• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to think this entire game is basically a tribute to Solid Snake. I'm willing to bet the last 3-4 hours of this game is basically one giant funeral for our chain-smoking badass.

SamuraiX-

Ephemeris said:

Thank you kindly, sir. :D

Now I have everything planned out. It'll take me 1 hour and 54 minutes to reach the Sony Metreon in San Francisco on Saturday, June 14th. While the actually time will probably be like 3 hours because of fucking San Francisco traffic, I should be able to make it by the afternoon. Now Payton mentioned on the latest podcast that the signing event will be held there Saturday afternoon, but he never specified a time... And neither does the schedule on that "World Tour" page...

Damn. Anyone happen to have any further information on the exact times when they start? I'll probably leave around 9 or 10 AM and be there by 12 or 1 PM just to be safe, but I wondering when it'll actually start. Hopefully they update the page with a time estimation.

SamuraiX- said:

Now I have everything planned out. It'll take me 1 hour and 54 minutes to reach the Sony Metreon in San Francisco on Saturday, June 14th. While the actually time will probably be like 3 hours because of fucking San Francisco traffic, I should be able to make it by the afternoon. Now Payton mentioned on the latest podcast that the signing event will be held there Saturday afternoon, but he never specified a time... And neither does the schedule on that "World Tour" page...

Damn. Anyone happen to have any further information on the exact times when they start? I'll probably leave around 9 or 10 AM and be there by 12 or 1 PM just to be safe, but I wondering when it'll actually start. Hopefully they update the page with a time estimation.

If I were you, I'd leave much earlier. If I were you that is.

If I were you.

Ephemeris

SamuraiX- said:

No problem. I just wish I could get my LE signed ;___; As said, you should leave earlier.

SamuraiX-

BlockBastard said:
If I were you, I'd leave much earlier. If I were you that is.

If I were you.

:lol :lol :lol

That's probably a good idea, since there might be extended traffic because it's a Saturday... with half of the cars being filled with Metal Gear fans. :lol There might also be a huge line over there...

The one thing that scares me is if I don't beat the game by Saturday... There maybe people in line talking about it and just be throwing out spoilers about areas toward the ending that I don't know about. Shit. Now I have to make it a personal mission to get it done before I leave for that event.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kagari said:
D: Maybe I should order it then...
I would. It's not like it costs any more than the standard edition. It's just a nice bonus for getting in on the ground floor.

This game is costing me over $100, haha.

SamuraiX-

http://www.westfield.com/metreon/ourstores/index.html

There's the official website listing the many stores inside the Metreon.

It looks like there is one called "Playstation" and anther called "Sony Style". Both are in the "Electronics and Home Entertainment" category, so I wonder which one the Koji-Pro crew will be at... I'm probably guessing the Playstation section since Mark says on the podcast that they'll be at the "PlayStation Store". I'll probably just give them a call the day I leave and ask (read: demand) where the God who created the Metal Gear series is located. :lol

Link

The Autumn Wind
Kagari said:
Ordered. I'm such a consumer whore, I couldn't pass it up XD
I hear ya. I also made sure to get the firstpress of the MGS3 OST when it released. Got a sweet poster out of that one.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
the full sound track box and small booklet thing is BEAUTIFUL.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

booklet has semi transparent high quality paper and is very very stylish.

:bow

and yes 47 tracks, not sure people want to look at the details to much, may very well be a bit spoilerish.

Link

The Autumn Wind
DCharlie said:
the full sound track box and small booklet thing is BEAUTIFUL.

BEAUTIFUL!!!

booklet has semi transparent high quality paper and is very very stylish.

:bow
Sweet. Totally looking forward to receiving my copy.

So, from what it seems like, is the LE even worth it? The OST isn't even the full one and I guess I can live without the artbook (which will probably hit the internets soon after), not to mention that it's 25 bucks more than the regular edition.

Am I missing anything?

effingvic said:
So, from what it seems like, is the LE even worth it? The OST isn't even the full one and I guess I can live without the artbook (which will probably hit the internets soon after), not to mention that it's 25 bucks more than the regular edition.

Am I missing anything?

A lot of great high-def bonus/making-of material... in ADDITION to the great looking art book and soundtrack.

oh, and much superior packaging art.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
effingvic said:

Am I missing anything?

90 minute making of documentary + 30 minute Japanese documentary say yes.

darkvir

effingvic said:

Am I missing anything?

The guys from Game Trailers actually filmed the documentary, they were over at Kojima Productions for about 6 months. Should be good.

jdnation

Banned
Kagari said:

Correction: 90 minute making of documentary + 30 minute Japanese documentary in high definition on a blu-ray disc!

And last time I checked blu-ray at retail costs quite a bit more than your fuddy duddy DVDs :p

Will the Bonus Blu-ray discs be the same for Japanese and NA in terms of voice and subtitles? I have the Japanese Limited Edition on order.

Kagari said:

Acid08

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
http://www.westfield.com/metreon/ourstores/index.html

There's the official website listing the many stores inside the Metreon.

It looks like there is one called "Playstation" and anther called "Sony Style". Both are in the "Electronics and Home Entertainment" category, so I wonder which one the Koji-Pro crew will be at... I'm probably guessing the Playstation section since Mark says on the podcast that they'll be at the "PlayStation Store". I'll probably just give them a call the day I leave and ask (read: demand) where the God who created the Metal Gear series is located. :lol
Well it used to be the Sony Metreon. I remember that from when it first opened up :p. They better let us bring in copies that we already bought. MY LE needs a large ass Godjima signature on it.:D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DancingCactus77 said:
Will the Bonus Blu-ray discs be the same for Japanese and NA in terms of voice and subtitles? I have the Japanese Limited Edition on order.

I'm not sure on that.

Guled said:
my exam week starts the day after this comes out :(

Yeah it sucks...mine start the day this comes out. I am going to the midnight launch only to pick up the game, go home and study. Sometimes I hate the way my college is set up.

Costanza

Banned
hey Kagari, do you know if your store is getting enough LEs for every preorder yet? i'm still worried about mine being too late or something :\

I'm so glad I don't have college, and just a part-time good paying summer job for when this comes out. When MGS2 and MGS3 came out I had college, and it was painful to be sitting in class with that shit back at my dorm.

Acid08

Banned
I'm graduating high school on June 12th :D . So after graduation practice in the morning I'll go pick up my copy. I probably won't start it until the next day though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Costanza said:
hey Kagari, do you know if your store is getting enough LEs for every preorder yet? i'm still worried about mine being too late or something :\

Yeah we will be. They haven't shut off the reserve SKU yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom