• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menaged said:
Is this ad safe spoiler-wise?

It's the theatrical trailer that came out recently. It reveals new locations, a beauty, and some set pieces. According to Ryan and Mark it really doesn't reveal any big spoilers.

Schrade

NeoUltima said:
The first video on this page is clearly a TV ad:
http://n4g.com/ps3/News-151990.aspx
Fuck.. Quit linking to that shithole please! Always link to the direct source:

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2008/06/01/exclusive-metal-gear-solid-4-trailer/

I was able to eek out a 640x480 video from them by changing the URL of the rtmp:// stream but it wasn't deinterlaced right and the bitrate is still too low. Higher resolution than the 320x240 version though.

If you want the .flv version of the 640x480 stream, you can get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jf585

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DrBo42 said:
The twist is that Snake has been a Metal Gear the whole time! Dun dun dunnnn.
Oh snaaaaaap!

Dever

Banned
DrBo42 said:
The twist is that Snake has been a Metal Gear the whole time! Dun dun dunnnn.

Wow... That explains everything... The bandana, his voice... Oh my God, the moustache..! It all makes sense now!!

DrBo42

Seiken said:
Oh snaaaaaap!
I just had the most horrible mental image. Snake on the roof of some building falling to his knees coughing like we saw in one of those trailers. He frantically searches for one of those injection devices he has, but he has run out. He slowly stands up and opens his mouth, as soon as he does that dinosaur sound Rex makes comes out. He then shoots a laser from his Solid Eye and lays waste to the PMCs below.

Laurent

Schrade said:

I was able to eek out a 640x480 video from them by changing the URL of the rtmp:// stream but it wasn't deinterlaced right and the bitrate is still too low. Higher resolution than the 320x240 version though.

If you want the .flv version of the 640x480 stream, you can get it here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/9jf585
NICE! THANKS! (Being Canadian, I couldn't access to the MTV videos, which is rather stupid)

The first video alone is over 20 mins. Um... just recaps and stuff.

Laurent said:
Wow, lots of stuff... By the way, if you choose to download the 4 files, they will appear as Flash Video (.flv) but are in fact MPEG-4 (.mp4).

Schrade said:

Thanks alot!! :D

Now... wheres my 30sec clip? :)

PlayStation Official Magazine (UK): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (US): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Italy): 10/10
PlayStation Official Magazine (Dutch): 9.6/10
Level (Sweden): 10/10
Joypad (France): 19/20
Jeuxvideo Magazine (France): 18/20
Chief (Belgium) : 9.7/10
Hobby Consolas(Spain) : 9.6/10
GamePro : 5/5
HardGame2 : 9/10
Meristation : 10/10
IGN UK : 9.9/10
Eurogamer : 8/10
Gamesmaster 97 / 100
PSM3(Portuguese) 94 / 100
Jeuxvideo : 9/10
Playfrance : 9.5/10
PTOM (USA) : 10/10
EDGE: MGS4 Review 8/10

Nice summary of review scores so far.

http://www.cng4u.com/2008/06/02/mgs4-installation-time/#more-371

Dever

Banned
DancingCactus77 said:
Gamesmaster 97 / 100

Nice summary of review scores so far.

http://www.cng4u.com/2008/06/02/mgs4-installation-time/#more-371

Average of 9,495/10

yay

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
You guys sure that the short trailer posted by MTV is a TV ad? I ask this because 22 seconds in you see a sigarette. I don`t know how it is in the US, but here that is a big no no for a commercial.

Vagrant

Kagari said:
lol, N'Gai.... no TV spots, pffft.
Are these commercials exclusive to MTV?

Sony better put commercials for it everywhere, lord knows they helped buy enough time for those stupid Haze commercials.

Turk

Vagrant said:

Sony better put commercials for it everywhere, lord knows they helped buy enough time for those stupid Haze commercials.

My guess is Konami isn't putting up too much money for TV advertising but Sony is probably gonna but some funds behind the game or bundle at least.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vagrant said:

No idea, but I imagine we'll see some sort of commercial on other channels.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Less than two weeks!! OMFG!!!

*squeals like a little girl*

Come on Sony and Konami, there should be an advertising explosion!!

It's already being advertised heavily in game retail stores ;D

jdnation

Banned
Just finished watching the whole Famitsu thing. There are technically some 'new' scenes in there but no spoilers, nothing you haven't seen in trailers. Besides the whole thing is largely a retrospective of the events in MGS3, MG, MG2, MGS1 and MGS2.

The whole thing is in Japanese and no subtitles, but I really believe someone ought to subtitle them and pass them on to anyone who hasn't played the MGS series. It appears pretty well done and informative and well made. A hell of a lot better than those pathetic articles by IGN and 1UP to inform newcomers about the plot. And just maybe more informative of the storyline and presentable than the GT retrospectives too... but until I can understand what's being said I'll reserve judgement.

But seriously someone should translate and subtitle these and YouTube 'em...

Kagari said:
It's already being advertised heavily in game retail stores ;D

Customer: Hi. How much for Wii Fit?
Kagari: Sorry, It's available for Japan only. We do, however, have METURA GAIR SOLIDU: GUNZU OF THA PAYTRIOTSU!
Customer: ... But I don't own a Pl..
Kagari: QUIET YOU! BUY NOW!
Customer: ...

Just read through just about the entire thread. Backstory and all. God damn, almost forgot how much I love the Metal Gear Solid series. Thinking of starting a new Twin Snakes game right now just for the hell of it. Seriously considering buying a PS3. Possibly the Walmart deal. My purchase will stimulate the economy!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
shagg_187 said:
Kagari: Sorry, It's available for Japan only. We do, however, have METURA GAIR SOLIDU: GUNZU OF THA PAYTRIOTSU!

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
shagg_187 said:
:lol :lol

Ephemeris

DancingCactus77 said:
Gamesmaster 97 / 100

Good.. Good..
Everything is proceeding as I have forseen.
10nc7eq.gif

shagg_187 said:
:lol :lol :lol

Volcynika

My friend keeps saying his GameStop will do pre-orders of the PS3 bundle one week before it comes out. He's like "THIS DONT MAKE NO SENSE" etc.

I lol'd.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Volcynika said:
My friend keeps saying his GameStop will do pre-orders of the PS3 bundle one week before it comes out. He's like "THIS DONT MAKE NO SENSE" etc.

I lol'd.

Wrong, he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom