• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

So there is different versions of the Ad-Hoc software? From my understanding I need the US version to play with US people? The 'Australian'(?) version to play with aussies etc?

So to get the US version ill need a US PSN account?

Thanks.

Also hating the late release date for Australia :(

Oichi said:
You don't have to collect anything where you are at in the story, assuming you've only fought one AI. You'll have to go back and take them on again once the MG Zeke project begins. The only thing I had to farm for was the armor off of Cocoon... everything else was very easy to get, but from what I've heard you don'T even need the armor to complete Zeke

The Metal Gear Zeke project has already begun, but I don't have enough component to even build a single piece of it yet. Is it worth it to go back and fight the Pupa some more to at least get started on the thing?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
SoulPlaya said:
:(, my Gen-D3 game keeps freezing at
2nd tank battle

Runs fine for me on D3 with no issues.

UMD or PSN? Because I'm running PSN with the 6.20 prx and no issues.

Ridley327 said:
Download the GEN-D2 update and run it; the game runs flawlessly.
Yep this.

This game is just great so far, I'm a little bit after the first boss and I'm really loving it. It's not quite like any of the previous MGS games and yet it's like all of them.

Kojima :bows

tyagi

I keep can't stop mis-reading Fulton as Futon.

I did wonder how I could capture enemy soldiers using a comfortable, moderately priced piece of lounge furniture.

entremet

Any NYC Gaffers going to see Kojima at the Union Square Best Buy on Friday? He's gonna be signing copies of PW from 6-8pm.

Vamphuntr

Holy hell... How do I beat the final boss alone?

5 skulls ranked mission. Is the only way to win is to grind for the best missile launcher? Right now I'm using rank 3 missile launchers and firing all of my rockets remove only one lifebar :lol :lol .

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
entrement said:
Any NYC Gaffers going to see Kojima at the Union Square Best Buy on Friday? He's gonna be signing copies of PW from 6-8pm.

Hmm might head out for that.

TheSeks

Haha. The easter egg cutscene.

And the truck to right of it:

*fwip*

"METAL... GEAR...!?"

*fwip*

Edit: I really gotta stop crossing tags.

Yay! I can finally develop the Tommy Gun (well, a variant of it) and my R&D has reached a level to let me make Rations rank 2 (one more ration, I guess, whoopie?) and Smoke Grenades Rank 2 (bigger smoke range?) I haven't played around with the smoke too much. Doesn't seem too useful except for ninja/crossing areas stealth or trying to hold up dudes. Makes it hard to see the area for me. :(

Ephemeris

Strider2K99 said:
2m2w40l.jpg

2 years to the day.
I'm in that photo as well. The woman walking by totally blocks me out from the picture. Coincidence? Or S-Rank Stealth?

kuYuri

Oh wow, I totally forgot about that picture! :lol

If anyone really wants to look for me tomorrow, I'm the dude with the striped shirt in the pic.

Has anyone played a lot of coop stealth? It seemed really fun, but given that all the missions are doable in single player and the difficulty doesn't scale as well as the boss battles, it seems like it's just not as popular of a multiplayer choice as the monster hunter style boss battles.

anyone disagree? i wish that there were some stealth missions that could only be done in coop, maybe as extras or something.

TheSeks

Fuck. How the hell do you S rank Extra Op 18? I did it 0 alerts/0 kills 1min:58sec and only get an A-rank. >:| That pisses me off as I didn't tranq anyone and only CQC'ed one fool. :|

Vamphuntr

Overall I found the game pretty awesome. The very last chapter was a mess though. It seems they did this in a rush. All of the main ops in this chapters are repetitive. It's also awkward to make the plot progress . You basically have to look at the faq to know what to do. Pretty sure a lot of folks won't even play the chapter as a whole.

I stilll have a hard time deciding if the ending was super awesome or super lame.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Vamphuntr said:
Overall I found the game pretty awesome. The very last chapter was a mess though. It seems they did this in a rush. All of the main ops in this chapters are repetitive. It's also awkward to make the plot progress . You basically have to look at the faq to know what to do. Pretty sure a lot of folks won't even play the chapter as a whole.

I stilll have a hard time deciding if the ending was super awesome or super lame.

You mean chapter 4? The mission where you have to
reach the control tower was amazing!

JohngPR

Coop is a ton of fun. Saw a
Tank Box
for the first time and was in awe of its might. LOL

This might be one of the best MGS games gameplay-wise, no bullshit.

Vamphuntr

TTP said:
You mean chapter 4? The mission where you have to
reach the control tower was amazing!

No! I mean Chapter 5

SPOILERS

The Zardonov mission were all boring. The fight with Zeke was awesome though.

Jb

Solid warrior said:
I have 1 armored vehicle and 1 tank, how can i use them in any boss battle?
(Pupa was his name?)

I'm pretty sure you can't. They can only be used in Outer Ops.

Reckoner

I'm going to buy this game soon but I haven't decided yet if I should go for the UMD or digital version. I have been thinking if the next PSP is going to have retrocompatibility only with digital content.

What do you think?

Oh, and obviously I have a PSP 1000, not a Go.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
wait ,

Im where Strangelove tortures you, but in the japanese version those sticks make snake laugh cause they were special or something, now they just produce pain. why they changed that??

dgenx said:
wait ,

Im where Strangelove tortures you, but in the japanese version those sticks make snake laugh cause they were special or something, now they just produce pain. why they changed that??

Interesting, Could that be the scene they had to cut for Japan?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question. When you're playing a co-op mission and you capture someone via fulton, do all the players get the same recruit? Or is it the player who made the capture? And if so, are the stats identical?

duckroll

spindoc said:
I have a question. When you're playing a co-op mission and you capture someone via fulton, do all the players get the same recruit? Or is it the player who made the capture? And if so, are the stats identical?

Everyone gets all the benefits from a mission when it's completed.

hamchan

So I'm really enjoying this game. Only thing I take issue with is that
the first three bosses are machines.Where are the unique bosses I'm used to in MGS?
Is it like this the rest of the game?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
chandoog said:
Woot ! Game looks gorgeous :eek:

jjuzwl.jpg

444 mhz !
It's actually pretty insane for the PSP. These types of visuals would never have been expected early on in the systems life. It doesn't look as good as MGS3 overall, but it definitely holds up favorably.

It's a massive leap over Portable Ops, though. The map layouts were so limited and boxy in that game. Peace Walker maps feel like proper MGS environments (though often a bit smaller).

Aside from rough image quality, the PSP still produces better handheld results than just about everything else. The phones are making strides, but they just can't deliver the same type of performance. The PSP hardware is still ahead of the game.

Erigu

Graphics Horse said:
Interesting, Could that be the scene they had to cut for Japan?
Kojima didn't say they had to cut something, just that they had to soften something for the Japanese version in a scene that's pretty much a staple in the series by now. So yeah, that's clearly what he meant by that.

hamchan said:
So I'm really enjoying this game. Only thing I take issue with is that
the first three bosses are machines.Where are the unique bosses I'm used to in MGS?
Is it like this the rest of the game?
Yep, sorry.

A couple quick questions:

I noticed that the PSP has a wide and normal color space in the system settings. I was surprised it defaulted to Wide. It looks like it overdoes the color a bit, but if developers are programming games assuming everyone has it on, then it would be "correct" and the normal color space would be washed out.

One of the nice things about handhelds, unlike TV's, was that you were guaranteed to be looking at the developers color intent. This throws a wrench into that, sadly. Any idea which is best?

The other thing is that I can't for the life of me figure out how to change my clothes.

Top Bottom