• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shagg_187 said:
Here's a spoiler for you:
He'll go in dry
You DO know that I'm not going to read that, right?

SamuraiX-

Darkpen said:
To GAFers going to SF:

On friday, I'll make a thread for the official meetup:

We should try to meet up before they start making a line or something (hopefully, it won't be something like Kojima and gang being there all freaking day from morning). I want to have us organized and together in line. The reason for this is for a potential photo opportunity that has all of the GAFers together, perhaps behind kojipro.

And most of all, I want us saluting.

If someone's bringing a friend that isn't part of GAF, that'd help a lot for picture taking.

EDIT: I know everyone will be busy playing MGS4, but please try to find the thread. It'll be spoiler-free (hopefully).

That'd be sweet, man! I'll definitely be looking for that topic come next Friday. :D

Everyone is saluting with Kojima in the middle. That'd be awesome, hehe.

I swear, I'll probably feel like the youngest one there though. I know most of you are probably +20 years old. :p

Darkpen said:
SamuraiX, are you sure you'll be able to bring a video camera? That'd be really helpful. We could splice together the wait, getting in, introducing everyone from GAF on camera, and finally, getting to see the man himself.

Not necessarily a video camera. Just a good quality picture camera that can record videos. The videos I've recorded on it in the past turn up pretty good too. :)

BeeDog

shagg_187 said:
Your loss. I was just trying to help you when you two get comfy in the bed ;)

Seriously... Carry a lube if you don't wanna read that spoiler :lol

:lol Who said I didn't bring it with me?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shagg_187 said:
Your loss. I was just trying to help you when you two get comfy in the bed ;)

Seriously... Carry a lube if you don't wanna read that spoiler :lol
Just read it :lol :lol

mileS

Choke on the Magic said:
Throwing poison dart frogs or rotten food when he's hungry makes the fight pretty easy too.

Yea and something I just found out yesterday makes the fight even easier. You can use your fake death pill then The Fear will come up to your body and say some random stuff. If you wait like 10-15 seconds he will turn his back to you, thats when you can get back up safely. The trick here is to throw a stun nade at his feet and empty a full clip into him (it takes away his stamina instead of his life bar when hes stunned by the stun nade) It's the quickest way to beat him and its also a super easy way to get his camo.

Heres the video of a guy doing the trick, but its best to wait another 5 seconds for the fear to turn his back on you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yq_6D9y-HM

To get back on topic holy shit I can't believe its so close!

mileS said:
Yea and something I just found out yesterday makes the fight even easier. You can use your fake death pill then The Fear will come up to your body and say some random stuff. If you wait like 10-15 seconds he will turn his back to you, thats when you can get back up safely. The trick here is to throw a stun nade at his feet and empty a full clip into him (it takes away his stamina instead of his life bar when hes stunned by the stun nade) It's the quickest way to beat him and its also a super easy way to get his camo.

Heres the video of a guy doing the trick, but its best to wait another 5 seconds for the fear to turn his back on you.

That sounds fun. I'm going to give MGS3 one more play through before MGS4.

Imm0rt4l

thanks again for an awesome thread, but I think I'm wait till I finish the game before clicking this thread again. This is too much, and my will power is only so strong, I'm afraid of accidentally highlighting a spoiler tag. Till 6/12

SamuraiX- said:
That'd be sweet, man! I'll definitely be looking for that topic come next Friday. :D

Everyone is saluting with Kojima in the middle. That'd be awesome, hehe.

I swear, I'll probably feel like the youngest one there though. I know most of you are probably +20 years old. :p

Not necessarily a video camera. Just a good quality picture camera that can record videos. The videos I've recorded on it in the past turn up pretty good too. :)

Well I'm only 19, so no worries there.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Dever said:
Nah, unless MGS is suddenly a fantasy game, a better explanation would be nice. Just like instead of Fortune being a witch or something,
she was protected by some bubbleshield developed by the Patriots.
MGS might as well be a fantasy game. So much of the stuff is supernatural. Psycho mantis could read minds, decoy octopus could make himself look like anyone, ocelot got his body taken over by liquids arm and the entire series is based around things called metal gears which are basically huge piloted robots. They now even have mini versions that have reptile-like legs and make mooing noises!

Ephemeris

*twiddles thumbs*
I finished MGS3 (again) a couple days ago, guess it's time for MGS2. Then I'd coast towards the release date with the bourne conspiracy and the hulk game.

Hopefully. :/

Laurent

prettyvacant77 said:
That cutscene in the video was actually on TV in the UK on the Playr show on Bravo (where it was captured from). Not too spoiler-ish really, nothing plot related.

Edit: Beaten, damn!

Was gobsmacked when they showed it though, nowhere's safe from MGS spoilers :lol
You are on a Metal Gear thread, if you state that a Metal Gear game feature a Metal Gear, people are going to turn batshit insane screaming to "spoiler that shit right away!!!"

Yoshichan

RamzaIsCool said:
Ngai said that MGS4 may not have TV spots. Is it me or doesn`t that make any sense.
What the fuck?

Yoshichan

Laurent said:
You are on a Metal Gear thread, if you state that a Metal Gear game feature a Metal Gear, people are going to turn batshit insane screaming to "spoiler that shit right away!!!"
Wait, there are "real" Metal Gears (size of Ray/Rex) in MGS4? WTF.

jdnation

Banned
MTV is already partnered with Konami to promote MGS4 during the movie awards or something. They have two TV spots cut from the theaterical trailer.

I'm sure there will also be trailers in theaters. I mean I saw the Heavenly Sword CG spot there, so surely it's appropriate that Sony places some MGS4 ones there... They oughta put one in front of the Dark Knight! But that's a whole month away...

Laurent

mileS said:

But you have only one revival pill in the whole game, or am I mistaken?

Cedeo

I haven't played any of the series for more than an hour four years ago, is this game for me?

I'm a fan of shooters and stuff like Splinter Cell.

Yoshichan

Cedeo said:
I haven't played any of the series for more than an hour four years ago, is this game for me?

Yes.

mileS

Laurent said:
But you have only one revival pill in the whole game, or am I mistaken?

I used to think the same but apperently theres 5(fake death pills). Don't gotta worry about the revival thing in your tooth, you can use that as many times as you need.

Laurent

mileS said:
I used to think the same but apperently theres 5(fake death pills). Don't gotta worry about the revival thing in your tooth, you can use that as many times as you need.
WOW, THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING... I'll try stuff up...

mileS

Laurent said:
WOW, THAT CHANGES EVERYTHING... I'll try stuff up...

heh I tried doing the trick twice but The Fear doesn't fall for it the second time.

"I know about your pill trick" he says as he shoots arrows at your body playing dead. :lol

Cedeo said:

It's hard to say. By the sounds of the Edge and Eurogamer reviews, KJP havent done much to broaden the appeal of the title beyond the hardcore fanbase. Give it a try though, if you've got a PS3.

Dante

GauntletFan said:
It's hard to say. By the sounds of the Edge and Eurogamer reviews, KJP havent done much to broaden the appeal of the title beyond the hardcore fanbase. Give it a try though, if you've got a PS3.

Sigh....You mean besides totally revamping the controls and camera?

GauntletFan said:

Keep on fightin' the good fight chump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom