• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Solid warrior said:
I still don't know how to finish
Date with Paz
, I skipped it then played other missions. but I'd like to know how to finish it, plz.

To clear it you Just need to
take a cardboard box with you.

Salaadin

Augemitbutter said:
you have to setup your team talk in mission preparation and talk to her. like peace, good, i'm counting on you etc.

anything positive. do that and repeat those messages several times until they don't work anymore. this is how i did it.

You still need the Love Box to finish too, right? I didnt know about talking to her. Thanks :lol

oracrest

Damn
Hind battle.
I feel like I am doing something fundamentally wrong.
have two different rocket weapons, and I still have to call in supplies a good 4 or 5 times before I inevitably get killed. Is there a weak spot for massive damage that I am not hitting.

Monster Hunter controls have been great to play with though! Can't wait for the Tigrex Battle, whenever that happens/unlocks. :D

Salaadin said:
You still need the Love Box to finish too, right? I didnt know about talking to her. Thanks :lol

i might be wrong, but i thought snake got one in his inventory automatically in this mission? but if you want to finish with low rank, equipping it is all you have to do.

lawblob said:
Had the
Metal Gear
battle this morning.
Gotta love the overall story of the game, they are building a super high-tech weapon that can single-handedly bring down the world order, yet a single dude with a rocket launcher can best it in a fight.
Is....is this your first MGS game?:D

kinda weird, chico
approaches you because he got a crush on paz and wants some tips, but big boss is way ahead of him and already banged her several times, that bastard!

EekTheKat

Dave1988 said:
Where can I capture rank A and S soldiers?

IIRC, some of the
5 red skull vehicle missions /w guards
has at least 3 or 4 A ranked soldiers. After some time in mother base they should skill up to S ranked.

If I really wanted to farm some soldiers, I just run
Ex 083
That one for sure has a few S/A ranked.

alr1ghtstart said:
only way to do it is with custom firmware. Remotejoylite allows key mapping (I have the face buttons assigned to the right stick) and video out.

i never knew remotejoy had a right click settings menu :lol

my fatty psp is now rigged up with the ds3, awesome.

newsguy

So are the reviews true about needing co-op to get thru this one? I really want to get this but I'm not going online with it.

Salaadin

newsguy said:
So are the reviews true about needing co-op to get thru this one? I really want to get this but I'm not going online with it.

No, you do not need co op. It gets tough sometimes but the right strategy and weapon/item sets will pull you through. Sometimes all you need is a little extra patience. I beat the entire game myself. Sometimes youll want to replay a mission or two and catch for soldiers to build up a better team to build you better equipment but I didnt even do much of that on my first play through.

I admit that I got a little frustrated at one boss but a few more attempts at him to really nail a strategy and I was able to get him. If anything, I thought the game got easier as you played through and youre equipment gains higher levels.

S ranking everything alone might be tough but if you dont care about that sort of thing, then youll be OK. Even so, there are some out there who say theyve S ranked everything alone so I believe its entirely possible.

So where and when can i finally use
zeke? I just beat cocoon and have yet to find an opportunity to use him.

Also, i spent way to long farming two tanks and a chopper only to lose them when they suddenly broke on an outer ops mission. They should really give you a status indicator on them so you dont have to unequip them just to see their health.

Salaadin

Gamer @ Heart said:
So where and when can i finally use
zeke? I just beat cocoon and have yet to find an opportunity to use him.

Also, i spent way to long farming two tanks and a chopper only to lose them when they suddenly broke on an outer ops mission. They should really give you a status indicator on them so you dont have to unequip them just to see their health.

Youll know when. The game makes it clear. If you really want to know now its
after Chapter 5

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
On chapter 4 and i really love how the gameplay is ramping up. Some of these last few levels have felt like that one section in act 5 of MGS4, gameplay-wise. Except there's actually more gameplay this time around.:lol

And damn chapter 3 spoilers
the cocoon boss fight was fracking awesome, it somewhat reminded me of SotC for some reason.:D

Few questions about post game.

I got a tape/cassette from EVA how do i listen to it? How many times does Zandarov escape (he has 3 times already)? And how do i get a higher rank on the Paz date? a C is annoying me :p

Thanks.

Barrett2

I must be a goddamn ninja, because im' not finding the game to be too hard. Other than the
Cacoon
boss, I haven't had too much trouble with anything in the game. *pats self on back*

lawblob said:
I must be a goddamn ninja, because im' not finding the game to be too hard. Other than the
Cacoon
boss, I haven't had too much trouble with anything in the game. *pats self on back*

I found the stealth levels easy if you took your time and just used Fulton Recovery on everyone that i knocked out. I guess if you tried to do it fast and stealth for all 'S' or 'A' ranks it would make it a little bit tougher.

Salaadin

DualShadow said:
Few questions about post game.

I got a tape/cassette from EVA how do i listen to it? How many times does Zandarov escape (he has 3 times already)? And how do i get a higher rank on the Paz date? a C is annoying me :p

Thanks.

The EVA tape is somewhere in the Briefing Files. Select a mission but dont deploy. Go into the Briefing Files and dig around some. Its not listed under a specific name but theres a miscellaneous section or something. It appears there. Sorry, I cant remember what its exactly called :lol

Zadornov will escape 7 times. Just keep pounding out EXTRA ops. Its not as bad as it seems lol. I spent my time here clearing out the fights against PUPA, CHRYSALIS, and COCOON since the parts and AI obtained from them are useful later on.

You need to talk to Paz to get a higher rank. Arrange your co op sayings as positive things Ill just quote what Augemitebutter says above:

you have to setup your team talk in mission preparation and talk to her. like peace, good, i'm counting on you etc.

anything positive. do that and repeat those messages several times until they don't work anymore. this is how i did it

Gamer @ Heart said:

you can see the health of your vehicles whenever you put your team together in outer ops. there is a health bar right below the vehicle. soldiers have one too, but they're obviously always at full health, because they heal up after every mission.

Snake-87

Neo Member
Hi , where can i find the Uniqlo t-shirts online ? every thing on ebay from japan i want XXL US size .
i live in Kuwait .
( i did not want to open a new Thread)

Salaadin said:
The EVA tape is somewhere in the Briefing Files. Select a mission but dont deploy. Go into the Briefing Files and dig around some. Its not listed under a specific name but theres a miscellaneous section or something. It appears there. Sorry, I cant remember what its exactly called :lol

Zadornov will escape 7 times. Just keep pounding out EXTRA ops. Its not as bad as it seems lol. I spent my time here clearing out the fights against PUPA, CHRYSALIS, and COCOON since the parts and AI obtained from them are useful later on.

You need to talk to Paz to get a higher rank. Arrange your co op sayings as positive things Ill just quote what Augemitebutter says above:

Thanks mate.

7 Times!? My god I'm gonna fire the cell guards :lol

Snake-87 said:
Hi , where can i find the Uniqlo t-shirts online ? every thing on ebay from japan i want XXL US size .
i live in Kuwait .

You're out of luck, like myself. Uniqlo's largest shirt size is XL which is a US Large.

Salaadin

Snake-87 said:
i live in Kuwait .

I dont know if you can. Last place I know of was Kid Samurai (which is run by a fellow gaffer and his wife I think) but theyre mostly out of stock too. Plus Im not sure about shipping to Kuwait.

I talked myself out of it but I really want the dog tags shirt again. I should just cave in and buy it but Id probably never wear it. Ugh

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Hell yeah. Finished chapter 5. Oh man, so good what happens at the end of it.
So Hal (Otacon) is then son of Huey and Stangelove right? Final Big Boss speech was epic btw

Salaadin

TTP said:
So Hal (Otacon) is then son of Huey and Stangelove right? Final Big Boss speech was epic btw

I dont think it says if Strangelove is the mother or not but thats probably a reasonable assumption to make.

Yeah I think people are SOL when it comes to the uniqlo shirts. I haven't seen them in any of the uniqlo stores in japan for a few weeks now.

TTP said:

&, just to be clear
it was hal's stepmother, & not strangelove, that he had sex with :) ...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I love this game it's amazing.

Is this by far the LONGEST gameplay-wise Metal Gear Solid game that's ever been released? I can't believe that I'm like 6 hours in and still on Chapter One! That's nuts.

I have a few questions about the story that I would like to be non-spoiled. Just a simple yes or no answer will suffice:

1. Does this game tie in any way to the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 on MSX? I mean I realize you are making "Outer Heaven" right now, does it go beyond that?
2. Do we learn why Big Boss becomes "bad" and is the villain in the first two games as well?
3. Is THE Solid Snake ever hinted at/mentioned in this game?
4. Any more references to Metal Gear Solid 2 or 4 ?

... Thanks. Like I said a simple non-spoiler answers of "yes", "no, or "kinda sorta" would be great. Thanks! :D

Adam Prime said:
1. Does this game tie in any way to the original Metal Gear 1 and 2 on MSX? I mean I realize you are making "Outer Heaven" right now, does it go beyond that?
2. Do we learn why Big Boss becomes "bad" and is the villain in the first two games as well?
4. Any more references to Metal Gear Solid 2 or 4 ?

... Thanks. Like I said a simple non-spoiler answers of "yes", "no, or "kinda sorta" would be great. Thanks! :D

1. Yes, but also kinda sorta
2. kinda sorta
3. hmm
4. Yes

It's really, really hard to answer with just those though. Some of what you're asking is more hinted at than anything, but I haven't made it to the very very end yet. Post-credits has a ton of content. :lol

Jigsaw

Banned
i love how you can listen to all the codec dialogs anytime you want,this will be the first metal gear where i know i won't miss out on any dialog

KTallguy

Banned
Jeez, they have to bash the PSP every 5 seconds in that review?
I agree that it's not a dual shock, but why can so many other people play it just fine?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Adam Prime said:
Man I love this game it's amazing.

Is this by far the LONGEST gameplay-wise Metal Gear Solid game that's ever been released? I can't believe that I'm like 6 hours in and still on Chapter One! That's nuts.

Solid Snake, is ~2 years old at this point in time. :lol

soldat7

sturmdogg said:
Can you be a bit more specific?

In one of the trucks in a cutscene before Pupa.

"70% of my existence is made of movies. It is up to you to decide what to do with the remaining 30%."

:lol

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
fuckin TRANSFORMICE keeps me away from starting MGS5.

That game is way too much fun.

How do I beat Extra OP 58?

How/when am I supposed to take a picture of the guy? I've taken a full body shot of him with no obstacle and I still couldn't complete the mission.

Extra OP 125, 126, 127 is a joke. That thing supposed to be hard? keep circling to your left and shoot it with the mk 22 and mosin and in about 7-8 minutes you get an easy S rank.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This game has so many bosses. :lol I've been playing 1 or 2 story missions + some extra ops, then I defeat the boss and call it a day. Just beat the
hind at the waterfall (killed all the support with the RPG until the captain appeared, hind get)
, easiest boss so far with all the hiding places but I guess I'm also getting the hang of it.

soldat7 said:
"70% of my existence is made of movies. It is up to you to decide what to do with the remaining 30%."
So good. :lol

Salaadin

Chip N Chance said:
I ended up finding kojima about 40 hours into the game. Weird how that works.

I misread your post as "I ended up fucking Kojima about 40 hours into the game." I had to do a double take. Yeesh.

I found him on my first play through thanks to my brother. He
didnt remember the license plates so he randomly started picking trucks and got him that way. He told me immediately after

Top Bottom