• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

ptown

Whoever is getting the "spirit green" PSP bundle see if that one comes with the game case? (Camo PSP is still really nice looking)

suikodan

I am very disappointed that the game doesn't (seem to) include a DualShock3 controller option for PSP Go owners. I was expecting that, especially from Kojipro.

Other than that, I am really eager to play this game on Tuesday. I'll get both PSN and UMD versions.

ptown said:
Whoever is getting the "spirit green" PSP bundle see if that one comes with the game case? (Camo PSP is still really nice looking)
I highly doubt it. All PSP bundles before have come with the UMD in a cardboard sleeve.

ptown said:
Check the previous page in this thread :p

Looks like it's sleeved unfortunately

ptown said:

It's in a sleeve as well. We got the green bundles in as well and while they do look gorgeous, having something limited like the BB Bundle is too good to pass up.

I kinda wish I didn't open mine =/

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
INDIGO_CYCLOPS said:
My question, which control scheme do most people prefer?

The demo was an absolute blast with the Shooter style control scheme. It kinda sucks to have to rotate the camera with the D-pad whilst running with the analog nub in a game which involves surveying your surroundings so much.

Ephemeris

Square Triangle said:
I couldn't resist and I had to check out my Big Boss Bundle! It's very nice in person, unfortunately they packaged the game in a sleeve like other bundles.
f65aa8aa.jpg
Square Triangle said:
Agreed, I love the Matte finish

01c47394.jpg

So sexy.. my friend shall be pleased.

Ephemeris

Square Triangle said:
The box..wha.. what for? It's not individually numbered or anything and has like four Sony stickers on it.
I dunno : /

Just want the box.

don't make me CQC you.

chandoog said:
The demo was an absolute blast with the Shooter style control scheme. It kinda sucks to have to rotate the camera with the D-pad whilst running with the analog nub in a game which involves surveying your surroundings so much.

oh, and this.

Lol I see. I wish it didn't have to come with a terrible movie like 2012. The movie 'Taken' would be perfect but I don't think that was by Sony.

Square Triangle said:
Lol I see. I wish it didn't have to come with a terrible movie like 2012. The movie 'Taken' would be perfect but I don't think that was by Sony.
Should have came with Escape From New York.

Ephemeris

Square Triangle said:
Taken would have definitely been better.

And for the record, I think it's because it has "Big Boss" on it. :lol

Square Triangle said:
Lol omg yes!

I wonder if I'll be able to redeem the 2012 voucher on my PS3, more than likely watch it on there than on the PS3.
On the... wait, which one's PSP and which one's PS3? Typically I put Digital Copies or anything video on my PS3 as a media-hub sorta setup. The video store content is compatible with both devices, of course.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Square Triangle has nice hands. (/GAF typical creepy comment about hands in photos here)

Has the demo been made to work on GEN firmwares? I still haven't went through the demo because of the firmware check. I'm guessing I need to strip the DRM or something for it?

Ephemeris

TheSeks said:
Square Triangle has nice hands. (/GAF typical creepy comment about hands in photos here)

Has the demo been made to work on GEN firmwares? I still haven't went through the demo because of the firmware check. I'm guessing I need to strip the DRM or something for it?

Definitely do-able :) Demo and Retail.

Pilgor

Just wanted to say how impressed I am with the game so far, I've been playing it all night since I got home from work, and I need to sleep so I'm stopping for the night. Graphics are fantastic, and the game is very deep so far... A nice step up in every aspect from MPO (which I loved as well).

So happy to have a new MGS to play through over and over :)

TheSeks said:

It looks like he has something under his fingernail and some sort of skin flakes on his thumb, it's totally gross

TheSeks

Ephemeris said:
Definitely do-able :) Demo and Retail.

Googling around it doesn't work on GEN-B, but works on GEN-C/D, guess it's time to update to D. :/

JohngPR

So I just found out that MGS Peace Walker has an 800 meg install for audio codec convos. Seeing as I have no memory left on my 4 gig stick, I decided to go all out and get a 16gig stick.

There's been a few games I haven't bought from PSN in the past because of my memory woes so it'll be kind of nice to bot have to worry about it anymore. :)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
JohngPR said:
So I just found out that MGS Peace Walker has an 800 meg install for audio codec convos. Seeing as I have no memory left on my 4 gig stick, I decided to go all out and get a 16gig stick.

There's been a few games I haven't bought from PSN in the past because of my memory woes so it'll be kind of nice to bot have to worry about it anymore. :)

I thought the smaller 300MB install option also had the audio codecs?

JohngPR

Lyte Edge said:
I thought the smaller 300MB install option also had the audio codecs?

It's quite possible. I got my info from a buddy of mine that got the game early.

One of the negatives of ignoring coverage on a game to go into it fresh (which has been my philosophy in 2010) is not knowing all the details of the game firsthand.

It kind of sucks but there are tons of games that genuinely surprised me because of it. It started for me with Batman: Arkham Asylum. It seems silly to pull the "I liked it before anyone knew it was awesome!" card now, but I bought it day one with my fingers crossed that it would at least be decent and was completely blown away by it. It was my first platinum on PS3. :)

Varth

Just finished the game ;__;

What's the "project Itoh" referred in the special thanks? Is it supposed to be a nickname for someone? Also, is the
5th chapter referred at the end the aftergame
?

Varth said:

What's the "project Itoh" referred in the special thanks? Is it supposed to be a nickname for someone? Also, is the
?
did you like it?

Varth

BlazingDarkness said:
did you like it?

GREAT game. Riked it so much that I pratically stopped playing everything else in the meantime. Just found it a little bit too easy in the normal levels for my tastes (bosses are more challenging, luckily). Story-wise, MGS 3 is waaay better (more fleshed out and memorable characters, more unforgettable scenes), but I guess a portable chapter needed a slightly straighter story than MGS 3 or 4.

Varth said:

?
how long is it?

Varth

Solid warrior said:
how long is it?

Save file says 35 hours. Did all of the 27 extra missions that popped up to at least an A rating (a tone more to do), farmed some mechs for the troops, some base management, so I guess just the story took 20 hours. The "collateral" stuff, however, is so well integrated that I find difficult to divide the two aspects of the game.

Vespa

Square Triangle said:
Agreed, I love the Matte finish

01c47394.jpg

That looks great! anybody know of a place to import these? I'm in the UK. It's pretty expensive on ebay but I'm tempted, oh so tempted..

Varth said:
Save file says 35 hours. Did all of the 27 extra missions that popped up to at least an A rating (a tone more to do), farmed some mechs for the troops, some base management, so I guess just the story took 20 hours. The "collateral" stuff, however, is so well integrated that I find difficult to divide the two aspects of the game.
fantastic. <3

TheSeks

Ephemeris said:
Get to it!

Holy shit.

Played the tutorial with the non-default controls (the ones that remind me of Port Ops, so it's a quick transition than trying to relearn controls).

The graphics are killer. I don't know how Kojima did it, but they seem less... blocky compared to Port Ops (which looked good in 2007) and it's really one of the best PSP games graphically (though the AA is a off unless you're zooming in, on like character models and stuff).

The cutscenes by Ashley Wood... are jarring just as they were in Port Ops, but I can't complain. They are colored (at least in color instead of just black/white) now with slightly more animation to them, nice.

CQC and all that being in is great. Gotta get adjusted to the "CQC+/++/+++/++++..." thing though (slam a dude, have CQC+ pop up, PRESS THE BUTTON WHEN IT POPS UP! I can do two of these dudes but chaining three in the tutorial was a bit hard).

I'm blown away. The presentation along with everything else is top notch and really blows Portable Ops out of the water with being the portable Big Boss game I was looking for (and hopefully no stupid retcons like Port Ops does, sup Gray Fox?)

The only complaint I have is that laying down won't let you move. Seriously: WTF? That's a series staple to be able to crawl under buildings and into vents and we can't do it now? :|

Did I rike it? I riked it, I riked it a lot. Gotta finish the rest of the stuff and S rank them all. :lol

revolverjgw said:
It looks like he has something under his fingernail and some sort of skin flakes on his thumb, it's totally gross

Nooo! That's not dirt, its a sharpie marker mark. I'm sorry my hamds aren't gorgeous enough =[

And holy shit I didn't even notice the globe and skull on the back of it lol.

Top Bottom