• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZObsessed

woah guys, theres a life size Old Snake figure being sold on ebay:

link

8933_1.JPG

£640 ($1280) :lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FFObsessed said:

link

8933_1.JPG

In fact, you can win it by pre-ordering the game at www.spelbutiken.se

KZObsessed

Seiken said:
I usually don't care for Gamespot reviews, but I'm kinda interested in what they'll give it.

IGN's review is the only one I'm really interested in reading, with big sequels I'm really not bothered about what other people say because I'm going to buy it and decide for myself. But Jeff Haynes is a big MGS fan so it will be a fan's review.

He also gave MGS3 a 9.8 which is my favorite one, so I'm interested to know if he thinks MGS4 tops it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BlockBastard said:
Greg Kasavin should do a special guest review for Gamespot. :<
That man gave MGS3 a 8.7 :mad:

bigswords

BlockBastard said:
Pretty short, but yeah, I really can't wait to see what KP is capable of doing next. They got their next-gen feet wet with MGS4 so their next project should be an absolute beauty.

ZOE 3!

lherre

Accurate
FFObsessed said:

link

8933_1.JPG

I had a figure like this but with snake in MGS3 ... :D

Tomorrow is the presentation here in Spain of MGS4 in the Santiago Bernabeu (unlucky i can't go, but I have 2 friends that can go)

Eight days (nine really) til midnight launch! It almost doesn't seem real. It's been seven year since anyone played as Solid Snake and it was only briefly. Somehow it makes this even more epic. More legendary. I'm going to cry big salty tears.

Edit: Also anyone who hasn't visited the m0dus custom theme thread yet should. That new MGS4 theme is pure sex with MGS sound fx and all!

Pretty sure I'm going to be getting a 40GB PS3 this week at Walmart for MGS4. Not entirely psyched to be soon owning a PS3, but overly psyched to soon be playing MGS4.

ToyMachine228 said:
Pretty sure I'm going to be getting a 40GB PS3 this week at Walmart for MGS4. Not entirely psyched to be soon owning a PS3, but overly psyched to soon be playing MGS4.

Why the hell would you not be?

Mromson

BlockBastard said:
Pretty short, but yeah, I really can't wait to see what KP is capable of doing next. They got their next-gen feet wet with MGS4 so their next project should be an absolute beauty.
Well, there are talks that Hideo Kojima's next game (Currently titled Project S) will be the sequel to Snatcher, co developed with Suda51 (Killer 7, No More Heroes). So far, only a radio drama has been announced, but you know... :D

Personally I would love to see the return of Adventure games. The mere thought of Hideo Kojima creating an Adventure game sends shivers down my spine, with the hopes that the old Lucas Arts type games will one day return. I'm picturing Guybrush Threepwood with Kojima's face right now. :lol

BlockBastard said:
The medicom figure shits all over that. And for $200, it should.

%5CAUTOIMAGES%5CDC11269lg.jpg

Figure looks fine to me. I have the regular version of the Snake figure on my desk (along with Snake wearing the Octocamo mask) and it looks awesome.

Medicom made both the RAH figures as well as the 7" figures (like the one in the LE). Main difference between the RAH figure and the 7" is the fact that the straps are actually fabric and that it's bigger...as well as the fact that the RAH figure is nearly 10 times as much as I paid for the 7".

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
BruceLeeRoy said:
Main page will now have a countdown.
And yes it will reflect east coast time(damn 3 hours into the future bastards).

It's my only joy at not being able to see Kojima :X
At least I'll gave the game before you west coasters XD

Ceb

zoukka said:
In the beginning I dreamed of bosses which could almost decimate the whole place you fight 'em. You know, like chasing you through walls and crumble whole buildings. Then we learned the destructo-enviroments went out of the window so I guess they are more traditional.

Supposedly, one boss fight will be like that....

Kagari said:
It's my only joy at not being able to see Kojima :X
At least I'll gave the game before you west coasters XD

Maybe - but at least I can say that I've had my game signed by the KP team. As well as try to have Solid Snake himself sign it when I go to Anime Expo this coming July :D.

Barakov

SRG01 said:
Man, if this game has
Snake and Eva kissing
, :lol

I wouldn't put it past Kojima. In fact
I expect him to do it if there's nothing more between Snake and Meryl.

SRG01

Barakov said:
I wouldn't put it past Kojima. In fact
I expect him to do it if there's nothing more between Snake and Meryl.

Nothing like
some old lovin'
:lol

See what I did there?

I can't remember who it was who was planning on making the SF meet-up thread, but that person should make it soon...I like to plan ahead.

Jimmy Stav said:
I can't remember who it was who was planning on making the SF meet-up thread, but that person should make it soon...I like to plan ahead.

Me too. After talking with one of the Playstation store employees, this is what they know so far: All day events on the 14th, store will be shut down from 2-3pm to set up, signing is at 4-6pm.

Dante

I wish Sony released a PSN widgit for your PS3 desktop like a countdown timer....Fuck make the information board useful and switch it to that :D

Auron_Kale said:
Me too. After talking with one of the Playstation store employees, this is what they know so far: All day events on the 14th, store will be shut down from 2-3pm to set up, signing is at 4-6pm.

Nice, I thought it'd be later in the day. I'm all of getting there early.

I'll probably leave Dublin around maybe 7 or so...Mel's and Denny's are near by so I can just hang there for breakfast before getting in line afterwards.

Acid08

Banned
Auron_Kale said:
I'll probably leave Dublin around maybe 7 or so...Mel's and Denny's are near by so I can just hang there for breakfast before getting in line afterwards.
That early :O? Jeez is there any word on how early people are going to be out there?

kuYuri

Weren't we supposed to see some MGS4 content on the PS Store sometime before the launch of the game? Whatever happened to that?

BeeDog

Strider2K99 said:
Weren't we supposed to see some MGS4 content on the PS Store sometime before the launch of the game? Whatever happened to that?

You don't include all those trailers, wallpapers and the beta?

kuYuri

BeeDog said:
You don't include all those trailers, wallpapers and the beta?

No? Besides, there was only one wallpaper on the store.

I'm not going to whine about it, I'm just wondering if it's still happening.

To clarify, I'm talking about some PSN exclusive content shortly before the release of MGS4.

rikichi

Auron_Kale said:

if you say that it'll start around 4 then ill try to be in line exactly at 7.

also, when they said it'll be an all day event, what did he mean by that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom