• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
jcm said:
oT2Se.png

Is that a euphemism?
Bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep
Ohhh!
Bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep bo peep
Ah! Ahh!

MrPliskin

Banned
Jesus Christ!

So I downloaded everything, and I had to literally try to copy this thing about a dozen times before it finally went through. THANK YOU PSN MAINTENANCE!

Daigoro

Crazypanda_85 said:
Gamestop is the only US retailer that has the Big Boss Bundle that includes:

Camo pattern 3000 PSP System
4GB Memory Card
MGS: PW with bonus content
Voucher for 2012 the Movie
Carrying Case

61295102.JPG

If you didn't reserve it at GameStop, you can still order it from BN.com. (For those ho don't know Barnes & Nobles own GameStop).

thanks. dunno if ill get around to it before they're all gone though. thats why i was semi interested in the other bundle.

i might just go with a standard black psp after all. we'll see.

seady said:
Is that real? Kind of hard to believe.
No, it's not true. BN used to own one of the companies that originally was bought/merged into what is now Gamestop, and they had a few shared board members at one point or something like that (and GS employees still get BN discounts and vice versa), but no they are not in any sort of ownership system.

Theres a huge (and much more accurate) section in the Gamestop wikipedia article.

On a more relevant not, check around at Gamestops in your area if you still want a Big Boss bundle pack people. I know most stores in my are got a few extras, but there weren't a lot.

Ephemeris

been playing for like 5 hours straight.

I love this game. What I don't love, is my damn PSP shutting off, even with the charger in.

For Outer Ops, is there any reason you would not want to send a completely full squad of soldiers into battle? It seems that you still get their cash bonus at MSF when they're on leave, and the more people you use, the more people get EXP and the better your chance of winning.

What's the deal?

I'm in the middle of fighting the
T-72U
, I don't have ammunition any more and it says I have to pull back to find supplies, how?

edit: killed the
leader
and captured the
T-72U, Life 59% remaining :mad:

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
KTallguy said:
How long did it take?
Do you have to whittle their health down first?
And what can you get for it?
17 minutes, no health whittling, we didn't S-rank it. Took too long. When I have better weapons we'll go back again. We A-ranked it. We had no kills, which is hard. The velociprey are annoying as hell.

Wanace

Solid warrior said:
I'm in the middle of fighting the
T-72U
, I don't have ammunition any more and it says I have to pull back to find supplies, how?

edit: killed the
leader
and captured the
T-72U, Life 59% remaining :mad:

There's a supply drop item that you can use to get more supplies.

I went back to that fight and
tranq'd the captain
. That was tough.

Oni Jazar

I played a bit online thanks to Ad Hoc Party. Was pretty fun! I did a 4 player co-op against a tank and 2 player co-op through my missions. No lag, everything went very smooth. Makes me wish I always had 4 people to play with.

Cryptozoologist said:
There's a supply drop item that you can use to get more supplies.

I went back to that fight and
tranq'd the captain
. That was tough.
oh, i haven't tried that yet.

btw, I'm trying to develop a C4, but it's taking too long, it's at 0% right now, tried to do 2 extra ops missions while they're busy but nothing have changed. am i doing something wrong?

pahamrick

Solid warrior said:
oh, i haven't tried that yet.

btw, I'm trying to develop a C4, but it's taking too long, it's at 0% right now, tried to do 2 extra ops missions while they're busy but nothing have changed. am i doing something wrong?

I had to do 3, maybe 4 extra ops missions before the C4 finished developing.

I don't have enough room on my card to install the full package (original card I've had for years, had no reason to upgrade), I can only install the small one. How is this going to affect the game?

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
revolverjgw said:
I don't have enough room on my card to install the full package (original card I've had for years, had no reason to upgrade), I can only install the small one. How is this going to affect the game?

Slow load times but fully voiced codec screens.

trk_rkd

Banned
Crazypanda_85 said:
If you didn't reserve it at GameStop, you can still order it from BN.com. (For those ho don't know Barnes & Nobles own GameStop).

wow thought i was too slow. special edition = secured. crazypanda = thankyou

Salaadin

Graphics Horse said:
Are you sure? This game doesn't have 'codec screens'

I think the sections after each mission where Miller/Paz/whoever comes on and says things to Snake is considered this games codec screen.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
pahamrick said:
I had to do 3, maybe 4 extra ops missions before the C4 finished developing.

Seriously? I only did 2. Make your R&D increase if R&D is a decent parameter (and higher than the others) with more soldiers. Swap out when there is a HUGE gain (B-A/S) in R&D stats to level it further.

But it seems too easy to me probably because I had to get level 99 or there about for the stealth/bandana items in Port Ops. :lol

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Graphics Horse said:
Are you sure? This game doesn't have 'codec screens'

Before and after missions. Plus I'm sure you can talk to people during missions too.

Salaadin said:
I think the sections after each mission where Miller/Paz/whoever comes on and says things to Snake is considered this games codec screen.

Ah yeah, you're right. It's the real-time codec which the install adds, I think.

Hag

The soundtrack is so so so good. Heavens Divide <3

Why I have to kill Boss again in this game? The horse scene is so fucking sad. ):

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
GoutPatrol said:
Hopefully my amazon bundle should be coming today. :D

And I check Amazon and my ONE DAY SHIPPING SAYS ITS COMING JUNE 17TH

Fuck you Amazon. Free Shipping now, I'd rather wait then give you an extra 11 bucks.

glaurung

Stupid question: is this game available on the UK PSN already? Like if I go to a store right now, purchase a PSPGo and go home to download the game via PS3?

DangerStepp

I have a serious obsessive compulsive disorder concerning level completion without getting caught or killing anyone.

I literally spent hours on the first few levels restarting. Is this just me?

elohel

DangerStepp said:
I have a serious obsessive compulsive disorder concerning level completion without getting caught or killing anyone.

I literally spent hours on the first few levels restarting. Is this just me?

uhm im kinda same way, i hate getting caught, i fucked up once so i restarted the level a few times

dunno if it took hours though lol

Oni Jazar

TheSeks said:
Action Type
L+R
Nub aim.

2000000000000000x better than the other two control schemes.

(Duckroll and Square Triangle gonna hate)

Only issue is you can't move while aiming unless you remove your finger off L to move while staying in aiming, slightly annoying but I don't use the gun in the heat of battle too often to require moving. So yeah, I line up my shot with L+R or go CQC.

My problem with this is not only can you not move and shoot it's also difficult to walk and move the camera at the same time. (nub to move + d-pad for camera whaaa?) I love aiming with the nub but Action is way too awkward.

DangerStepp

elohel said:
uhm im kinda same way, i hate getting caught, i fucked up once so i restarted the level a few times

Not hours per level... lol :lol

I honestly think it's going to take acclimation to the control scheme.

I'm on action type and I'm trying to strike a balance between L+R+ Nub and and R + D-Pad depending on the situation.

I'm a MGS freak... so I'll blame my own incompetence before I blame the games controls.

KTallguy

Banned
Y2Kev said:
17 minutes, no health whittling, we didn't S-rank it. Took too long. When I have better weapons we'll go back again. We A-ranked it. We had no kills, which is hard. The velociprey are annoying as hell.

Yea they fucking are.
Are you getting some kind of special rank for this?
No kill monster run?

duckroll

KTallguy said:
Yea they fucking are.
Are you getting some kind of special rank for this?
No kill monster run?

We just felt like it. It was satisfying. Definitely aiming for a S rank eventually. No-kill is much harder, and it trains you well anyway. :D

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
elohel said:

here here I get caught and restart the level is like a reflex , we need help!

DangerStepp

dgenx said:
here here I get caught and restart the level is like a reflex , we need help!
This... exactly.

I don't know what happened to the days where I could accept getting caught and going to hide out until the heat wears off.

Drac

duckroll said:
We just felt like it. It was satisfying. Definitely aiming for a S rank eventually. No-kill is much harder, and it trains you well anyway. :D

MH missions are actually quite easy, even alone. I've S ranked them alone in 10 minutes each with my good old MK:22 and mosin nagant. Only the attack pattern of the second dino is a pain in the ass, I really don't understand how you're supposed to evade but still got him. Now the last MH mission, this one is hard... That old
Rex
is fast as hell...

But I guess you really have to play with the shooter configuration since you always have to be moving.

Btw I just redid the mission with the music Heavens Divide in background and
I think someone said it gave him the feeling that it was ok to break the peace. That really seems to be the case since I got a S rank and 0 casualty even after destroying the heli :D.

Erigu

lopes16 said:
It depends of the stats of the mother base teams, and they are different for each person.
It depends on a bunch of stuff, really. Including the difficulty of the mission and the time spent on it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oni Jazar said:
My problem with this is not only can you not move and shoot it's also difficult to walk and move the camera at the same time. (nub to move + d-pad for camera whaaa?) I love aiming with the nub but Action is way too awkward.

Set camera behind BB.

LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT LT

Ninja Gaiden X-box syndrome, but I never have a problem with the camera unless in buildings doing this.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Drac said:
Btw I just redid the mission with the music Heavens Divide in background and
I think someone said it gave him the feeling that it was ok to break the peace. That really seems to be the case since I got a S rank and 0 casualty even after destroying the heli :D.

I knew it!

Top Bottom