• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mromson

SolidSnakex said:
Not according to Ryan.
Yes, he said that during the first public demo showoff. Later he stated that they changed it back so you could input frequencies, since the fans demanded it.

BlueSummers said:
Since in game XMB is coming very close to this game's launch, do we know if MGS4 is supporting trophies yet?
Very probable. If SONY was planning to add trophies to the console, then they have undoubtedly involved publishers in it, and certainly when it comes to big exclusive IP's such as MGS4.

Rainy Dog said:
Edge's exact words are that there is two cut scenes approaching 90 mins in length. Suppose it depends on how you interpret 'approaching', but I think we can safely expect that to mean definitely over an hour long. Which suits me just nicely :)
Taking a WILD guess here (ok, I'm pretty sure to be accurate ;p), the OPENING and ENDING cut scenes? ;)

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
The instrumental version of Calling into the night is so damn good, I wish it was on the official soundtrack.

Exempted said:
Dude, I really don't think that was the real ending.
I would hope so, but it sounds sort of plausible for Kojima to end the game with ultimate twist.

If it's fake, then I will get a double whammy expecting it to happen.

NeoUltima said:
So anyway....
I can't wait to see how awesome the bosses are going to be in the game. I'm also curious if (Not a spoiler if you've seen E3 07 trailer)
you fight Vamp. Will you just watch Vamp and Raiden fight to the death in a cutscene? Will you fight Vamp as Snake? Or will Kojima let us control Raiden once more? Or perhaps something totally unpredictable happens?

Spoiler concering his question:

From what i read, Raiden and Snake fight Vamp together. You control only snake though.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Why do we put end-game spoilers when the game is not widely available yet? No spoilers from the game here please. We are still a couple weeks away, that's the last thing we need.

SamuraiX-

lostxii said:
nice thread

off topic: does anyone know if the new mgs novel is any good?

I've only read the first 30 pages of it, but I think it's definitely worth a purchase, whether you're a reader or a collector. Snake's dialogue is kind out out-of-character at times and he might remind you of the Snake from Metal Gear Awesome, but it's basically the same dialogue from the script of MGS1 presented in a narrative with Raymond Benson (the author) adding in extra lines when wanting to present more humor during the story.

I like it so far. 320 pages. I'm only at the part where Snake first sees Liquid going up the elevator at the docks.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
SamuraiX- said:
I've only read the first 30 pages of it, but I think it's definitely worth a purchase, whether you're a reader or a collector. Snake's dialogue is kind out out-of-character at times and he might remind you of the Snake from Metal Gear Awesome, but it's basically the same dialogue from the script of MGS1 presented in a narrative with Raymond Benson (the author) adding in extra lines when wanting to present more humor during the story.

I like it so far. 320 pages. I'm only at the part where Snake first sees Liquid going up the elevator at the docks.
I just finished that section as well. I would say Snake is a little more jokeful but not a lot. I like how they explained how Master Miller
dies in more detail
. This has already filled more story holes in the little I've already read. HIGHLY recommended. I've been absorbing a lot of MG right now and I really stress for fans to buy this. On another note, if you have MGS3 Subsistence LE, watch Disc 3. It is really worth it.

Ceb

Mromson said:
That.

Do NOT read the US OPM review! Look at the score and MOVE ON. Kinda hate myself for reading some of it...

It really came from nowhere too. Like, "blah blah, so to wrap things up: it's really, really good. oh yeah, in the final part of the game, you get to..."

What's the point of throwing that into a review?

Ah well...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Thread seems to be doing alright. No spoilers :)

Grayman

NeoUltima said:
Although I may be spoiled for reading that, I don't give a shit. That sounds awesome.
That does sound really awesome. Although I also want the game to have
special sword controls
like in MGS2 at some point.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it is time to...
2u8gdg3.gif

NeoUltima

dankir said:
Anybody have any of the tech specs yet? As in what kinda audio this game outputs, 1080p, install size etc?
Off the top of my head...Supports 7.1 dolby, upscales to 1080p, install is about 4.6 gigs.

Laurent

drknite said:
He's talking about the huge box of black with end-game spoilers on previous page.
Oh, just saw it, it makes sense...
I think it fits as well with the liquid drops on the character names from the third trailer?

Gilgamesh

TheMostGorgeous said:
End game spoilers, taken from another forum:

So was the one immediately before that where you have to trade your CQC knife for a cross stake to finally kill Vamp.
Castlevania crossover confirmed?

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Thanks BruceLeeRoy for the effort!

And the Wallpapers you did are fantastic, great job.

This is my most anticipated game of the last couple of years... can't wait!! Will stay out of this thread until I've played it though, don't want to be spoiled... I remember what happened to Halo 3 fans on this forum.

lostxii

SamuraiX- said:

ok, thx

Sorry to ask so many straight up PS3 related questions, but I'm really considering buying one solely for MGS4 so...Is the MGS4 80GB PS3 bundle backwards compatible? The $499.99 one. Just trying to get my facts straight. Thanks.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The 80gig version in US is BC. The versions in Europe/etc are not

and oh shit im bailing out of this thread now lol...

NeoUltima

BruceLeeRoy said:
Spoilers are scary but as long as everyone follows the OP we should be fine the mods are going to be watching this pretty closely.
The game is already leaked out. I saw pictures on another site. So they should be watching it extremely close even at this stage.

NeoUltima said:
The game is already leaked out. I saw pictures on another site. So they should be watching it extremely close even at this stage.

Are you kidding me 0_0 ahhhh well that sucks. We really should have another thread just for people that beat the game to discuss it and keep this one spoiler free.

Can someone confirm or deny whether those spoilers are true? At least tell me where they were found? They seem way to, un-Kojima. The spoilers just don't seem legit.

snack said:
Can someone confirm or deny whether those spoilers are true? At least tell me where they were found? They seem way to, un-Kojima. The spoilers just don't seem legit.

I wanna help you, I really do. But I ain't gonna risk reading that stuff, sorry. ;_;

Darkpen

Banned
Ynos Yrros said:
So is it confirmed to be fake? I read the first line and it made me a sad gaming soul.
no idea, people are calling it fake, I'm not looking at the previous pages, so *shrug*

Darkpen said:
no idea, people are calling it fake, I'm not looking at the previous pages, so *shrug*
Yeah i wasnt looking but apparently someone mentioned a possible ending in another previous page. God i love how this thread began, but its gonna go to hell rather quick the closer we get to release date. Color me a sad panda.

Exempted

Banned
The first few lines of the fake spoilers sound plausible... but it quickly turns into fanfiction-level "omg snake turns into an alien and blows up the moon" level stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom