• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NarcissisticJay said:
Question:

If the offical Turok thread got pinned, how is this one not?

BIZARRO WORLD!
Answer:

Check the OP.

rikichi said:
if you say that it'll start around 4 then ill try to be in line exactly at 7.

also, when they said it'll be an all day event, what did he mean by that?

It'll probably be something along the lines of what they did for the Final Fantasy PSP launch, giving stuff and whatnot.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Man no joke I wish there was a way we could at least upload our own.
This. The avatar choices are weak to say the least.

NarcissisticJay said:
Question:

If the offical Turok thread got pinned, how is this one not?

BIZARRO WORLD!

This is MGS4 dude. The greatest official thread ever created by the grand master of threads BLR. Recognize!:D

Dartastic

Have any of these been claimed yet?

lexdysia

Banned
Choke on the Magic said:
hiltoegaf.gif

Dude. You should keep the one you have and go to the Snakify thread. Have someone put an eyepatch on Obama and a mustache on Hilary's crotch. :lol

I would support that.

<-------

Dartastic

Choke on the Magic said:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/chan925/hiltoegaf.gif[IMG]

Dude. You should keep the one you have and go to the Snakify thread. Have someone put an eyepatch on Obama and a mustache on Hilary's crotch. :lol[/QUOTE]

:lol WHAT A FANTASTIC IDEA!

rikichi said:
if you say that it'll start around 4 then ill try to be in line exactly at 7.

also, when they said it'll be an all day event, what did he mean by that?

The information the guy gave me (they actually just found out about a few days ago) was kinda rough but he said to come back next week to get more information. But I figure that they'll be doing some trivia and other stuff for free schwag and whatnot.

And yeah, if anyone was at the Final Fantasy launches, then the event is pretty similar to those so get there early...as there are usually tons of people who get in line with their friends at the last minute as well as the usual delays.

DunpealD

In case that some of you never heard of it or forgot to read it, there's a very interesting analysis of MGS2 done by James Clinton Howell(was a guest at KP report) which also got mentioned at Ryan's blog and in one of the Reports.

Driving Off the Map: A Formal Analysis of Metal Gear Solid 2

There are some spoilers so those who still have to play through MGS and MGS2 should stay away from it.

The funny thing about it is, it partly explains why Raiden wasn't received that well, I think. It's a must read for MGS fans, because there are really interesting subtleties pointed out.

Acid08 said:
That early :O? Jeez is there any word on how early people are going to be out there?

Not too early...since the train ride's like almost an hour long so I'll get there probably after 8 or so. After attending the Final Fantasy launches - I want to be as prepared as possible...

tha_con

Banned
The wait is seriously eating me alive. I'm on my third play through of MGS2. Dog tag mission...not complete. I HAVE TO GET THEM ALL.

You guy's remember when Konami was taking names from Fans to put on Dog Tags? That would have been an awesome tradition to carry on with MGS4.

Or an excellent feature to take into MGO, you create a Dog Tag with info on it and a personal quote, and you can collect them. As you rank up, the Dog Tag get's things on it, making them more 'rare'. That would be pretty damn cool.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Going back to the boss battles, if there is going to be a fight with a metal gear (which I presume there will be), it needs to be brilliant. Hopefully as good as or better than the shagohod fight and nothing like RAY in MGS2. The RAY battles in MGS2 were a complete dissapointment. They were just too easy and it wasnt that exiting. It would have much better if you just had to fight 1 or 2 and they were really tough. They made up for it in MGS3 though, the fights with the shagohod were great.

Socreges

Banned
WHOOOOO!!

just made a deal with my buddy so i won't have to buy a ps3. i borrow his ps3 and buy mgs4. once i finish it, i give the ps3 back and he keeps mgs4. if i ever buy a ps3, i get the game back.

Blu_LED said:
Guys tell me what you think

Is it possible that I can beat MGS:pO, MG and MG2 by the 12th? I just beat Null for a first time in PO.

They're all pretty short. So unless you aren't going to have much time to play up until then, you shouldn't have any problem making it through all 3.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Socreges said:
WHOOOOO!!

just made a deal with my buddy so i won't have to buy a ps3. i borrow his ps3 and buy mgs4. once i finish it, i give the ps3 back and he keeps mgs4. if i ever buy a ps3, i get the game back.

Haha, my friend did the same thing with me on Skate.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
tha_con said:
Or an excellent feature to take into MGO, you create a Dog Tag with info on it and a personal quote, and you can collect them. As you rank up, the Dog Tag get's things on it, making them more 'rare'. That would be pretty damn cool.
Thats actually sounds like a really good idea!

Blu_LED said:
How much more do I have to go in PO?
You're about halfway through. I completed the game a few days ago and it took me almost 18 hours. If you skip all the optional stuff the game is quite short.

Edit:
Is it me or it's impossible finding the ESSENTIAL COLLECTION in stores?! Was it limited?!
It was rumored to be a limited release, but I don't recall seeing any numbers.

Shit.

Is it me or it's impossible finding the ESSENTIAL COLLECTION in stores?! Was it limited?!

Man, MGS4 is coming out in 2 weeks and I can't find any MGS ESSENTIAL COLLECTION in the Montreal are!

BruceLeeRoy said:
Main page will now have a countdown.
And yes it will reflect east coast time(damn 3 hours into the future bastards).

Noooooo now I have nothing to do at midnight every night!

Just kidding, that's awesome.

-COOLIO- said:
from gamefaqs: psycho mantis is in MGO

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=1&cId=3165577

(ctrl f pyscho mantis)

BALLIN I SAY. BALLIN

but fuck them when they say "the team has learned from the mistakes of MGS3: Subsistence's clunky online mode"
Wouldn't put too much weight into it. They say that Snake and Psycho are rewards to skilled gamers, which isn't true, Snake is assigned to a random player in sneaking mode.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Ynos Yrros said:
Wouldn't put too much weight into it. They say that Snake and
Psycho
are rewards to skilled gamers, which isn't true, Snake is assigned to a random player in sneaking mode.
the beta may have been missing it but im pretty sure we'll see the return of special characters from the original (where top scorers got to play as the stars). I think Raiden was confirmed to be one a long while ago.

rikichi

Auron_Kale said:
The information the guy gave me (they actually just found out about a few days ago) was kinda rough but he said to come back next week to get more information. But I figure that they'll be doing some trivia and other stuff for free schwag and whatnot.

And yeah, if anyone was at the Final Fantasy launches, then the event is pretty similar to those so get there early...as there are usually tons of people who get in line with their friends at the last minute as well as the usual delays.

shit, thats pretty cool then.

i'm definitely gonna try to get there as early as possible.

So doesn't the MGO serves go up this week for the media? Should we expect previews or something. Its a week away from release and we know exactly what will be included in MGO, I know 5 maps and the game modes from the beta but are any of that extra stuff already in?

Ploid 3.0

I took one of those avatars that Choke The Magic posted. Seems he's having second thoughts about using one of them. I just hope this one isn't a spoiler too.

Dante

Well great that just got spoiled for me :/

Check your goddamn spoiler tags people. :mad:

Edit thank god...It's only MGO

:lol

mileS

SolidSnakex said:
Next Wednesday is when GT will be posting their review.

I'm staying the hell away from GT's video review until after I finish the game thats for sure. I don't care how spoiler free they say it will be i'm sure theres going to be a lot of new footage that we haven't see before that could possibly spoil the game.

I wasn't worried about getting GTA4 spoiled but the GT video review kind of showed a little too much of the game in my opinion.

Ephemeris

Teetris said:
Oh shit, wonder
if he can fly too

I hope there's something in there that requires my enemies to
switch controllers
o__o

Cause I'm definitely gonna drive the newbies crazy with that one. :lol

Ephemeris said:
I hope there's something in there that requires my enemies to
switch controllers
o__o

Cause I'm definitely gonna drive the newbies crazy with that one. :lol
Also, we had better be able to
read other people's game saves.
:D

DrBo42

h3ro said:
this. game. is. fucking. awesome.

sweet! I'm a videogame journalizer!

We just need to hook you up with some converse and make you hip. Then you can be a personality on the 1up show.

i_am_not_jon_ames said:
Also, we had better be able to
read other people's game saves.
:D

Most likely you will be able to
see other team's players when they are linked to SOP without the need of hacking, and might as well be able to see their abilities

Hey nobody from Konami has a gaf account do they?
I need to see If I can get some more high res screens for wallpapers.

brandonh83 said:
Noooooo now I have nothing to do at midnight every night!

Just kidding, that's awesome.

Ahh Brandon your designs were really good! I just needed something for the main page since people kept asking me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom