• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Vamphuntr

TheSeks said:
You can apparently, but I haven't done it myself. You can hold them up with the stun rod, I believe so doesn't matter how close AFAIK.

Are you both talking about the same thing. To hold them with the stun rod. In Action Mode hold the square button when you are very close (CQC indicator will pop). Snake will do a choke hold, then press triangle to scare them with the stun rod. Do it multiple time on the same guy to interrogate him. Most of the time the info is not good in this one.

You can also point a gun in their back to force them to lay flat on the ground. Point your gun very close on their back. You can then fulton/search them.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm still confused on what I'm supposed to do here:

I downloaded to my PC, transferred to my PSP using Sony's downloader thing... and I can now run the game from the memory stick.

Do I still need to do the "Install Full Package" from inside the game now? Will I be missing any content or will the content run slower if I don't do this, even though I'm running entirely from the stick?

Nakazato

FlyinJ said:

I downloaded to my PC, transferred to my PSP using Sony's downloader thing... and I can now run the game from the memory stick.

Do I still need to do the "Install Full Package" from inside the game now? Will I be missing any content or will the content run slower if I don't do this, even though I'm running entirely from the stick?
yes. with out the 800mb install you wont get voice during codecs and a few other upgrades IIRC

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Does kaz's profile say he is actually Japanese or are you just assuming because his name is kaz?

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Y2Kev said:
Does kaz's profile say he is actually Japanese or are you just assuming because his name is kaz?

Half-japanese, half-american IIRC.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
FlyinJ said:

All told, the game will clock at over 2 gb when fully installed. I actually had to remove games off my PSP to make room. The 16gb of GO storage really doesn't stretch too far after all, I have like 7 games on the damn system and it's full!

Also why is there no 'Syphon Filter/Resistance' style control scheme?? Syphon Filter accomplishes what this game tries to do FOUR YEARS AGO across two separate games(three with Resistance), and Kojima didn't adopt it? Face buttons=movement, nub=aiming, d-pad=action/equipment/crouch toggle. The hell! This game SCREAMS like a mantis for it!

God this is so fun. And I know I'm gonna spend forever trying to get an S Rank on all these missions. Can't wait to do some coops, too! Gonna be tough to S Rank the bosses without some help.

Zen

Banned
Brandon F said:
All told, the game will clock at over 2 gb when fully installed. I actually had to remove games off my PSP to make room. The 16gb of GO storage really doesn't stretch too far after all, I have like 7 games on the damn system and it's full!

Also why is there no 'Syphon Filter/Resistance' style control scheme?? Syphon Filter accomplishes what this game tries to do FOUR YEARS AGO across two separate games(three with Resistance), and Kojima didn't adopt it? Face buttons=movement, nub=aiming, d-pad=action/equipment/crouch toggle. The hell! This game SCREAMS like a mantis for it!

Although they never did it exceptionally well in the Siphon Filter PSP games. It wasn't until Resistance that they really got something decent going.

nilbog21

Banned
I have a question:

Can I buy the UK version of the game and play it on my US PSP? Are there any differences to teh game? (im an american in europe atm)

nilbog21 said:
I have a question:

Can I buy the UK version of the game and play it on my US PSP? Are there any differences to teh game? (im an american in europe atm)

Since the European version isn't out yet, wouldn't it be easier to just download the US version off of PSN?

nilbog21 said:
how does that work? I don't have any special gadgets :|

is your PSN account set for america? cos if so, it should log you in to the US PSN store and peace walker will be there to download.

nilbog21

Banned
how do i transfer it to my psp though? does the psp even have a hard drive? lol D:

edit: OH NM, i gues there is a PSN straight on PSP? i r smart :|

Erigu

autobzooty said:
God this is so fun. And I know I'm gonna spend forever trying to get an S Rank on all these missions. Can't wait to do some coops, too! Gonna be tough to S Rank the bosses without some help.
Careful though, contrary to what I've seen in some reviews, the missions (or some of them, at least) do get tougher in coop.
Also, getting an S rank with some help is one thing, but if you want to get all medals, you'll need to S rank the missions in solo as well.

Erigu said:
Careful though, contrary to what I've seen in some reviews, the missions (or some of them, at least) do get tougher in coop.
Also, getting an S rank with some help is one thing, but if you want to get all medals, you'll need to S rank the missions in solo as well.

Hmm, I see. Well hopefully it'll be more feasible once R&D makes some better tools!

teekun

nilbog21 said:
how do i transfer it to my psp though? does the psp even have a hard drive? lol D:

Dude, seriously?

You don't know that your PSP has a memory stick that it uses for storage?

Just connect your PSP to a computer with a USB cable and you can access the memory stick directly, and copy anything to and from it.

nilbog21

Banned
aha ya the only thing i have used this thing for is Portable ops. the game library on the psp is garbage :lol

it was worth it for portable ops tho :]

Daigoro

arg! i am so close to pulling the trigger on getting a PSP for this game.

im going to attempt to ignore this thread again. its going to be hard.

Erigu

autobzooty said:
Well hopefully it'll be more feasible once R&D makes some better tools!
It definitely is feasible. The reviews stating that you need some help for certain missions are wrong. I did the whole thing solo, and I'm not that great of a player, really.
And yes, R&D helps. A lot.

Shinjitsu

Banned
nilbog21 said:
aha ya the only thing i have used this thing for is Portable ops. the game library on the psp is garbage :lol

it was worth it for portable ops tho :]

You really are missing out if this and Portable Ops are your only two games for the system.

Daigoro said:
arg! i am so close to pulling the trigger on getting a PSP for this game.

im going to attempt to ignore this thread again. its going to be hard.

Just fucking manup and buy it! :D

I did and I'm discovering a lot of nice cheap as hell RPG games...and I can play PS1 games on the go.

How are the controls guys? The demo killed a lot of my interest in the game because of the poor controls, should I give it another go?

Brandon F said:

analog nub is crucial for movement in peace walker because it determine movement speed for stalking behind enemy.

Shinjitsu

Banned
Classic_Gs said:
How are the controls guys? The demo killed a lot of my interest in the game because of the poor controls, should I give it another go?

It took me a couple min to get into using the face buttons for camera control, now I'm really digging the "shooter" layout. I've only been playing a couple hours though.

zurra

Classic_Gs said:
first time i played the demo i gave up because of the controls - didn't give them a fair shake. i was planning to wait for the release and get used to them then. a few days ago i felt like downloading the demo again anyway... put some time into it and the controls feel great. just gotta get used to them, they're a little weird at first but by no means poor.

Aderes

Neo Member
Does anyone know if you go and hunt Monsters any time you want once after you've unlocked the first MH mission or is it only Missons 121-128 in which you can hunt?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
In like one of the very first movie sequences... why
was I able to zoom in on the 16 year old girl and see her underwear?

dallow_bg said:

sou6vq.jpg

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
dallow_bg said:

Did you rike it ?

Let's say I played just the intro of Portable Ops before getting fed up with the controls and deciding it wasn't worth playing. Am I likely to feel differently about Peace Walker? I messed around with the demo a bit and it felt a bit better, but still not something I can see myself putting up with for long.

Shinjitsu

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:
Let's say I played just the intro of Portable Ops before getting fed up with the controls and deciding it wasn't worth playing. Am I likely to feel differently about Peace Walker? I messed around with the demo a bit and it felt a bit better, but still not something I can see myself putting up with for long.

I'm quite comfortable with them now, they grew on me pretty quick. Game is fantastically addictive, do yourself a favor and get it.

Foffy

Banned
MegaKungFuRadio said:

Portable Ops could be classified as trying to take a PS2 game and not really adapting it to a handheld. The camera and controls are literally designed to be played on a console, and not a handheld.

Peace Walker is literally a game custom fitted to work on a handheld while trying to keep up with it's console brothers in content and scope, and it very easily delivers on such a front. There are major tweaks to a lot of things to make the controls more natural. The drawback is you do lose some things, like first person aiming with every weapon, and moving while crawling. Those things would be more of a problem on a handheld, anyway.

Top Bottom