• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ridley327 said:
Any update on an ISO conversion for the PSN version, Seks?

SLOOOOOOWLY... 70% after... one-two hours? Ugh.

One mission in so far. My fears that the enemy AI would be as dumb as the demo are gone. Their depth perception has been increased and they actually pursue you quite vigorously. I tried the intro mission twice and I got spotted both times. Gonna be fun to S rank this shit!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So, action type controls are the best? They feel great so far, but having to control the camera with my same hand as movement might get tricky. Does it require a lot of camera control/player movement later in the game?

Tiktaalik

I've heard reference to a third control scheme since the demo but I can't find any info about it. The OP doesn't mention it, but some reviews do. Is there one? If so what is it?

Tiktaalik said:
I've heard reference to a third control scheme since the demo but I can't find any info about it. The OP doesn't mention it, but some reviews do. Is there one? If so what is it?

You access it in the demo by inputting the Konami code at the pause menu, but I believe this is only in the Japanese version. It's listed right next to the others in the retail version of the game. It's the "Hunter" type, which was inspired by Monster Hunter's controls. Personally I think it's rubbish, but if you've got muscle memory from the monster hunter claw, it might be worth a look.

Also, for anyone wondering, you can pause the game in single player mode now. I believe the weapons menu does not pause the game, but the start menu does. :D

TheSeks

alr1ghtstart said:
So, action type controls are the best? They feel great so far, but having to control the camera with my same hand as movement might get tricky. Does it require a lot of camera control/player movement later in the game?

Just use LTrigger. It resets the camera behind Big Boss. :|

Frankly, Action is my preference as it's closest to Port Ops + MGS1-3. But you might get more mileage out of Shooter if you don't like the camera being on the D-pad (the only valid option for Action)

Just out of curiousity, anyone care to mention if any of these characters are featured in it (about to start so I'll find out soon either way):
Eva, Ocelot, Zero, the Patriots...
Even if just a mention tucked away in a tape somewhere, like Meryl in MGS 2...no need to elaborate, just a yes or no would be appreciated.

TheSeks

Update, NPD didn't do anything. Still gives me an error to run it on CFW. Ugh. I dunno. :/

elohel

does this game really look that bad if its put through the component cables?

also is it worth getting component over the regular? lol

this game is pretty rad so far

anyone playing with a dual shock 3?

seady

I just realized every Big Boss Bundle PSP has different camo pattern when I compare mine to the pictures other people posted.

e67kgk.jpg

wqpp9s.jpg

Reknoc

-Winnie- said:
Any news on the UK delay? Does it spread to the rest of Europe/Australia? :/

I really don't want to wait another 3 weeks.

Nothing's been said on it at all, GAME seem to be the only place with a different release date aswell so I don't even know what's happening. Would be a pretty shitty game signing event without a game to sign though!

thefil

Is there any point in doing the Target Practice Extra Ops?

*edit* Also, how do I get the banana? I just captured the soldier who had it, but I don't think it's in my research list...

alr1ght

TheSeks said:
Update, NPD didn't do anything. Still gives me an error to run it on CFW. Ugh. I dunno. :/

Runs on M33-6 (at least the umd version does)

Rip to iso
Patch it with iso tool152
Use the 6.20 plugin

if you need the files, just ask.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The interactive cutscenes are really very awesome. I am surprised by how awesome they are.

Also nooooo what did they do to the
Boss' Horse.
I'm having an SOTC flashback

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
elohel said:
does this game really look that bad if its put through the component cables?

also is it worth getting component over the regular? lol

this game is pretty rad so far

anyone playing with a dual shock 3?

I'm playing with my GO hooked up to my TV using component cables and a DS3 for control. It looks fine on the big screen, so long as you know any PSP game is displayed in a tight little bounding box in the center of the TV screen and isn't stretched to full(unless your TV has the option itself to do so).

Playing with the DS3 only further pushes the awkwardness of the camera. I am CONTSANTLY messing with that right stick to pan the view only to have dissapointment when it does nothing. I am hating the default controls too. The face button aiming is awful for gunplay in a tense moment, and too often I am alerted to guards because my panning rotation didn't catch someone. I will try the 'Action' scheme though since it seems to actually have a camera snap button, something missing from the default scheme.

The default radar is worthless too. Guard's seem to notice you outside of it's reach...I NEED my base to upgrade a reliable radar item that actually SHOWS enemies positions within a playable range.

Also the walkman...why can't I fast-forward to the other songs?? Seems Kojima really wanted the walkman to mimic an actual tape by not allowing you to just choose songs ala an MP3 device. Do you really have to listen through the songs to hear anything beyond the first track(MGS 20 years)? No fast forward option? Those other track names are sitting there taunting me without the option to select them for play. :(

If ever a game deserved a PS2/Wii port...this is it.

Volcynika

MDSLKTR said:
Damn @ the interactive cut-scenes. Will play the shit out of this tomorrow at work!

:lol

I never even noticed it was interactive until I saw it didn't move from where it was

"HEY PRESS THIS BUTTON.......HAVE YOU PRESSED IT YET? PRESS IT!"

Takao

Banned
Yeah, the interactive cutscenes caught me off guard too, hahaha. Having a lot of fun with the game right now. A couple of friends also picked it up, so looks like I'm going to play some Co-Op missions.

My PS3 is too far away from my computer for a wired connection for ad-hoc party.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The game dithers like MAD where I am now. But you kinda don't notice it because the geometry and animation are nuts...

Epcott

Damnit!

I want this game so baaaaad.
Sucks I have to wait till Thursday :(

Any news on the Amored Core extra features?

Erigu

Vamphuntr said:
Oh and careful how you label those. I had no idea about the two second ones.
I did warn that those were spoilers for both games. I'm not sure what the problem is, really.

You are wrong. This is explained in one of the briefing tape.
In one of them snake explains how he fought metal gear in russia before
I'm afraid you're the one who's in the wrong, here.
He never says that (he never fought a Metal Gear in Russia either, actually).

Snake was uncounscious when he was cloned. Simple as that. In PW he still doesn't know yet
You completely missed my point.
EVA said he left the Patriots because of that project. Which means he knew when he left. In Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker, it sure looks like he's already left the Patriots, and yet he doesn't know about his clones.
(incidentally, it's not like Snake would need to be unconscious to not know about his clones... it's not a surgical procedure or anything, really... ^^;)

TheSeks

alr1ghtstart said:
Runs on M33-6 (at least the umd version does)

Rip to iso
Patch it with iso tool152
Use the 6.20 plugin

if you need the files, just ask.

I'd have to downgrade from GEN to M33 and lose Persona support among a few other games I have just for the sake of playing Peace Walker. Ugh.

The issue is getting the damn thing to boot. If I could get it to not 800 error at me, I'd worry about the freezes later.

Sooo I was unable to get my bundle today, was just super busy and somehow forgot about it. Totally pissed all you asshats are tearing through it now! =I

Dwayne

seady said:
I just realized every Big Boss Bundle PSP has different camo pattern when I compare mine to the pictures other people posted.

e67kgk.jpg

wqpp9s.jpg

Does the game not come in it's case? can't see the game in your pics :(

thefil

I know everyone just got it and all, but has anyone done Extra Ops 8? I'm totally lost on finding 7 of the targets.

*Edit* Nevermind... I guess it was glitching the first two times, this time they popped up along with the previous 4.

alr1ght

TheSeks said:
I'd have to downgrade from GEN to M33 and lose Persona support among a few other games I have just for the sake of playing Peace Walker. Ugh.

The issue is getting the damn thing to boot. If I could get it to not 800 error at me, I'd worry about the freezes later.

I booted it on Gen-3, but had freezing issues so I downgraded. Did you decrypt it with iso tool152 and Prometheus patch it? It booted for me after doing that, but froze occasionally.

Vamphuntr

Erigu said:
I'm afraid you're the one who's in the wrong, here.
He never says that (he never fought a Metal Gear in Russia either, actually).

Nope I'm not wrong.
Huey himself tell Snake in one codec call (after the first chopper battle) that they chose Metal Gear Zeke because the Metal gear was the term coined by Granin (MGS 3). Zeke is for some japanese aircraft

As for the other thing read the wiki http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Big_Boss (spoiler for every MGS possible)

Top Bottom