• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

thefil said:
Been playing the demo some more to get ready...

Does anyone know how to hold people up? It seems that no matter how close I am, I press L to bring up my gun and nothing happens. Do I have to be directly behind someone? If I get too close, I am noticed...

Easier to practice in the stealth suit because they dont hear your footsteps in that suit. turning on auto aim helps too, so you dont have to manually steer it to their backs. you need to be really close, even closer than you need to be to use CQC. Once you see the CQC indicator come up, you're usually close enough, but sometimes you need an extra step or two to be in range.

the first enemy in the demo's tutorial mission never turns around once he walks to the end of his patrol point. you can walk around behind him all you want and he wont spot you. practice on him!

Is there anywhere to still get the limited edition? I waited too long, and I guess I'm getting the normal bundle because the big boss psp is ugly.

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Is there anywhere to still get the limited edition? I waited too long, and I guess I'm getting the normal bundle because the big boss psp is ugly.
Call you local Gamestop and see if they have any extra. If they do, pre-order it. If not, check other ones. I doubt all Gamestops have sold out.

Blu_LED said:
Call you local Gamestop and see if they have any extra. If they do, pre-order it. If not, check other ones. I doubt all Gamestops have sold out.

Dunno, don't they all stop taking preorders at the same time? I'm assuming it's over no matter where you go as far as gamestops are concerned.

TwIsTeD

Damn a lot of camo hate going around....I see the point in the color distracting, but I think it'll just be something cool to have later on

Ephemeris

TwIsTeD said:
Damn a lot of camo hate going around....I see the point in the color distracting, but I think it'll just be something cool to have later on
agreed, not getting it though. Suffering through with my day-1-launch-square-button-issue-having-5min-battery-lasting PSP. :lol

dak1dsk1

Banned
Can you make the management part of the game, run by itself? I have no interest in keeping a base, crew, research and fundings.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
dak1dsk1 said:
Can you make the management part of the game, run by itself? I have no interest in keeping a base, crew, research and fundings.

Yeah, you can select an auto-management mode.

Yeah, Gamestop/EB websites took down the Big Boss Bundle and CE yesterday.

I nabbed the CE, but my order status still says "verifying". I ran out of funds yesterday in my bank account, and that's why it says that. Put enough money in afterwards. This has happened before on GS' site and they just cancel your order and/or put you down on the priority list for the preorder swag (you 80% of the time won't get it). Hope I get my CE and preorder item...

As for the BB Bundle PSP, I'm hoping my GS will have extras the day the game releases, I'll pick that up. I have a prediction this may be worth more than the MGS3:S LE in the future (that was going for high prices right after release even, due to the actual limited shipment). Not opening it. (already have a JP Carnival Colors series Vibrant Blue PSP 3000, the ultimate PSP model and colour :D )

TwIsTeD said:
I have no problem with camo, I think camo looks cool and was excited until I saw the design. It just reminds me of those cheesy $5 skins you can buy at gamestop too much to make me think it looks good.

Edit: If they took the came from the case in the accessory kit and used that, it would look really good.

Minamu

robotzombie said:
the game is available in Elizabeth NJ, on Broad Street...

I want to go get it, but is that a shitty neighborhood?
What, are you afraid someone's gonna sneak up on you and put a balloon on you or something?

RavenFox

Banned
robotzombie said:

Uhmm take a cab. I'm also sure where there is a gamestop trains or buses aren't to far away.

I couldn't resist and I had to check out my Big Boss Bundle! It's very nice in person, unfortunately they packaged the game in a sleeve like other bundles.
f65aa8aa.jpg

Snookie

Square Triangle said:
I couldn't resist and I had to check out my Big Boss Bundle! It's very nice in person, unfortunately they packaged the game in a sleeve like other bundles.
f65aa8aa.jpg

bah I dont want a sleeve for the game. :( Oh well I'll I cant wait anyways.

Square Triangle said:
f65aa8aa.jpg

I hate that they put together nice bundles, then fucking cheap out on the game case everytime. Just wondering is the code it comes with a reusable code to unlock something in game, or is it a DLC code?

Vamphuntr

rainking187 said:
I hate that they put together nice bundles, then fucking cheap out on the game case everytime. Just wondering is the code it comes with a reusable code to unlock something in game, or is it a DLC code?

If the japanese version is any indication, the codes are not reusable. Only the ones from the T-shirts were reusable. Accessory set code and promo items code (pepsi, mountain dew, axe) were not reusable.

Also it's now confirmed that they removed most of the product placement in the US release. No Doritos, pepsi, dew and what not. They are replaced by generic chips and soda.

Victarion

Square Triangle said:
f65aa8aa.jpg

Oh god, fuck you again Konami for not bringing this awesomesauce to Europe.
I want it so bad :(

Takao

Banned
Screw SCEC and EB Games for not getting the bundle up here in Canada. I would have bought one even though my PSP is fine.

Square Triangle said:
f65aa8aa.jpg
You are fucking kidding me.

Tell me, TELL ME THAT CAMO PSP ISN'T MATTE-SURFACED!! TELL ME IT'S GLOSSY LIKE ALL THE CRAPPY NOT-MYSTIC SILVER MODELS!!!!

Matte is WAY better in my opinion. But sucks it's not the game case. If I get the Big Boss, I'll probably have to rebuy the game just for the case.

red shoe paul said:
Matte is WAY better in my opinion. But sucks it's not the game case. If I get the Big Boss, I'll probably have to rebuy the game just for the case.
Did you guys misunderstand me? I like matte-surfacing too, I'm just expressing my disbelief that a PSP besides the Mystic Silver would be matte-surfaced and waiting for Square Triangle to drive the knife into my heart that I couldn't put a preorder down. In any case, that's 2 PSP bundles that have escaped my grasp (Big Boss and Hatsune Miku).

Makes me wonder why they don't put the normal game in there instead of that sleeve option. They manage to fit them in the bundles in Japan, why not here?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Seriously. When it was announced I thought the design sucked but seeing it in person plus in matte is just.. fuck. So great looking.

Teetris said:
Seriously. When it was announced I thought the design sucked but seeing it in person plus in matte is just.. fuck. So great looking.
On the other hand, it looks like they put the shell on the PSP and forgot to switch out the Piano Black set's buttons. Kinda clashing, but otherwise, it's a PSP worthy of the codename of Big Boss. :lol

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
ShinoguTakeruKoeru said:
On the other hand, it looks like they put the shell on the PSP and forgot to switch out the Piano Black set's buttons. Kinda clashing, but otherwise, it's a PSP worthy of the codename of Big Boss. :lol
Oh yeah no doubt. The black buttons are cool, but shouldn't have been shiny at all.

Though if they were beige it'd finish it off perfectly

Bought it at VGNY today. I am loving the crap out of it. Controls like a dream! Great production and gameplay so far.
Paz
and
Chico
do annoy the crap out of me. :lol

For those with the game, I'm currently on 5.00 M33-6. Can you run it off the UMD (not off the memory stick)? Or, does it require an update?

I just want to get my PSP ready for Tuesday, so I can jump right in when I pick up my CE.

autobzooty said:
Default "shooter" option is pretty much the only way to go.

That's what I thought. Can't wait to play this. I was listening to shidoshis' podcast on JPN gaming and Nick Rox was gloating this game. I haven't followed much of it but god damn he made it sound so amazing. I did enjoy the demo; he also mentioned the game is really long and has great boss battles.

:D

robotzombie said:

It's not a great neighborhood but you're not going to get mugged or anything. Christ you make it sound like you're going into the ghetto.

Edit: That camo actually came out better than I expected. Maybe I will get the big boss bundle..

Square Triangle, you rock for taking pictures. :D That Camo PSP is so awesome. It looks so good. I can't wait to get it Tuesday. Sucks that the game comes in a sleeve. :/ I wanted a box with that awesome box art. *sigh*

Holy Mother of Fuck at that camo PSP. God I wish I was retarded enough to want both PSPs. I'll still be happy with my green baby, but I'll always look at my friend's Big Boss PSP with envy. :(

Top Bottom