• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.
BruceLeeRoy said:
Hey nobody from Konami has a gaf account do they?
I need to see If I can get some more high res screens for wallpapers.

Ryan and Brandon (the guy that does Metal Gear Monday) both have accounts.

SamuraiX-

About the San Francisco event, I'll probably be getting there around 12 noon (hopefully). Are you allowed to save places in lines? Like if I show up and already see people from GAF up ahead in the line, can I just move up? Think the store people will have a problem with that? :lol

SamuraiX- said:
About the San Francisco event, I'll probably be getting there around 12 noon (hopefully). Are you allowed to save places in lines? Like if I show up and already see people from GAF up ahead in the line, can I just move up? Think the store people will have a problem with that? :lol

This is why we should have a meet-up of some sorts. After being burned twice by the Final Fantasy events (even though I got a t-shirt at one of them), having some form of organized group is the way to go as there are always people coming/going for various things - learned that when I went to the Nintendo SSBB tournament with friends.

So...who's up for making the thread for the meet-up?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
00:01!

8 DAYS LEFT!

Dunk#7

Crap. My Gamestop was listed as one of the stores that would be doing the Midnight launches, but I called them and they said they have not be given any indication that they will be.

Was that list that was posted on the GAF forums an official mandate? Should I put my faith in that or should I assume it is a no go due to what the store told me?

omg :lol This is so wrong. Work for ya?

29uztpi.gif

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11440776&posted=1#post11440776

Dartastic said:
:lol WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Ephemeris said:
I hope there's something in there that requires my enemies to
switch controllers
o__o

Cause I'm definitely gonna drive the newbies crazy with that one. :lol

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Also, we had better be able to
read other people's game saves.
:D

:lol

we suppose to be working together and you go and
flip sides
on me!

Choke on the Magic said:
Sweet. I was just given the day off June 12th! Now I have three days to enjoy MGS4 alone and uninterupted.....I need to get some rations and cigarettes.

Way to go bro I just got it off today too for ummm family reasons...

neojubei said:
Thanks, so are you BruceLeeRoy. This is quite possibly the best thread ever.

Now you sir are far too kind.

Ephemeris

g35twinturbo said:

we suppose to be working together and you go and
flip sides
on me!

I wonder if he would have an assistant like Old Snake does.
Ryder said:
Just started my MGS2 playthrough, 8 days to beat it, then MGS3. Oh crap what am I doing here! (runs to PS2)

Currently fighting Vamp myself.

Ephemeris

BruceLeeRoy said:
Anyone by any chance know where I can find the button layout for MGS4?
I swore there was a picture of it ... somewhere. I'll see if I could find it and let you know

Edit: Not what I had in mind, but beaten

SamuraiX- said:
http://konami.jp/mgo/us/manual/manual.php?env_sessionID=6

There you go, good sir! Those are actually the controls for MGO, but I assume they are exactly the same for MGS4. :D

Ephemeris said:
I swore there was a picture of it ... somewhere. I'll see if I could find it and let you know

Edit: Not what I had in mind, but beaten

I have to say you guys kick serious ass you have no idea what a big help that is to me thank you thank you.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BruceLeeRoy said:
I have to say you guys kick serious ass you have no idea what a big help that is to me thank you thank you.
Man, don't worry! You're the man around here.

SamuraiX-

It looks like there are "??" signs next to some of those buttons, left me help fill them in...

Triangle Button
Special actions (salutes, etc.)
When aiming weapon: Switch to First Person
When moving: SOP link
During CQC capture (with required skill equipped): Cut throat attack or scan
When lying: Tap to flip over
ying on belly: Hold down to scout crawl
Lying on back: Hold down to play dead

X Button
Crawl / OK Button
When running: Roll
When aiming while lying:
Hold X Button + Hold L1 button and Press left analog stick horizontally to execute barrel roll

Circle Button
Reload / Cancel Button

Square Button
Switch Auto Aim on/off

Anyone else get a bit excited and then let down when the song (MGS4 OST spoiler track)
"Father & Son"
hints at the old theme ever so slightly but doesn't continue? It burns me so bad.

SamuraiX- said:
It looks like there are "??" signs next to some of those buttons, left me help fill them in...

Triangle Button
Special actions (salutes, etc.)
When aiming weapon: Switch to First Person
When moving: SOP link
During CQC capture (with required skill equipped): Cut throat attack or scan
When lying: Tap to flip over
ying on belly: Hold down to scout crawl
Lying on back: Hold down to play dead

X Button
Crawl / OK Button
When running: Roll
When aiming while lying:
Hold X Button + Hold L1 button and Press left analog stick horizontally to execute barrel roll

Circle Button
Reload / Cancel Button

Square Button
Switch Auto Aim on/off

I thought triangle while in prone in any direction is play dead. To do the scout crawl didn't all you have to do was slighlty move the analog stick.

Also R2 becomes a secondary fire button when L1 is pressed, for instance it shoots grenades from a launcher attachment.

BigBoss

MiamiWesker said:
I thought triangle while in prone in any direction is play dead. To do the scout crawl didn't all you have to do was slighlty move the analog stick.

Also R2 becomes a secondary fire button when L1 is pressed, for instance it shoots grenades from a launcher attachment.

Press triangle firmly to play dead, tap triangle to flip over...you're correct about the scout crawl.

I updated the gameplay section with controls and I would appreciate if Samuari and whoever wants to gives it a look to make sure I got everything correct.

Ephemeris

BruceLeeRoy said:
I updated the gameplay section with controls and I would appreciate if Samuari and whoever wants to gives it a look to make sure I got everything correct.
Haven't checked out the specifics, but awesome presentation as always.

BruceLeeRoy said:

Just what we were talking about above. Hold down triangle in any prone position to play dead. To scout crawl you lightly move the analog stick while prone.

There are sixaxis controls if you want. Tilt the controler up and down (like a steering wheel) to take off octocamo. When in a dumpster raise or lower the controller to peak out of the dumpster.

Want MK2 controls?

MiamiWesker said:
Just what we were talking about above. Hold down triangle in any prone position to play dead. To scout crawl you lightly move the analog stick while prone.

There are sixaxis controls if you want. Tilt the controler up and down (like a steering wheel) to take off octocamo. When in a dumpster raise or lower the controller to peak out of the dumpster.

Want MK2 controls?

Thanks for posting that bit about taking off octocamo.... I've always wondered how to get back to default if I wanted to. Was hoping there'd be a way for the actual game.

daegan

Dunk#7 said:
Crap. My Gamestop was listed as one of the stores that would be doing the Midnight launches, but I called them and they said they have not be given any indication that they will be.

Was that list that was posted on the GAF forums an official mandate? Should I put my faith in that or should I assume it is a no go due to what the store told me?

Are they a mall store? Plenty of malls have two stores; there's one nearby my home where only one of them is doing a midnight. :D

Xtyle

I have a theory about Naomi and the purple flowers based on the courage is solid trailer

I just watched the courage is solid trailer again. In 1 scene, Naomi asks Snake, "You don't trust me?"...the way she sounded...doesn't give me a good feeling...like she could be working as a spy or something...and at the same time, she's holding the purple flowers...could those flowers be affecting snake or have some physical...what's the word..

I think I have a problem. I have a total lack of interest in anything right now because of MGS4. I have many games on the back burner that I could stick in and play to pass the time.... but I look at the games and just shrug it off and go right back online (aka: here). Oh well. One and half weeks and I'll be cured....

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I think I have a problem. I have a total lack of interest in anything right now because of MGS4. I have many games on the back burner that I could stick in and play to pass the time.... but I look at the games and just shrug it off and go right back online (aka: here). Oh well. One and half weeks and I'll be cured....

Haha, I feel the same way :(

newsguy

I didn't beat 3. Am I a candidate for this one? I mean I'm still going to play it, but will I be lost without 3 (I watched that little history of DVD that came with the beta BTW).

MoonsaultSlayer said:

I've got the exact same problem. My friend is gonna be asking for his copy of Godhand back soon and I've been neglecting to play it because of my anticipation for MGS4. The wait fucking sucks.

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Yep, same here.

Got a huge backlog full of PS2 games especially RPG goodies, the PS3 and 360 is sitting there with plenty of great games to be played to boot, hell even got a quad-core PC with an 8800GT card with Crysis and Orange Box begging to be played......but my mind is like only on MGS4.

I keep telling myself to just play my games like normal, but I can't for some reason....just knowing the long wait for MGS4 is nearly over is simply eating away at me!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom