• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

thefil

Has anyone been able to avoid detection while sniping enemies in a vehicle mission? It seems like I always get seen eventually by the vehicle, though when/how it happens is random...

EekTheKat

thefil said:
Has anyone been able to avoid detection while sniping enemies in a vehicle mission? It seems like I always get seen eventually by the vehicle, though when/how it happens is random...

Yes, but I have to be ridiculously patient (spoiler about sniping)
The first loud shot always triggers a "warning" phase, causing the AI to be more alert. I can only take one or two shots before I have to take cover to wait it out.

Having a few toys unlocked later on helps quite a bit in sniping. So long as you're fairly far away and your camo index isn't negative you should be okay.

thefil

EekTheKat said:
The first loud shot always triggers a "warning" phase, causing the AI to be more alert. I can only take one or two shots before I have to take cover to wait it out.

Having a few toys unlocked later on helps quite a bit in sniping. So long as you're fairly far away and your camo index isn't negative you should be okay.

How do you know when the alert phase has ended?

*edit* Yup, I'm completely failing at this. Might give up on the Extra Ops at this rate :(

Question for unlocking Extra ops missions

I've done the Zadernov mission 6 and I've been the remaining missions in order. Do I just keep doing them in order to unlock the missing ones or do I have to follow a particular order?

Deadly

EekTheKat said:

Man going pure stealth on those missions? That's crazy:lol It must have taken ages

thefil

Deadly said:
Man going pure stealth on those missions? That's crazy:lol It must have taken ages

What is the recommended strategy going into these? The vehicle guns tear through my dudes like warm butter :(

Deadly

thefil said:
What is the recommended strategy going into these? The vehicle guns tear through my dudes like warm butter :(
For the initial ones, I just go and CQC them (when they're grouped it makes it even easier), then proceed to cover. You should have enough ration and curry to survive. This probably won't work for the post-chapter 4 vehicle bosses in Extra Ops though.

EekTheKat

Deadly said:

Well, Stealth
Sniping
is actually the "quicker" way to stealth run those missions. There's a far more patience requiring way that's both fairly absurd and awesome.

It's very, very satisfying to do those missions via stealth if you're a stealth heavy player.

The brilliance in this game really shines if you tackle it via stealth
they give you SO many toys to tackle those fights without getting into a shootout
, moreso if you have a partner that knows how to play stealthily.

Deadly

EekTheKat said:
Well, Stealth
Sniping
is actually the "quicker" way to stealth run those missions. There's a far more patience requiring way that's both fairly absurd and awesome.

It's very, very satisfying to do those missions via stealth if you're a stealth heavy player.

The brilliance in this game really shines if you tackle it via stealth
they give you SO many toys to tackle those fights without getting into a shootout
, moreso if you have a partner that knows how to play stealthily.
I played stealthy during the whole game. Except those missions and of course the last one. I haven't killed anyone though but doing it like you would just kill me. I just don't have the patience.:lol

where can I get good staff with A+ level, I need some researchers but I cant find any good ones... I havent finished chap 5, so, I need to finish it first?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Oh man, I've just finished listening to all the tapes from Eva and Strangelove in the Briefing Files and I'm 100% sure next Metal Gears will be all about The Boss. There is so much stuff in there it's like listening to an overview of a whole new MG trilogy.

I'm expecting Raiden to be the main character of the series set in the future with The Boss being female protagonist of the series set in the past (from WWII till Snake Eater). I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually the secret PS3 exclusive Kojima is apparently working on.

Anyway, if you haven't listened to the tapes yet, do so NOW.

Victarion

TTP said:
Oh man, I've just finished listening to all the tapes from Eva and Strangelove in the Briefing Files and I'm 100% sure next Metal Gears will be all about the original Big Boss. There is so much stuff in there it's like listening to an overview of a whole new MG trilogy.

I'm expecting Raiden to be the main character of the series set in the future with Big Boss being female protagonist of the series set in the past (from WWII till Snake Eater). I wouldn't be surprised if that's actually the secret PS3 exclusive Kojima is apparently working on.

Anyway, if you haven't listened to the tapes yet, do so NOW.

err... You mean The Boss?

kiryogi

Banned
A little help with Extra OPs.

In particular, the one where you face the APC boss again. I swear the soldiers just keep coming! Any pointers here for good place for cover and whatnot. I run out of Fultons at some point too D:

Lafiel said:
Yeah really surprised by this too. On "shooter" controls, i think it's as perfect as MGS controls can get, with the limitations of the PSP controls.

Amen. The camera alone makes this so much more of a pleasure to play than Portable Ops and overloading the d-pad with menus was a stroke of genius.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Wax Free Vanilla said:
seriously, what's the point of chapter 5 and how long does it last?

it's a decent game but there's always something that shits up a metal gear game

It's just an extra, much like the extra missions. Actual game ended with chapter 4.

Manticore said:
err... You mean The Boss?

Yeah, I meant her.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
kiryogi said:
A little help with Extra OPs.

In particular, the one where you face the APC boss again. I swear the soldiers just keep coming! Any pointers here for good place for cover and whatnot. I run out of Fultons at some point too D:

They do stop coming after a while. You'll then need to damage the APC a bit for the driver to come out.

When you run out of Fultons, kill them. I use silenced guns or claymore for that. Just be warned when they are alarmed they can spot you even from afar if you are not behind something.

I usually hide on top of the hill to the left (behind the woods). Or in the warehouse to the right.

Drame

5 hours in and I'm in love with the game.

So far I have only got C's from missions. Thanks to my non-sneaky aproach! :lol

I have to convince my Monster Hunter pals to buy the game. I really want to test PW's multiplayer.

thefil

Solid warrior said:
more than 15 hours. with Extra OPS it's more than 25 hours or something.

that game is pretty much lengthy and awesome.

Maybe I just suck, but I'm at about 35 and not really close to finished Extra Ops.

*edit* What are some good missions to grind for soldiers?

*edit2* Just got spotted on a mission when there was only one soldier left... :(

54-46!

Damn, I can see getting an S-rank being tough on the part where you need to get to the
Communications Tower after talking with Paz on the security camera..
I guess I will have to start killing people now, this is definitely the hardest part yet.. been running through the game without a single kill so far :|

Barrett2

Blablurn said:
how do i survive the
torture scene. i always die in the 3rd round.

I put my PSP on my lap, used my index finger like a jackhammer. Only way I can really describe it. But it worked!

Blablurn said:
it's fucking impossible
weak, I give you 2/10.

try lawblob's method, it actually worked for me. also, try to rage while you're doing it. just like these guys here >
2j0cxvs.jpg

Spiegel

Phatcorns said:
I absolutely do not play games fast and I beat it in 10 hours. I did a few extra missions but it was almost all main story missions.

That seem not possible to me. Unless you skipped the cutscenes and the tapes.

To defeat most of the bosses you need to do many optional missions/capture tons of people/develop weapons.

Also I doubt you finished the five chapters.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
In that particular part everyone is having tapping problems , when I was playing and the part started I got a really bad torn muscle in the neck so I was screaming and suffering too:lol :lol

Konosuke

Konosuke said:
Is the limited edition available in Europe? I'm dying for it.
Anyone?

Blablurn said:
I MADE IT!

my left hand and my right and my index finger hurt :lol used the dual shock 3.

goddamn, kojima.
The worse part is that you can't get a relaxing massage by Naomi afterwards : (

thefil

Weird question, but does the tank captain automatically see you? I've now tried this mission 10 times, got him to show up 4 of them, but each time he sees me and destroys me with tank shells.

JohngPR

I finally got to the part where I was able to recruit
Hideo Kojima. I love how he just non-chalantly waves at you, LOL.

Pupa
was a bitch to take out by myself. :(

Top Bottom