• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdnation

Banned
It's almost June 1st!

Will there be another 'Did ju rike it' video???

Is Ryan Payton making more secret YouTube and AIM accounts right now?

Will Kotaku give us the scoop?

Will it be MGS related themes, clothing, objects and levels for LittleBigPlanet???

Stuffed Sackboy doll for Sunny confirmed???

BELIEVE! :D

jdnation said:
It's almost June 1st!

Will there be another 'Did ju rike it' video???

Is Ryan Payton making more secret YouTube and AIM accounts right now?

Will Kotaku give us the scoop?

Will it be MGS related themes, clothing, objects and levels for LittleBigPlanet???

Stuffed Sackboy doll for Sunny confirmed???

BELIEVE! :D

EVERYBODY! KEEP YOUR AIM ACCOUNTS READY :lol

~Kinggi~

Banned
Hey, anyone have a link to where i can view that mgs 3 movie that was in the mgs 3 limited edition? I'd rather watch that than play the game again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
~Kinggi~ said:
Hey, anyone have a link to where i can view that mgs 3 movie that was in the mgs 3 limited edition? I'd rather watch that than play the game again.

You mean the secret theater?

just replayed mgs2 today and in all the times i've beaten the game i've never noticed it but supposedly
in the end cinematic when snake and raiden are on the street talking about raidens dog tag, you can see vamp in the background??

has anyone ever seen him? maybe i'm blind.

criesofthepast said:
just replayed mgs2 today and in all the times i've beaten the game i've never noticed it but supposedly
in the end cinematic when snake and raiden are on the street talking about raidens dog tag, you can see vamp in the background??

If I'm correct, you can only see it in Secret Theater mode.
EDIT: Better answer below me :p

criesofthepast said:

Yes, it's true. If you zoom in at the right time, you can catch a glimpse. In the Document of MGS2, you can literally view the cut scenes at any angle and distance to further confirm it.

HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yes, it's true. If you zoom in at the right time, you can catch a glimpse. In the Document of MGS2, you can literally view the cut scenes at any angle and distance to further confirm it.

Man....that was so bad ass I remember doing that over and over till I saw it. Only time gamefaqs has been good to me.

m9lg2f.jpg

HomerSimpson-Man said:

Yeah. It wasn't even a 3D model, just some plane with an alpha channel.

brandonh83 said:

Nice Brandon I like it.

Kagari said:
An actual moving countdown would be rad.

No kidding if there was only some way I could get flash in this site I could make a bad ass one.

Starting on Monday next week there will be a different graphic to represent the days but man I still wish I could just make a flash one.

i just found a video on youtube of someone zooming into the background and there he is standing by a car. i would have freaked if i noticed that 7 years ago. kojima's level of detail is so amazing.

criesofthepast said:
i just found a video on youtube of someone zooming into the background and there he is standing by a car. i would have freaked if i noticed that 7 years ago. kojima's level of detail is so amazing.

Post the video baby I want to relive that!
Nevermind here it is: Link

Hey brandon whats the deal with your tag?
WOWHAWK!!!

I dont get the Turok reference.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey brandon whats the deal with your tag?
WOWHAWK!!!

I dont get the Turok reference.

In a Warhawk thread I think, I called the game WOWHAWK and it sorta stuck, the Turok reference is there because one day I was taking a walk and 4 8 15 16 23 42

brandonh83 said:
In a Warhawk thread I think, I called the game WOWHAWK and it sorta stuck, the Turok reference is there because one day I was taking a walk and 4 8 15 16 23 42

Ahhh gotcha.

criesofthepast said:
i'm on the ps3 browser so i can't copy n paste the link but google 'mgs2 vamp end' and it's the first link.

Thanks man found it.

DrBo42

I just read the Eurogamer review of MGS4. Holy shit that was rough. It sounds like there are some deeply flawed acts in this game. I can't understand it, some reviewers are saying the 2nd act is amazing and others say it's a joke.

Eurogamer said:
You're sorry to see Snake go. But should you be? Guns of the Patriots is a frustrating, fractured game that turns Metal Gear Solid's world upside down several times over, but never changes it. It just burrows deeper into what fans love and detractors hate than ever before, and it will make few converts. It's a crying shame, given how many genuinely classic gaming moments there are here, given the countless exquisite creative touches, but Metal Gear Solid 4 is its own worst enemy. You could not ask for a funnier, cleverer, more ambitious or inspired or over-the-top conclusion to the Metal Gear Solid series, but it's definitely time to move on.

We love you, Snake. Don't come back.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DrBo42 said:
I just read the Eurogamer review of MGS4. Holy shit that was rough. It sounds like there are some deeply flawed acts in this game. I can't understand it, some reviewers are saying the 2nd act is amazing and others say it's a joke.

Probably a love it or hate it thing.

DrBo42

BlockBastard said:
I don't think the EG reviewer likes Metal Gear games at all. 'Twas probably like asking an FPS fan to review a Final Fantasy.
Maybe, I dunno. The EDGE review is kinda the same way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DrBo42 said:

Edge's preview a couple issues ago was similar though. I was kind of expecting them not to give it a glowing review.

DrBo42 said:

Edge gave both MGS2 and MGS3 8's. They've always been critical of the MGS franchise. If you've been looking forward to 4, and I'm assuming that you are based on your pimped-out avatar, there is really nothing to worry about - MGS4 will be mind-blowingly amazing and I will be my left nut that it will not disappoint fans of the series.

SamuraiX-

Hey, can anyone give me a link to the MGS "World Tour" page? It says on www.metalgearsolid.com that it was opened today, but I can't find it...

Apparently Kojima, Yumi, and Ryan will in San Francisco on June 14th, the Saturday after the game's release. That's like a 2 hour drive from my house. I'm definitely going if I can find an address for exactly where they're gonna be. :D

DrBo42

You know, I just re-read the Eurogamer review. He barely talks about anything but the story in detail. I think he just really hated the narrative.

Link

The Autumn Wind
I'm avoiding this thread until I play the game myself, but I have a quick question. Has it been confirmed that the soundtrack included in the LE is the complete soundtrack, or is it just highlights?

Link said:
I'm avoiding this thread until I play the game myself, but I have a quick question. Has it been confirmed that the soundtrack included in the LE is the complete soundtrack, or is it just highlights?

The OST that games with the LE is limited.

Ephemeris

SamuraiX- said:
Hey, can anyone give me a link to the MGS "World Tour" page? It says on www.metalgearsolid.com that it was opened today, but I can't find it...

Apparently Kojima, Yumi, and Ryan will in San Francisco on June 14th, the Saturday after the game's release. That's like a 2 hour drive from my house. I'm definitely going if I can find an address for exactly where they're gonna be. :D

Here you go

http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/world/index_en.html

jdnation

Banned
DrBo42 said:

Apparently EDGE's review says that the latter part of MGS4 strays into a bit of 'MGS2' type territory levels of craziness... I for one am pleased! :D

brandonh83 said:
I'm about as worried over sub-par acts in this game as I am over Nintendo announcing the next Zelda to be on PC.

Seriously, the love that goes into every corner of a Kojima productions game is unrivaled. I can't wait to see what kind of awesome easter-eggs they've hidden in the game world.

Can't. Fucking. Wait.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Link said:
You're sure? I don't want to order the OST just to find out that I didn't need to.

The description says 'Import Soundtrack' That's all the details given. I do believe it is the full thing though.

Link said:
You're sure? I don't want to order the OST just to find out that I didn't need to.

I'm sure.

Kagari said:
the description says 'Import Soundtrack' That's all the details given. I do believe it is the full thing though.

The OST that comes with the LE has 25 or less tracks while the full OST has 47.

It's definitely not the full thing. The LE would be an absolute steal if it included a 47-song soundtrack in addition to the other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom