• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 4 |OT| No Place to Hide, No Time for a Legend to FoxDie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mets39

So is MGS4 going to beat MGS3:S (39/40) score ? Or at least equal it ?
Since it's famitsu (we all know their scores doesn't count, but hey! it's still entertaining!) i think it's really possible!

newsguy said:
I didn't beat 3. Am I a candidate for this one? I mean I'm still going to play it, but will I be lost without 3 (I watched that little history of DVD that came with the beta BTW).

A reviewer out there said that the game is pretty good to newcomers when it comes to explaining story-related stuff that happened in previous games, but I don't know. Personally, I recommend playing MGS3 before MGS4 comes out.

Darkpen

Banned
MoonsaultSlayer said:
I think I have a problem. I have a total lack of interest in anything right now because of MGS4. I have many games on the back burner that I could stick in and play to pass the time.... but I look at the games and just shrug it off and go right back online (aka: here). Oh well. One and half weeks and I'll be cured....
I think I've taken that one step further, and I feel like after MGS4 comes out, the world will end, I'll die, and there'll be nothing more to do.

on the other hand, I've been playing the battlefield demo to keep my mind off of MGS

Ploid 3.0

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I think I have a problem. I have a total lack of interest in anything right now because of MGS4. I have many games on the back burner that I could stick in and play to pass the time.... but I look at the games and just shrug it off and go right back online (aka: here). Oh well. One and half weeks and I'll be cured....

Omg I was about to make the same kind of post. In fact I just got CoD4 last week and it's just in the lobby in the background as I look over the forum. I still haven't finished motorstorm (This game is long, what were people complaining about), and I just got GTA 4 (near launch). I just can't stop looking forward to mgs4.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
btw is anyone else really warming up to the cg old face cover art? i saw a poster with it at a local video store and thought it looked so awesome.

*must buglarize the poster at night >___>*

daegan

MoonsaultSlayer said:

Every day I pull a tab off my countdown and start losing my mind even more.

schlew

-COOLIO- said:
btw is anyone else really warming up to the cg old face cover art? i saw a poster with it at a local video store and thought it looked so awesome.

I had the exact same idea about my local video store. My place has it on the outside, I just wonder how well it stuck on....

-COOLIO- said:

I never thought it was bad in the first place. It's just Snake.

The CG cover of Snake would be a lot more effective if it didn't have any copy or graphics on it, similar to the soundtrack case.

A shame they can't do that in America though.

Guled

-COOLIO- said:

I really warmed up to it, even though I still prefer the LE art a lot better. I can understand why they would use the CG face, it will be more appealing and more marketable towards non fans then Shinkawa would be

Chemo

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I haven't been playing anything for a damn month because I just can't get into it. Eight days can't pass quickly enough.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jimmy Stav said:
Hopefully we can figure out how many are going once an official thread is made...

If anyone is going from San Jose, I wouldnt mind hitching a ride...if you're willing to drive. I'll pay for gas.

Gen-X

Banned
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Yep, same here.

Got a huge backlog full of PS2 games especially RPG goodies, the PS3 and 360 is sitting there with plenty of great games to be played to boot, hell even got a quad-core PC with an 8800GT card with Crysis and Orange Box begging to be played......but my mind is like only on MGS4.

I keep telling myself to just play my games like normal, but I can't for some reason....just knowing the long wait for MGS4 is nearly over is simply eating away at me!! :(
I missed out on the greatest opportunity I saw Orange box for the ps3 for 17.99 new on clearance at target. I went back to see if it was still there because I had money and it wasn't =(

KZObsessed

Is it mad that I'm considering buying the UK Limited Edition... and the US and JP Limited Editions?

Yes... yes it is. Quite mad indeed.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
MoonsaultSlayer said:

I am the same way, just bought Monster Hunter 2 for the psp, but I just do not have the will to play it because of Metal Gear. :D

FFObsessed said:
Is it mad that I'm considering buying the UK Limited Edition... and the US and JP Limited Editions?

Yes... yes it is. Quite mad indeed.

God speed.

I missed out on the EU special edition though I do have the NA LE x2 pre-ordered. :D

Wario64 said:
If anyone is going from San Jose, I wouldnt mind hitching a ride...if you're willing to drive. I'll pay for gas.

I should really just make that thread so we can sort this kind of stuff out, but I don't want to steal the thunder from whoever was planning to make it.

chaoticprout said:
Hopefully not old, Kojima video interview w/ IGN.

(Haven't seen it yet so not sure about spoilers)

Shows a new cutscene but also a lot of gameplay, including a glimpse at the iPod in action as well as the weapons customization screen.

Weapons I saw:
Five-Seven, SOCOM, P55, PMM, and something called the Race Gun?

Darkpen

Banned
Wario64 said:
Who exactly is gonna be there for the SF event on June 14th? All 6 people listed on http://www.konami.jp/mgs4/world/index_en.html ??

I wonder if there's any limits to the number of stuff we can get signed
Jimmy Stav said:
I should really just make that thread so we can sort this kind of stuff out, but I don't want to steal the thunder from whoever was planning to make it.
It looks like I'm going to have to make the thread early. I originally planning for the 13th, but I'll start planning one out now.

Could I get a roll call of people coming to the SF one?

Ephemeris

Darkpen said:
It looks like I'm going to have to make the thread early. I originally planning for the 13th, but I'll start planning one out now

Are you doing a giant (all regions) thread or just a localized one?

MoonsaultSlayer said:
You're not the only one. I don't even feel like playing multiplayer games because I'm waiting for MGO (I was addicted to it when it first came out for PS2)

For those in Frisco, what time is this shit going down?

Gen-X said:
I missed out on the greatest opportunity I saw Orange box for the ps3 for 17.99 new on clearance at target. I went back to see if it was still there because I had money and it wasn't =(

Wow, damn. If you ever seen such a thing don't ever past it up ever again! Orange Box is probably the greatest anthology to be ever had, such an incredible value. At even less than $60, it's a no brainer.

dr3upmushroom said:
Sad that Sony and Konami aren't hyping this game up. N'Gai on Bonus Round said that they weren't planning on doing tv ads in the States.

You mean like the ads they had on during the MTV Movie Awards?

Choke on the Magic said:
The fools. Advertising would help.
He made a good point to, he said something along the line "Look at AC, MGS4 is a better game but probably won't sell as much because it's marketing will not match what Ubisoft did with AC" Or something similar. It's a good show, everyone in this thread should go watch it, David Hayter is a guest as well.

You mean like the ads they had on during the MTV Movie Awards?
I was just going off from what I've read and heard. Plus who the fuck watches that shit?

rikichi

Darkpen said:
It looks like I'm going to have to make the thread early. I originally planning for the 13th, but I'll start planning one out now.

im going.

i just hope shinkawa can make it somehow.

if he does, ill go fukin insane!

So what time does it start? I don't want to make a trip for nothing, I have to work that morning, so I want to make sure I can make it on time.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
dr3upmushroom said:
Sad that Sony and Konami aren't hyping this game up. N'Gai on Bonus Round said that they weren't planning on doing tv ads in the States.

There's been ads.

Also, lots of retailer ads for it too. Definitely more than AC got :p In my store, it's like Halo level ads.

dr3upmushroom said:
I was just going off from what I've read and heard. Plus who the fuck watches that shit?

I was just saying that they've already started advertising it. I mean they advertised Haze! HAZE! The very concept of them not advertising their biggest exclusive up until this point is mind boggling.

I find that very hard to believe that Sony wouldn't do tv advertisements for something so massive as MGS4! They even got the 80GB bundle ready day and date for this thing!

Hell, doesn't everyone remember them having MGS4 in one of their PS3 ads on tv months back?

Still, less than 2 weeks away, and I do find the lack of tv ads disheartening.

Darkpen said:

I'll be going with a friend. Still debating about driving to SF so if anyone in the East Bay (preferably Dublin/San Ramon area) wants to hitch a ride, let me know otherwise I'm taking BART in.

Ploid 3.0

Is there a way to download this and convert it? I try playing that new ad but the buffering and such always cause it to slideshow across the trailer missing huge segments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom