sucks ass. Not even any optional codec convo's? Ryan posted here a few months back saying there would be PLENTY of optional codec convo's, what gives?

From what i know, people dont send you codec messages but you can send them codec messages. Also, others talk to you directly. I don't know how it works but im sure optional convo are there...

Klone.K

shagg_187 said:
From what i know, people dont send you codec messages but you can send them codec messages. Also, others talk to you directly. I don't know how it works but im sure optional convo are there...

Phew...I don't mind them getting rid od the mandatory codec convo's. But the optional ones were full of easter eggs, they were totally awesome. Well that's good news. I'm pretty sure he's totally off about the 2 hours gameplay and 15 minutes cutscenes though. Ok, I'm back hard again going for the world record here, thank you :D

Dever

Banned
shagg_187 said:

I thought it was the other way around and you actually can't call anyone? It kind of sucks though, I'm playing MGS2 right now and calling Otacon while looking at a girl poster is hilarious. :lol

Rainy Dog

Ynos Yrros said:
This review is actually a glowing review written by a non fan.

I tried pointing that out earlier. People's backs went immediately up at the score though. Edge were the only ones that didn't hyperbole the special preview back in March so the actual review was fairly predictable following that. It reads pretty much per all their MGS reviews. They highly appreciate the games but aren't particularly tolerant of the indulgences. And I think its now clear that MGS4 is gonna be more indulgent than ever :) Which is great for most of us in this thread...but will likely convert no one and turn more casuals away than ever.

A big problem with the review though is that its much too short. Most things seem to be touched upon but far too briefly. I have a feeling that all these reviews written after these strict HQ playthroughs aren't quite...the real deal. Kudos to those that are waiting out the NDA's to give it a proper going over.

Klone.K said:
Phew...I don't mind them getting rid od the mandatory codec convo's. But the optional ones were full of easter eggs, they were totally awesome. Well that's good news. I'm pretty sure he's totally off about the 2 hours gameplay and 15 minutes cutscenes though. Ok, I'm back hard again going for the world record here, thank you :D

LOL! You're welcome.

IF IM CORRECT:

Codecs kill the pace of the game and casual gamers hate it so in MGS4 they can communicate to you without you stopping and going. That said, you can definitely communicate with others with the standard stop-and-go codec messages. Ryan commented in recent podcast how the codec conversations looks great and 3D instead of the static codecs in previous games. He also confirmed that you cannot contact Drebin in codec (confirming that codec convos are still intact).

BlueSummers said:
Since in game XMB is coming very close to this game's launch, do we know if MGS4 is supporting trophies yet?

You never know! It might. Infact, it better since MGS4 has loads of easter eggs! :)

BigBoss said:
You can send messages, you can receive messages, you can't input the frequencies anymore like in past games.

Yep! That too. :)

SolidSnakex said:
Edge and PSM3 says the game does have 90 minute cutscenes while TTP and GamePro say it doesn't. So I guess it just depends on who you choose to believe. Although TTP and GamePro both mentioned that it does have long cutscenes, just not 90 minutes long.

i don't like gamepro so i'll choose not to believe them.

Rainy Dog

SolidSnakex said:

Edge's exact words are that there is two cutscenes approaching 90 mins in length. Suppose it depends on how you interpret 'approaching', but I think we can safely expect that to mean definitely over an hour long. Which suits me just nicely :)

NeoUltima

So anyway....
I can't wait to see how awesome the bosses are going to be in the game. I'm also curious if (Not a spoiler if you've seen E3 07 trailer)
you fight Vamp. Will you just watch Vamp and Raiden fight to the death in a cutscene? Will you fight Vamp as Snake? Or will Kojima let us control Raiden once more? Or perhaps something totally unpredictable happens?

Mromson

BigBoss said:
You can send messages, you can receive messages, you can't input the frequencies anymore like in past games.
Wrong. You can input frequencies in MGS4, just like in the past MGS games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom